The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 June 2023, 08:48 AM   #1
Danilotiago
"TRF" Member

Breitling cockpit b50 screwdriver

Does somebody have the tool to open a cockpit b50 ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E6BF0F05-DA14-4EC3-B2E8-A68405E80547.jpeg (76.3 KB, 77 views)
Danilotiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 12:09 AM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Ah, this is a though one. Never knew they had these types of screws back then got some models.

Unfortunately (but thankfully) you're not the first to encounter this. I did some digging and found some hopefully accurate information from someone else on a different forum that faced this challenge and somehow measured the 5 point screw roughly:

Quote:
As near as I can measure (they're recessed) they're about 1.5mm diameter, with a solid center of about 1.1mm.
He ended up ordering one close to his originally reported outer diameter, but I didn't see any further updates:

Quote:
Quick update, found one that looks about right (5 point, 1.4mm outer diameter) in China. The owner really doesn't want to send it to Breitling so he's decided to leave it with me until it arrives. I'll update again when it gets here whether it fits or not.
Also check with Bergeon or similar companies to see if they've got anything to fit. If not, it might be some trial and error on Amazon with a few 5 point tools matching the specifications above. I'm not sure if anything from an electronic repair kit would match that and not destroy the screw. If all else fails it'll have to be sent to Breitling, I guess.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote