The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 June 2023, 03:24 AM   #31
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Is this a new watch? Not sure where the comments about the card being filled out came from.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 03:59 AM   #32
MONTANTK
"TRF" Member

Don’t sweat it. I bought an OP36 a couple of years ago and they had to send the warranty card a few days later because apparently Rolex sent them the wrong one. I’m sure they had the right one but they just didn’t want me flipping because it was a discontinued model
MONTANTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 05:25 AM   #33
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Could be that someone purchased the watch or it was given as a gift and returned to store for a refund/exchange. The AD might be waiting for a new clean warranty card…regardless, you have it now so if there’s nothing wrong with the condition then enjoy the watch & congrats on the pick up!
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 11:55 AM   #34
thenewguy2023
"TRF" Member

My AD was transparent with me about their policy of withholding the warranty card for a month. They admitted they do so to deter flipping. I received it promptly at the end of that period. It was my first purchase with them (and first Rolex) so not sure if their policy applies to repeat customers. Hopefully I will find out one day :)
thenewguy2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 01:54 AM   #35
kozzmo
"TRF" Member

Went to the AD today, picked up papers...they said it's a new watch and they put together the warrantee after purchase at their corporate office...Interestingly she explained how they get the watches and how they put together the boxes and papers separately after being allocated individual watches by Rolex.
kozzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 03:10 AM   #36
hanw
"TRF" Member

Welcome, I’m sure they would eventually get the card to you.
hanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 03:11 AM   #37
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Eeesh. Seems ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 06:09 AM   #38
Dukes_06
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715
My guess is that they can't find the warranty, but they source it. One time they gave me the wrong warranty card! I realized until two years later that I was thinking of servicing the watch.
Dukes_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 06:22 AM   #39
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo View Post
she explained how they get the watches and how they put together the boxes and papers separately after being allocated individual watches by Rolex.
Unless things have changed, this is the part that smells a little like bullshit.

With the exception of exhibition models, shipped without warranty card, my understanding is that watch and card always come together in the shipping package, while presentation boxes and document holders ship separately.

Seems odd that an AD would separate the two at its own HQ… was also under the impression that watches were always shipped from RUSA to final point of sale. Again, doesn’t apply to the green boxes or generic pamphlets.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 07:05 AM   #40
Stromness
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy2023 View Post
My AD was transparent with me about their policy of withholding the warranty card for a month. They admitted they do so to deter flipping. I received it promptly at the end of that period. It was my first purchase with them (and first Rolex) so not sure if their policy applies to repeat customers. Hopefully I will find out one day :)
My AD also does this, apparently. I guess I'll find out when I take final delivery in a week or so.

It seems a bit odd to me from a buyer standpoint -- ya pays your money and insofar as the warranty card is part of the watch package, it ought to be included at the time of purchase -- but I get why they do it.

Def isn't the case with other brands they carry, including Omega, IWC, Breitling, etc.
Stromness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 07:18 AM   #41
Laostuh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Before the madness started we all used to buy watches that were on display, unless they had just arrived or were some form of special order.

People seem to forget this lol.
Laostuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 08:57 AM   #42
kozzmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Unless things have changed, this is the part that smells a little like bullshit.

With the exception of exhibition models, shipped without warranty card, my understanding is that watch and card always come together in the shipping package, while presentation boxes and document holders ship separately.

Seems odd that an AD would separate the two at its own HQ… was also under the impression that watches were always shipped from RUSA to final point of sale. Again, doesn’t apply to the green boxes or generic pamphlets.
What they showed me is the watches get shipped from Rolex in a plastic case to the retailer and then they put everything together afterwards...
kozzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 11:15 PM   #43
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
What they showed me is the watches get shipped from Rolex in a plastic case to the retailer and then they put everything together afterwards...
That's correct, except the plastic case contains the warranty card and hangtag (both of which are specific to the watch). There's a slot at the bottom of the case for the card, and the hangtag is visible from one side (probably to identify watches that are stacked atop one another at Rolex distribution facility).

The pamphlets, cardholder, green box, and cardboard outer box all come separately and are put together at the dealer. At least that's been my experience.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 11:58 PM   #44
Me4u2night
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
It's more about wether or not I bought the display without them telling me...either way I'd buy it; display or not, would just like to have been informed...I will ask them when I go get the card in a few days...
Welcome to the forum.

You bought the display piece.
Me4u2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 01:18 AM   #45
mulberry083
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
In the past some AD's would hold warranty cards for as much as a month to ensure that they could sell any returns with a clean card. I have not seen this practice in a while but you never know.

My AD does the one month hold, after which you can pick up or they would mail to you. They said they prefer to do them in batch at the end of the month. I suspect it may also be to put a brake on flipping. I had this done for two Rolexes, no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mulberry083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 07:10 AM   #46
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Quote:
Recently bought a new Explorer from an AD after being on the waitlist....When I went in for my appointment they had the box and Rolex but no warrantee, they said they had to retrieve it and said it would take a week....is this normal? Did I buy the display watch...because I noticed there wasn't one in the case when I went in to pick it up...

thanks
David
Not an issue. It sometimes happens. When I got my Tudor LHD I had to wait a week for the AD to get the warranty card.
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 07:29 AM   #47
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
OP which AD in Chicago? I assume it's one of the C.D Peacock?
jinikari01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 11:56 AM   #48
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I would not worry! My AD did not have a warranty card for a watch I purchased, and as promised he sent it within a week. All good... I am sure you will be as well
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 12:15 PM   #49
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
There are many possible reasons for why they did not have the card ready. I would recommend clarifying with the dealer if it is something that concerns you. I don't think this necessarily implies it was a display model but, if it was, I agree it should be disclosed.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote