The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 February 2018, 11:35 AM   #31
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
It would be nice to see a SS Coke but the probability is very low. The colour separation is very hard to achieve with red ( blue and black is apparently easier but still not without its complications). This would make the Coke uneconomic to produce in anything except a white gold model. The WG Pepsi has been discontinued - it’s not been a failure in the the WIS community but has not done so well with the general non-wis watch buying community - the only one Rolex cares about.

We underestimate how difficult it is to produce these bi coloured bezels on ceramic. Even the BLNR bezel has a high degree of failures that Rolex has to throw away. With the Pepsi ceramic the wastage was very high (9 out of 10 I was told) which is why it could only be justified on a white gold model to cover the costs of production. They are a pain in the butt to produce, which is why I think Rolex is in no hurry to produce another bi colour ceramic. No doubt they will come up with some other marketing ploy to part our cash from our wallets.
Old 26 February 2018, 11:42 AM   #32
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

Hope springs eternal in Rolex-lover world.

But doubt it.
lucevan le stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:49 AM   #33
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyim View Post
Wonder how many BLRO owners will opt for a SS Coke if it is available.
Not me! Sticking with my 16710.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0263.jpg (252.6 KB, 353 views)
Old 26 February 2018, 01:43 PM   #34
Speed
"TRF" Member

36.27%
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:36 PM   #35
rudegar
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40 Pt
Quote:
Originally Posted by affalterbach View Post
The BLNR and LN fly out of dealer cases and are difficult to obtain. Hard to believe Rolex would introduce another GMT variant in stainless.
My AD rep told me the Coke was the slowest selling of the GMTs when it was available. While a few hundred here would buy it how many thousands would buy instead of LN or BLNR. Don’t know. I prefer BLNR and BLRO to Coke but Coke over LN. But frankly since I have a TT, I’m holding out for a Platinum Blueberry :)
rudegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:36 PM   #36
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
I hope it will come with jubilee to mix up the line a little and pay homage to the original GMT 1675, if it does I WANT one
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:51 PM   #37
Recaro18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16520
Very small chance..

Just buy a 16710...

~Connecting people through my passion, one timepiece at a time~
Recaro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 10:58 PM   #38
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
I really want a ss Pepsi (or coke) but with the crazy prices now decided to wait for Basel as if they release one, the current 16710 price should go down (I think)

If it is released most likely it will be in PM. Which means more people will continue to search for a 16710 as it is more attainable price wise. Which means prices on the 16710 will not go down. Probably continue to slowly creep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2th_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:37 PM   #39
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
It would be nice to see a SS Coke but the probability is very low. The colour separation is very hard to achieve with red ( blue and black is apparently easier but still not without its complications). This would make the Coke uneconomic to produce in anything except a white gold model. The WG Pepsi has been discontinued - it’s not been a failure in the the WIS community but has not done so well with the general non-wis watch buying community - the only one Rolex cares about.

We underestimate how difficult it is to produce these bi coloured bezels on ceramic. Even the BLNR bezel has a high degree of failures that Rolex has to throw away. With the Pepsi ceramic the wastage was very high (9 out of 10 I was told) which is why it could only be justified on a white gold model to cover the costs of production. They are a pain in the butt to produce, which is why I think Rolex is in no hurry to produce another bi colour ceramic. No doubt they will come up with some other marketing ploy to part our cash from our wallets.
All this bezel complication is pure BS, dont believe everything you hear
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:42 PM   #40
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I thought someone was going to run a book with odds on the Basel possibilities. People can then put there money where there mouth is, and a bookie can make some nice easy cash.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:46 PM   #41
topfuel25
Banned

even if a gmt coke was announced would it make a difference with the shortage supply games they are playing ?
topfuel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 01:53 AM   #42
Alex21
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
All this bezel complication is pure BS, dont believe everything you hear
I second that. Besides, Rolex has already dealt with red color on the current GMT pepsi and black color on Submariner.
Alex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 01:59 AM   #43
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyim View Post
Wonder how many BLRO owners will opt for a SS Coke if it is available.
That would be an interesting poll question.
Old 27 February 2018, 02:48 AM   #44
Alex21
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I thought someone was going to run a book with odds on the Basel possibilities. People can then put there money where there mouth is, and a bookie can make some nice easy cash.
We are a community of Rolex affectionados including you, and those like myself who want to see a new GMT coke version on market are using this platform to evaluate the possibilities this could happen. As OP, this thread was really not meant to feed rumors but only to exchange constructive opinions about this topic.
Alex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 02:52 AM   #45
Anestheticsaregood
"TRF" Member

Unlikely
Anestheticsaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 03:47 AM   #46
nick800
"TRF" Member

What % of total product cost do you think the bezel accounts for? Even if it doubled, you think that would make the overall watch uneconomical?

I don't know anything, but I bet that bezel makes up <3% of the total component cost.

Quote:

nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 05:55 AM   #47
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras47 View Post
Not me! Sticking with my 16710.
Yes.....very hard to go past it!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 06:43 AM   #48
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
unlikely but one can always hope!
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 07:13 AM   #49
tomchicago
Banned

Watch: 16710BLRO, 214270.
Bring back the aluminum I say.
tomchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:21 AM   #50
Thizz
"TRF" Member

Thinking about a Coke 16710

I want to pull the trigger on a Coke 16710, but am thinking of holding off until Basel. If the Coke GMT comes out at Basel do you think the Coke 16710 would go up or down in price? The price of a 16710 is so close to a brand New GMT II right now.
Thizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:23 AM   #51
Laglag
"TRF" Member

Zero chance , but wait for a new Sub to replace the Hulk
Laglag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:30 AM   #52
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Zero, because the image used by OP is a bad fake GMT Master.
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:41 AM   #53
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:

Hmm nice points you bring up.

I'm thinking it's time for the RONR, but.....

126719RONR
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:43 AM   #54
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
85-90% chance based on info I’ve collected
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:50 AM   #55
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th_doc View Post
Buy a 16710

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:52 AM   #56
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex21 View Post
quote : "Buy a 16710"

Thought about that option but waiting for Basel first. Also i just got a SS Sub LN on december. Big dilemma for me. I need one sport watch only but GMT is kinda haunting me...
My thought as well. Will await Basel before pulling the trigger on a 16710. Of a Pepsi or Coke get released that will change the game for the 16710
Old 14 March 2018, 09:09 AM   #57
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

It's the real thing, Coke is.
If there IS a new model.
The initial asking price will be interesting, not to mention the waiting lists.
Perhaps I'll just stay with this for a while longer, why wouldn't I?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (191.0 KB, 123 views)
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 09:20 AM   #58
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

The greater likelihood is that pigs will be flying at Basel.
Old 14 March 2018, 09:55 AM   #59
Syed117
"TRF" Member

I doubt it will happen, but if it does, and if they nail the red on that ceramic, it will be pandemonium.

Expect at least 2 years of complaining on the forums about how people can't get them, how they can't get a discount, and how the grey sellers are gouging.
Old 14 March 2018, 09:58 AM   #60
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
Quote:

Every new processes that are complex comes with production problems. But now they probably have experience. Not to say nobody’s know what’s going on in Rolex, it’s a lot of assumptions. On think for sure is black + one color is easier than 2 colors. And Rolex seems commited to the ceramic as a material.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote