The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 June 2012, 09:59 AM   #31
steelers
"TRF" Member

Nothing compares to being scrubbed down before skin transfer! I had 1 and that was enough! Broke my nose twice ! The pain does not even compare!
steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 10:47 AM   #32
john333
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear you have been struggling thru this Mike...although I have never experienced gout, I work with a couple of people that do, and it appears to be a very uncomfortable thing to deal with.

I hope your doc gets you on the right medication that will give you relief!
john333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 12:39 PM   #33
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
Sorry to hear you have been struggling thru this Mike...although I have never experienced gout, I work with a couple of people that do, and it appears to be a very uncomfortable thing to deal with.

I hope your doc gets you on the right medication that will give you relief!

John , I am good to go bud I went and golfed this am ,and the foot feels great, the timing of me taking the prednisone and hydrocodone helped immensely.
Old 3 June 2012, 09:42 PM   #34
john333

Glad to hear Mike!!

Hope you get to go catch the final round of The Memorial today...should be a good one!!
john333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 11:05 PM   #35
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
I remember my grandfather having the gout and being in severe pain.

Worst pain was getting a broken nose then going in a week later so the dr. can rebreak it by sticking a metal rod up your nose and pushing as hard as he can so he can reposition it all with a local that literally didn't do shit.
Thank you, Bruno, for the graphic description of your nose 'rebreaking'.....
I particularly like the part about the metal rod and no effective pain killer...
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 10:23 AM   #36
AIKO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Apple View Post
Haven't had that , but thats more for the older generation, No offense ... I will have to Retract my Pain of Pains comment, The kidney stones are even worse.
I work in the chronic pain field, every patient I have ever met over the past 8 years that has had a million back surgeries with hardware, nerve damage from shingles, CRPS from crush injuries....all say kidney stones is the worst most intense...almost suicidal pain. Good thing it is not chronic and passes.

Hang in their Mike, sunny days ahead.
AIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 11:46 AM   #37
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Ihave had Kidney stones, (4 times), Gall Stones (once, then the gallbladder was removed) and chronic prosititus. I would have to agree, Kidney stones are probably the worst. Have never had gout, but ironically, I take Alpurinol every day. My chronic prosititus was making life miserable. I would have flare-ups that lasted for eight or nine months. The burning, the pain, the urge to go all the time, it definitely sucked. I had every kind of (disgusting) test done by three different Urologists, (ever had a sicoscipy? Now THAT is a lot of fun!), they could not find out what is wrong. Finally, my current Uro did one of those 48 hour blood and urine intensive tests. He found that my uric acid was pretty high, (does 9 sound high?, something like that, can't remember). Anyway he started me on Alpurinol. The Difference was IMMEDIATE and INCREDIBLE! I have had relief for years now. I still have flare-ups occasionally, but no where NEAR as bad or last as long. My Uro theorized that the Uric-acid crystals were continiously irritating my prostate.

I don't care what the reason, all I know is this medicine is a wonder-drug for me and I feel a million times better!

Oh, and to the OP, My best for your relief from pain.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 03:04 AM   #38
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Had numerous of these procedures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystoscopy

Bladder cancer...

They shove a camera up the tip of your penis through your urethura and past your prostate before arriving in your bladder where they inflate it with saline soulution and have an excrutiating look around. All while awake and no anestethia is allowed other than some topical squirted inside your penis (which hurts just as much) in the event that they perforate something they want you to scream out in pain.

I would not wish this on any man. I have to get one done every 6 months for the rest of my life. Bladder Cancer has an 80% recidicism rate. Your eyes water from pain when getting this done wide awake. To say that this sucks is a mild understatement.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 03:56 AM   #39
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Gajin, you described the procedure and effects perfectly. I have only had three done in my life but would rather remove my own appendix with a garden trowel. It got to the point where I would take Two VERY strong sedatives before the procedure, Valium or Xanex, and listen to classical music on sound-canceling headphones during it.

That, almost made it bearable... almost.
Old 6 June 2012, 04:12 AM   #40
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Gajin, you described the procedure and effects perfectly. I have only had three done in my life but would rather remove my own appendix with a garden trowel. It got to the point where I would take Two VERY strong sedatives before the procedure, Valium or Xanex, and listen to classical music on sound-canceling headphones during it.

That, almost made it bearable... almost.
Beethoven or Brahms ?
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 04:21 AM   #41
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
I'll never complain about my ailments ever again!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 06:01 AM   #42
Rodentman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
I'll never complain about my ailments ever again!
dP
Neither will I.

I thought getting my leg severed in a motorcycle accident was bad.....

You need to listen to Urethra Franklin through those headphones....
Rodentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 09:42 AM   #43
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe View Post
Beethoven or Brahms ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodentman View Post
Neither will I.

I thought getting my leg severed in a motorcycle accident was bad.....

You need to listen to Urethra Franklin through those headphones....

It was Schubert's second symphony to be exact, but if Ozzy Ozbourne was the only music available, I would have been listening to it... anything to "get me away" from what they were doing to me down there.

You know, don't mean to hijack the OPs thread, and I sincerely wish you releif from your pain, but as long as we're on the subject of this... disgusting procedure, I wonder if it is the psychological effect of the whole thing that makes it almost unbearable. I remember when the Urologist was describing it to me before my first one, I said something like: "You're going to shove WHAT up WHERE!?!?!? " And something along the lines of... "This is AFTER I'm already dead right?" I seriously was pale, sweating, a little shakey before they even started, I'm sure you can understand why. The Pain is definitely bad, and even when it's not hurting you still feel this probe poking around where things just shold NOT be poking around. It's the... the... "Wrongness" of the whole concept. At least in my world, that whole area down there is a ONE-WAY street, and when something goes the wrong direction, your brain just goes haywire.
Old 6 June 2012, 10:43 AM   #44
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post

Bladder cancer...

They shove a camera up the tip of your penis through your urethura and past your prostate before arriving in your bladder where they inflate it with saline soulution and have an excrutiating look around. All while awake and no anestethia is allowed other than some topical squirted inside your penis (which hurts just as much) in the event that they perforate something they want you to scream out in pain.

I would not wish this on any man. I have to get one done every 6 months for the rest of my life. Bladder Cancer has an 80% recidicism rate. Your eyes water from pain when getting this done wide awake. To say that this sucks is a mild understatement.
After reading this I'll take the broken nose. You Gaijin are a tougher man than I. I dont think I could take this sober. Good luck and good health to you sir.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 11:50 AM   #45
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post

Bladder cancer...

You win !!!! I got pains just reading your description.
Old 7 June 2012, 03:09 AM   #46
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Thank you all. Sorry for hijacking the thread...
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote