The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 25 March 2020, 12:00 PM   #3781
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I didn't check the link thoroughly but is there anything in the US similar to what they've set up in Ontario Canada with Telehealth? You can call them or get a phone appointment with the family physician here now as a first step it seems.

I completely understand your concerns with going to the ER but are any other testing options or locations offered there?
Old 25 March 2020, 12:02 PM   #3782
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
No it was more like droplets/specks on the tissue. My family already told me to go to an ER but I am hesitant to go rack up a potentially 5 figure bill. And if I don't already have COVID-19 then I could catch it there.

I understand that last part. Is there a drive up testing site in your area?

Hopefully it’s nothing wrong COVID-wise, but if your symptoms don’t abate, and your temperature rises, perhaps get tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 25 March 2020, 12:03 PM   #3783
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
mild pain center of chest. comes and goes. what is sharp versus pressure? I am resting, sitting on a couch drinking herbal tea.

I think I'm breathing fine, maybe heavier than usual but not struggling. I'm 28 with no medical history, which is the concern. I don't usually get much pain.

Sharp would be something like a stabbing pain, pressure would be more of an elephant sitting on your chest.

If you have health insurance and you’re not dying, you can go to an urgent care instead of an emergency room.
Old 25 March 2020, 12:08 PM   #3784
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
Wouldn't wearing a mask help with this? I know experts say masks don't help and may be not from the virus itself but wouldn't it at least help from inhaling aerosolized saliva containing the virus? What I'm talking about is this, like from a sneeze:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...0&resize=640:*
Well it depends on the kind of mask and you better be wearing some kind of eye protection because they are portals of entry.

Old 25 March 2020, 12:23 PM   #3785
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I understand that last part. Is there a drive up testing site in your area?

Hopefully it’s nothing wrong COVID-wise, but if your symptoms don’t abate, and your temperature rises, perhaps get tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Sharp would be something like a stabbing pain, pressure would be more of an elephant sitting on your chest.

If you have health insurance and you’re not dying, you can go to an urgent care instead of an emergency room.
I called the nearest hospital's COVID-19 hotline, who then referred me to a nurse. They determined I don't qualify for testing, given the limited number of tests. If I had certain preexisting conditions then I would have. I assume age is also a factor. They said if I find myself unable to breathe or am in severe distress/pain should go to an ER...
Old 25 March 2020, 12:26 PM   #3786
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Hope you get better - I share your desire to stay out of the ER if symptoms are mild.

Old 25 March 2020, 12:31 PM   #3787
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Hope you get better - I share your desire to stay out of the ER if symptoms are mild.

Thanks Paul. And also Nick and Fleetlord. Hope all members in this thread stay well
Old 25 March 2020, 12:39 PM   #3788
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks Paul. And also Nick and Fleetlord. Hope all members in this thread stay well
You're welcome.

I would say at this point you should consider that you have COVID-19.

Just be alert to your symptoms as you are in the timeline of the infection where things could progress to a more serious stage. Around day 6/7...
Old 25 March 2020, 01:03 PM   #3789
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:

Do you live alone? Consider how you’ll get to the ER if you get worse with chest pain/shortness of breath. Downtown Chicago should be a quick 911 call to get to the ER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 March 2020, 01:06 PM   #3790
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

i heard there is a rumour spreading which is a myth at best :
1) Drinking TEA is a preventive measure of coronavirus. (there is no proof)
2) Coronavirus is vulnerable in hot weather countries (many hot climate countries are affected)
3) only old people are vulnerable to Coronavirus (there are deaths in 20-30 age group).

The most effective way is to wash hands with soap thoroughly before touching face.
Old 25 March 2020, 01:13 PM   #3791
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
Do you live alone? Consider how you’ll get to the ER if you get worse with chest pain/shortness of breath. Downtown Chicago should be a quick 911 call to get to the ER.

Yes, staying here alone for a bit. Thanks for the concern, you're right, if unable to breathe it'd have to be a 911 call. Hoping this turns the corner and gets better. I am keeping my phone in arm's reach at all times, and also while sleeping.
Old 25 March 2020, 01:14 PM   #3792
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
That was also why I asked when I saw this in his post:

All of our experts have been stating up to 2 meters for social distancing.

Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Airborne for close to 8h
Influenza,sneezing .6 meters
Covid 19,not sneezing .2 meters

Corona virus survives on surfaces for days ,also in faeces and urine .
Wash your hands often/hand sanitizer and what is not emphasized in the media enough ,DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE,NOSE,MOUTH AND EYES .

Point of interest ,measles can float around in air for 7 days ,BUT we have a vaccine ,so what .

Based on previous punctuation style I read the post as 6 meters and 2 meters.

But obviously some didn't.

Old 25 March 2020, 01:19 PM   #3793
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Based on previous punctuation style I read the post as 6 meters and 2 meters.

But obviously some didn't.

Eddie - I went back to that post, and previous ones, I believe you’re right.

Thanks.

Old 25 March 2020, 01:28 PM   #3794
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
I’m a MD as well. Current thinking is that COVID is transmitted by droplets but that it can become airborne with aerosolizing procedures (which is true for many viruses) - things like intubations, high flow oxygen. And for that matter maybe even a strong cough at close range. We don’t have enough data to say definitively yet. But for the pursposes or social distancing, if you keep distance and aren’t in the line of fire doing intubations, droplet precautions is still the thinking for safety... but things could change as more data becomes available.
The Stat article stated that "the new coronavirus can survive on surfaces for several hours" yet others have stated up to 72 hours.

Do we now discount the complete article?

Old 25 March 2020, 02:14 PM   #3795
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, staying here alone for a bit. Thanks for the concern, you're right, if unable to breathe it'd have to be a 911 call. Hoping this turns the corner and gets better. I am keeping my phone in arm's reach at all times, and also while sleeping.
My thoughts and prayers are that you get better soon!
Old 25 March 2020, 02:59 PM   #3796
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
My wife's grandson's wife started to feel bad Sat afternoon....she is 27 and works for a HR dept in Cypress TX....Sunday night she had almost 103 fever and coughing up specs of blood....she went to ER and ended up tested positive for corona virus......they checked into Methodist out in Katy TX her oxy sat level is 88 percent and is on oxygen now. Im sure her husband will get it too...he is 31. She is having trouble breathing....
Somebody asked do you know anybody who has it?.....so yes I do. I was amazed how fast it brought a chubby but healthy 27 year old down.
Old 25 March 2020, 08:47 PM   #3797
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
I called the nearest hospital's COVID-19 hotline, who then referred me to a nurse. They determined I don't qualify for testing, given the limited number of tests. If I had certain preexisting conditions then I would have. I assume age is also a factor. They said if I find myself unable to breathe or am in severe distress/pain should go to an ER...
Best wishes. I am externally sorry to hear. Pulling for all of you.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 25 March 2020, 08:50 PM   #3798
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
My wife's grandson's wife started to feel bad Sat afternoon....she is 27 and works for a HR dept in Cypress TX....Sunday night she had almost 103 fever and coughing up specs of blood....she went to ER and ended up tested positive for corona virus......they checked into Methodist out in Katy TX her oxy sat level is 88 percent and is on oxygen now. Im sure her husband will get it too...he is 31. She is having trouble breathing....
Somebody asked do you know anybody who has it?.....so yes I do. I was amazed how fast it brought a chubby but healthy 27 year old down.
Damn, wow. It is very scary. Wish them well. I was just reading an article where it read the COVID 19 is showing up 17 days later on surfaces on the Diamond Princess.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 25 March 2020, 09:08 PM   #3799
statsman
"TRF" Member

Yes, if there was one concrete takeaway from this- never cruise on The Diamond Princess (or whatever they inevitably change its name to).
Old 25 March 2020, 09:20 PM   #3800
statsman
"TRF" Member

So, most of the developed economies are practicing social distancing, hobbling their economies. It is time to start thinking- what if it doesn’t work? What if the curve doesn’t flatten?

(History, not politics) in the US Great Depression, FDR was elected in 1932 to pull the country out of it. His weapon of choice was a command economy. It didn’t work. So, he tried more command economy, and even more. It never worked. This is why a global depression was a Great Depression in the US. Sometimes, the tools the experts all agree on using don’t work, and you have to figure out what will.

The WSJ had an article noting that Chines say social distancing in wuhan was not the key to halting it, that there were still too many infra-family infections. They say the key was the building of dormitories with enforced quarantine for all positive tests, even those with no symptoms or mild symptoms. The Koreans (with more carrot and less stick) did similar.

Just a thought as we obsess on the curve. And, of course, without adequate and timely testing, there are no plans that can be executed.
Old 25 March 2020, 09:57 PM   #3801
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Looks like we won't see new Patek models thiis year due to COVID-19. Should we expect the same from Rolex?

Patek Philippe postpones introduction of 2020 watches

In a note circulated by a regional office this afternoon, it says that Patek Philippe Geneva has informed them that, due to the deteriorating global Covid-19 situation, we will not launch the new models in April this year as initially planned.

Patek Philippe has always held back its launches until the opening day of Baselworld, which would have been on April 30.

In the absence of that trade fair, it was expected the 2020 watches would be launched on the same day at smaller regional events. That will not now be happening for either retail partners or press.

There are no additional details, other than that people will be informed if there are any future updates.

https://www.watchpro.com/patek-phili...-2020-watches/
Old 25 March 2020, 10:09 PM   #3802
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
There is so much information about that my head is spinning!

I’m not sure what or who to believe anymore, I’m being careful and if that’s not enough then do be it.

My city (Cardiff) is very quiet now but almost everyone out has a mask (even though the don’t work, or maybe they do, or possibly don’t!) It was just the Asian population but now almost everyone.

It’s actually getting more anxiety provoking to venture out, not due to the virus but the people.

Strange times.

Old 25 March 2020, 10:09 PM   #3803
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by statsman View Post
Yes, if there was one concrete takeaway from this- never cruise on The Diamond Princess (or whatever they inevitably change its name to).
How about the Diamond Corona?
Old 25 March 2020, 10:10 PM   #3804
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Just a thought as we obsess on the curve. And, of course, without adequate and timely testing, there are no plans that can be executed.
Understand your points but...

I think that concern is different that obsession.

And lack of perfect plan does not mean you don't eventually have to pick one and go with it.

And shut downs are one such plan in my opinion.

Stay safe.
Old 25 March 2020, 10:13 PM   #3805
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
How about The Queen Mary (as in Typhoid Mary).
Old 25 March 2020, 10:19 PM   #3806
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
No it was more like droplets/specks on the tissue. My family already told me to go to an ER but I am hesitant to go rack up a potentially 5 figure bill. And if I don't already have COVID-19 then I could catch it there.
Bro, droplets/specs of blood coughed up on a tissue is not good or usual for a cold or flu. You should get on medication (whatever they use) sooner than later IMHO.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 25 March 2020, 10:22 PM   #3807
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Damn, wow. It is very scary. Wish them well. I was just reading an article where it read the COVID 19 is showing up 17 days later on surfaces on the Diamond Princess.
An ABC reporter stated the same thing this morning and I was wondering if what I heard was correct.
Old 25 March 2020, 10:24 PM   #3808
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So, most of the developed economies are practicing social distancing, hobbling their economies. It is time to start thinking- what if it doesn’t work? What if the curve doesn’t flatten?

(History, not politics) in the US Great Depression, FDR was elected in 1932 to pull the country out of it. His weapon of choice was a command economy. It didn’t work. So, he tried more command economy, and even more. It never worked. This is why a global depression was a Great Depression in the US. Sometimes, the tools the experts all agree on using don’t work, and you have to figure out what will.

The WSJ had an article noting that Chines say social distancing in wuhan was not the key to halting it, that there were still too many infra-family infections. They say the key was the building of dormitories with enforced quarantine for all positive tests, even those with no symptoms or mild symptoms. The Koreans (with more carrot and less stick) did similar.

I don’t think the Chinese methods would be very palatable in the west.

We are struggling to get complete compliance with soft requests...I’m not sure how our society would take forced quarantine that included allegations of welding apartment doors shut for 2weeks...if you make it great, if not oh well..
Old 25 March 2020, 10:32 PM   #3809
statsman
"TRF" Member

The ROK had great success with a carrot (take care of quarantined positives) and stick (four figure fines for breaking quarantine) approach.

Frankly, the (South) Koreans are the gold standard for dealing with an outbreak.
Old 25 March 2020, 10:33 PM   #3810
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgodiving View Post
An ABC reporter stated the same thing this morning and I was wondering if what I heard was correct.
Same here, I'd like to see more on this. Very important fact if true
Closed Thread