The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 18 April 2017, 02:40 AM   #31
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Update:

Right on schedule at 21 weeks I received a call today to verify information for shipment.

I should have my watch back on Thursday and will update as to the packing and results of the service.

Thanks.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2017, 05:47 AM   #32
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Well it's good that PP acknowledged that this was not normal and agreed to take part to their charge, I also had a problem with one of my watches, the manufacturer said it was due to a shock, strange as the watch never ever fell, but since it was under warranty they just changed the part no questions, I think it was really a defective piece, they probably knew it, but since they were paying to keep up their rep they said it was a shock, I think that the high end brands repair their errors without too many problems, some brands are awful like IWC for service under warranty, always putting the blame on the client, but I don't expect that from PP, AP and other high end brands
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 09:14 PM   #33
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Update:

Watch received from Fed EX two day shipping. Packaged very well inside a plain brown box, the watch was bubble wrapped and vacuum sealed. QC hang tag and sticker were on the watch.

Patek covered the broken barrel bridge for me.

I noticed that the crown stem seems to come out farther than before and the winding seems smoother. The same rotor sound is present as before. Nothing that I can see through the display back to indicate any work.

There was one minor point, the watch had some sort of smear on the bezel. I cleaned right off and was no issue.

I will now track the performance of the watch and see how well it keeps time as it was running -2 sec per day before the service.

Thanks.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 09:32 PM   #34
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Guys, he's a perfect customer for modrrn Patek, i think that's the takeaway here. No matter how badly made a product may be, he'll always pay up full retail without quibble. Let's be honest, Patek is in need for more of this type of customer. Hopefully he paid full list price from an AD too.

Sure those with knowledge of timepieces realize there is a problem, yet he's willing to overlook this to financially support the current Patek Philippe regime. An interesting decision to be sure, yet he can pay as he so chooses and I'll defend his right to do so.

Go away... if you have nothing productive to say just leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 April 2017, 09:34 PM   #35
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Update:

Watch received from Fed EX two day shipping. Packaged very well inside a plain brown box, the watch was bubble wrapped and vacuum sealed. QC hang tag and sticker were on the watch.

I noticed that the crown stem seems to come out farther than before and the winding seems smoother. The same rotor sound is present as before. Nothing that I can see through the display back to indicate any work.

There was one minor point, the watch had some sort of smear on the bezel. I cleaned right off and was no issue.

I will now track the performance of the watch and see how well it keeps time as it was running -2 sec per day before the service.

Thanks.

Congrats and hope you enjoy for a long time coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 April 2017, 12:43 PM   #36
Donjo
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear they were accommodating.
Donjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 09:27 PM   #37
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Update:

Thanks.

Great news time to enjoy it !

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote