The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 January 2024, 08:36 PM   #91
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xky View Post
Hopefully people reading this will be more careful who they buy watches from on TRF.

Seasoned users who know who’s who and know who to trust are knowledgeable.

It just seems way too easy for a scammer to list a watch on The Rolex Forum to scam unsuspecting inexperienced people looking for a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to the original poster hope you get money back or watch,but anyone with any common sense should do this before buying anything online.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:40 PM   #92
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xky View Post
Will the TRF moderators say anything about this? Do they have too? Would be nice to hear what they have to say about this and the others that have been scammed on here.

Well its clearly stated in all for sale forums.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=912330

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=9423

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 09:41 PM   #93
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Hi just wanted to know if possible it there is any record of other scams and if this was the reason of being banned, thanks
rolexRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 09:50 PM   #94
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
As an outsider it is easy to judge this, but I’m not sure how him being banned means you got scammed. It seems the transaction was recent and he is communicating with you. This just seems like an odd chain of events. If I paid someone $14,000, I would have exhausted all possibilities with the seller and police before wasting time making vague posts.
Old 4 January 2024, 10:27 PM   #95
hojlund
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
As an outsider it is easy to judge this, but I’m not sure how him being banned means you got scammed. It seems the transaction was recent and he is communicating with you. This just seems like an odd chain of events. If I paid someone $14,000, I would have exhausted all possibilities with the seller and police before wasting time making vague posts.
you mean OP make up the whole story?
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 10:28 PM   #96
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
I’m betting this has a happy ending and is a false alarm.

With the additional information, I am even more convinced this is a false alarm.

Roger Lococco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 10:33 PM   #97
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexRV View Post
The seller answered when I told him we were discussing about it here and we could tag his data.

He states he was banned "for having used such word on a member on the forum, it was a heated conversation".

My red flag was that he was banned but nobody (MODs please) can confirm if this was really the reason or he scammed someone.

It is good that he answered, I would say a scammer would have disappeared. Now he says he would send the watch but I rejected it. As soon nobody knows if this guy scammed someone else I do not feel confident with the trade. He is not part of the forum anymore. I fear to get an empty box.

I told him to wire the funds back asap. He told me he would do it yesterday after work. He did not and today I sent him another email. He told me he had no time and he will do it today.

A TRF membe sent me a PM offering his help to start any legal action. I really appreciate it. If the seller does not wire the fund today I wish he can help me to report a file.

Keep you updated. Thanks for your support
Please keep us posted
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 10:51 PM   #98
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post

You transfer This week 14K. The seller does not answer in two days. The information was fluent till last week. You see the guy was banned on 30/12. What would you think?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 4 January 2024, 10:51 PM   #99
Greguet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
As posted in another forum on TRF, I was dealing with JeromeL on another watch. Got close enough to get his bank details and home address. At least that of who he wanted the transfer to go to. Wasn't his name.

There were a couple of red flags in his reply with bank information.

I asked for a phone call along with the wire transfer info. He responded late day on NY eve that he was at work and couldn't. Didn't offer an alternative time. I also provided several references in that message. He provided none. That's when I came back to TRF to see what the Feedback system was like. At which point I saw the banned tag under his user name. So, I contacted a moderator here and Tim responded.

That account has been compromised/hacked. When a seller is banned that’s generally the reason.
Do NOT purchase from this person, it’s not the person who originally opened the account here.
Tim

Despite the banned tag, all his for sale posts were still live including a link to a gmail account. They were live for a day, after getting the response from a moderator about the reason for the ban.

The seller had several for sale posts over a few months and the account was about a year old. Couldn't find the user name or email anywhere else on Google or other watch forums. Couldn't find any mention of the name he sent for the transfer on Google or other social.

The home address was for a 900 Sq/Ft bungalo in Cloverdale CA. Zillow and Redfin estimated the value at around U$.5M. Not the type of place a colletor a handful of $10k watches lives. Couldn't establish what his watch interest was because he refused to take a phone call.

I use Watchrecon to look for watches. Got an account here mainly because you have to login to see the pictures. I've been on Timezone and other watch forums since the late 90s under the same user name as here. No sign of this seller's name anywhere else.

Checked in again last night to see if the for sale posts were still up. They weren't but found this post from the OP.

Greg
Greguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 10:54 PM   #100
walds11
"TRF" Member

Dang OP! I hope you get your money back.

Shouldn’t this thread be in the WatchOut section?
Old 4 January 2024, 10:56 PM   #101
chaosiwe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
Buy a Rolex online from a private seller in another country? Don't be silly, there a million ways it can go wrong but only way it can go right.

Go to your local grey dealer and buy over the counter.
I have done this few times. Bought quite expensive watches (the latest was VC 4500) at this forum being in another country. You just need to do a proper due diligence, buy the seller, not watch as they say
chaosiwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 11:04 PM   #102
AlanH
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
I belong to a number of forums, but would I buy anything of value from a forum Classifieds section? Never in a million years.
AlanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 11:17 PM   #103
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Very sorry OP. I'm hoping the best for you and will be following here.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 11:53 PM   #104
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
The seller answered when I told him we were discussing about it here and we could tag his data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
Excellent, the seller is replying to your messages. I hope you get your money back soon, OP.
Me too, best wishes.

If it does not work out, there are ways to find the miscreant without using local law enforcement (who likely won't be bothered to do anything). It may be throwing good money after bad, but there are options.

I suspect that the most common "scam" on this forum is people who have established feedback getting their accounts highjacked by either not using 2FA or falling victim to a phishing email/PM. Those hijacked accounts are (I suspect) eventually banned to prevent further scamming.

I have bought and sold many watches through this forum and others to (and from) individuals and with proper due diligence, have not had any issues.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 12:45 AM   #105
Mike I
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis29 View Post
There’s a lot of TRF accounts that have been hacked acting as someone else.

I’ve personally reached out to multiple batgirl sellers and they were all bogus. Would not provide their id, refused to use escrow, or FaceTime with watch in hand. Gave fake references or IDs. Shit is the wild west in the classifieds section here.

Scammers;
Mike I
Tenementhall
I’m not a scammer. My account was hacked.
Mike I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 12:58 AM   #106
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi,

wired 14K to the seller JeromeL for a Batman. Now I see he has been banned. I am in Spain and he is in the US. I have his email address, but what can I do??

so frustrated...

thanks
Why would you buy a watch from the US if youre located in Europe…. Many sellers and watches over there even in spain …. So you try to save $1k or $2k for this transaction and at the end you lose it all …. Not a good idea my friend …. Sorry to be harsh IMO
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 01:07 AM   #107
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa2109 View Post
Not exactly. Simply that someone “voluntarily” sends money to someone doesn’t mean there’s no fraud. I’d that were true, most fraud would be legal. The fraud comes in the inducement of the person making payment. And the listing clearly was designed to induce someone like OP to make payment.

But I agree, OP, that it’s premature to conclude you’ve been scammed for sure. Getting banned doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a scumbag, never mind a crook. I’d do as others have suggested: write, call or otherwise try to contact the seller in any way you can to find out if s/he’s going to fulfill the order. If you get blown off or stonewalled or if s/he blows smoke up your dress and you don’t get the watch, the FBI has a cybercrime division, which has an “Internet Crime Complaint Center” (or “IC3”), that your national law authorities can call on for assistance. https://www.ic3.gov/. I was scammed once in a watch purchase, and they got every dollar back for me.

Thank You. If what some of these posters were saying is correct, the only time fraud could be committed would be if someone made the wire transfer at gunpoint. Which is clearly not the case.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 01:08 AM   #108
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
hopefully OP gets his money back.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 01:49 AM   #109
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

The seller did not wir the funds back

I wired 14K to

DAWN HIRSCHY
106 TENIENTE CT
FORT WAYNE, IN 4685

PNC BANK, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION
LOUSIVILLE, KY

jertimepiece@gmail.com

Is there any possibility anyone could helpe me me to file a report in the US. I have an email chain with the wire screenshot, etc

thanks
Old 5 January 2024, 01:58 AM   #110
m j b
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I wired 14K to

DAWN HIRSCHY
106 TENIENTE CT
FORT WAYNE, IN 4685

LOUSIVILLE, KY
Google is your friend.

There is a Dawn Hirschy in Fort Wayne Indiana, but that address is not accurate, that street has numbers that start in the 1000 range, there is no 106.

The bank should have matched the address to the account, and I don't think that would have worked.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Old 5 January 2024, 02:00 AM   #111
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Google is your friend.

There is a Dawn Hirschy in Fort Wayne Indiana, but that address is not accurate, that street has numbers that start in the 1000 range, there is no 106.

The bank should have matched the address to the account, and I don't think that would have worked.
FORT WAYNE 1602 sorry,

called to all tel numbers I saw in Internet pointing out to this name an address.. nothing, the problem is tu file a report ..
Old 5 January 2024, 02:03 AM   #112
Bada
"TRF" Member

wild
Bada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 02:05 AM   #113
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:

I wired 14K to

DAWN HIRSCHY
106 TENIENTE CT
FORT WAYNE, IN 4685

LOUSIVILLE, KY

jertimepiece@gmail.com

Is there any possibility anyone could helpe me me to file a report in the US. I have an email chain with the wire screenshot, etc

thanks
Check with seller's local police department to see if they have a financial crimes unit. If so, it would be extremely unlikely that you would need somebody else to assist you in filing a report. Additionally, if you're a US citizen, I might also inquire with DOJ to see if fraud on a US citizen abroad along with an international wire would qualify as a federal crime.
Old 5 January 2024, 02:10 AM   #114
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoNeal View Post
Check with seller's local police department to see if they have a financial crimes unit. If so, it would be extremely unlikely that you would need somebody else to assist you in filing a report. Additionally, if you're a US citizen, I might also inquire with DOJ to see if fraud on a US citizen abroad along with an international wire would qualify as a federal crime.
The problem is that I come from Spain, and located in Spain.

I did a transfer of 6.100USD and a colleague from me of the US wired 7.100 (As I just sold them a watch I preferred him to wire 7.1K and I do the rest)

I am also in touch with my colleague, as 7.100 were transferred from an US citizen perhaps it helps an he can issue the file
Old 5 January 2024, 02:11 AM   #115
chet
"TRF" Member

Contact Dawn through her employer. A quick google search shows she works at Lancia Homes in Fort Wayne. If this doesn't work, then tell the employer about your experience. They should know what their employees are doing.

ETA: I am sure Jamie Lancia and Jim Lancia would be interested to know their accounts payable employee is scamming people.
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 02:18 AM   #116
m j b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
Contact Dawn through her employer. A quick google search shows she works at Lancia Homes in Fort Wayne. If this doesn't work, then tell the employer about your experience. They should know what their employees are doing.
NO. This is very not cool. I would presume that any decent scammer is using someone else's identity, just like they did with the TRF account.

Old 5 January 2024, 02:30 AM   #117
chet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
NO. This is very not cool. I would presume that any decent scammer is using someone else's identity, just like they did with the TRF account.
That's why you start with talking to her--she may be able to shed some light or she may be the actual scammer.
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 02:49 AM   #118
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
With the additional information, I am even more convinced this is a false alarm.

Not a chance. The OP transacted with a banned member.
That in itself is super risky. The reason most accounts get banned is they were phished. This was a high risk transaction to begin with even if account wasn’t banned as you are talking about a guy with little history/reputation. So for me, I wouldn’t send an unknown 14 dollars let alone 14k. This should never have happened and sadly a costly lesson to the OP. With all of the trusted sellers in the community I have zero idea why anyone would roll the dice with so much money. The only reason people do it is to try to save a few dollars which ends up costing them a lot more in the end. So it sucks but should have never happened if one exercised proper caution and care.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 02:49 AM   #119
Greguet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
I was given a diferent name, address and bank to wire funds to this seller. Odds are that its a stolen identity rather than an accomplice.

Hopefully this is comes up in a search if they try to use this ID again.

Bank: Capital One
Name: Asaisha Jayne Williams
Account number: 36257028955
Routing number: 031176110
Swift Code: NFBKUS33
House address: 129 Caldwell Cloverdale, CA 95425
Bank Address: 821 Americana Way, Glendale, CA 91210
Greguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:11 AM   #120
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
always always ask for a facetime with the seller, one of the better way to vet.
if they refused, means they don't have the watch nor they wanna show their faces.

as a seller and buyer here, i always ask for a facetime when dealing with a new seller.
for me as seller, i always recommend the buyer of my watches to facetime me, even with the huge time difference, i make an effort to do so.

i have been scammed once here on the forums before and someone else used my username to scam others (luckily there were no victims)

take care and i don't think you will ever see your 14k USD back.

i lost my 15k back then, lesson learnt, will never ever happen to me again.
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote