The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 October 2022, 02:39 AM   #31
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I saw an audiologist shortly after posting this thread and was given Phonak programmable behind-the-ear aids. As Dave noted, the change was remarkable. I love my aids. My tinnitus has also decreased, as it often does with well-programmed HAs. I was amazed at how much auditory input I was missing due to hearing loss.

I also purchased in-the-ear aids to wear while skiing, boating, biking, etc. They can't be dislodged by wind or helmets.

My audiologist laughed the last time I saw her and said she has seen countless friends of mine who I've referred for aids. Truly life-changing.
Interesting. My mom got hearing aids and hasn't loved them. I've got pretty bad tinnitus, as does she. so hearing that she wasn't a fan was a bummer. Especially since HAs are now available OTC. One of these days I'll get to an audiologist.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 02:55 AM   #32
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
I lost a good part of my hearing in Vietnam. Over the years exposure to other noise sources took their toll. It got to the point that the Air Force Reserve had my hearing tested, and they issued a stop order on my continuing to attend drills. The VA tested my hearing and determined a % loss. They fitted me with hearing aids, top quality, I’ve been wearing them for over twenty years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 05:43 AM   #33
DoubleBridge
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time
For those with hearing aids, are they rechargeable or do they take disposable batteries? What do you do to make sure they’re always juiced up?
DoubleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 08:22 AM   #34
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBridge View Post
For those with hearing aids, are they rechargeable or do they take disposable batteries? What do you do to make sure they’re always juiced up?
I have rechargeable behind-the-ear Bluetooth programmable aids and in-the-canal battery aids for sports. I charge the BTE aids nightly. A set of batteries lasts about four days of constant use or 7-10 days of intermittent use.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 05:57 PM   #35
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
My two behind-the-ear hearing aids supplied free on national health use disposable batteries again supplied free.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 04:41 PM   #36
DoubleBridge
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time
Thanks for sharing, gents. Padi, do they mail them or do you have to pick them up at the audiologist?

Joey, any reason why you don’t have disposable type aids?
DoubleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 09:27 PM   #37
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Joey, any reason why you don’t have disposable type aids?
My hearing loss is due to three factors: genetics, small arms fire over years in my work as a SWAT physician, and head injury in 2011. The pattern on my audiogram requires specific frequency boosts rather than simple amplification. My audiologist has fine-tuned the hearing aids via the hardware and software to compensate for my deficits.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote