The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 22 June 2019, 10:51 PM   #1
Goldfinger9
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG Yachtmaster II
Joseph Halpert: Stein Diamonds

I just purchased one of my best Rolexes from them, a Day Date 40 in rose gold with the green, olive dial. This is my sixth purchase from them and I have never had a problem with them in the past at all or now. Quick service and good availability of watches (all of course for a price). No problem talking to them about choices or the topic of Rolexes in general. I have bought from Rolex AD’s before and found their customer service to be dismal. Snooty, arrogant attitude, staff with poor knowledge of the brand, lists which exist and then magically do not based on the whim of the manager, inability to talk about watch choices and future buying options of certain models, and on and on.... How about picking up the phone or email, talk to a staff guy like Joseph, make a choice, pay, and get the watch delivered the next day? No driving to the AD and get interrogated about your purchase, having them try to figure out if you are a flipper or not (even though you have never sold a Rolex watch form your over 20+ year collection in your lifetime!). What a pain. That is why I think Rolex will drop the AD’s during this next downturn, as AD’s in Malls go out of business. Wall Street banks have already downgraded many, if not all businesses located in Malls and credit will become an issue for them. I own 14 Rolexes now and prefer to buy from a reliable gray market dealer like Stein. I recommend them without any reservation.
By the way, if you go the gray market watch and need to size your watch, I found out that using a hair dryer to heat the adjustable links helps to loosen the Loctite placed on the screws at the factory. Hope this info helps and always use Bergeron tools:)
Goldfinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 04:21 AM   #2
SteinDiamonds
"TRF" Member

Thank you so much for the review and its been a pleasure emailing, talking, discussing, and working with you!

Enjoy the watch!!
SteinDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote