The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 July 2015, 04:12 AM   #211
beer
"TRF" Member

Watch: all
Rolex 3200 because it takes $3200 to acquire
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2015, 07:52 AM   #212
Equus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
I have ordered the Horofix pliers from Esslinger. Sadly they are out of stock, although they had one in stock that I bought, payed with credit card and got a confirmation email too.

A couple of hours later Esslinger emailed me and said that they haven't got any, and that I have to wait for three weeks for them to resupply. I have a Toshi shell cordovan strap I would like to try on, that would have to wait now.
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2015, 10:02 AM   #213
Wingman244
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR/Jubilee
Just get the Bergeon 7825 from Ofrei. Yeah it costs a lot but it works like a charm on my E2 216570. It is the right tool for the job and seems/looks to be a copy of the infamous 3200 tool. I change my bracelet/straps in 30 secs.
Wingman244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2015, 05:45 PM   #214
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I have ordered the Horofix pliers from Esslinger. Sadly they are out of stock, although they had one in stock that I bought, payed with credit card and got a confirmation email too.

A couple of hours later Esslinger emailed me and said that they haven't got any, and that I have to wait for three weeks for them to resupply. I have a Toshi shell cordovan strap I would like to try on, that would have to wait now.
I hope they're still selling it at the $89 price. It works really well.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2015, 03:50 PM   #215
cosmoliu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, ALS
I found these at Otto Frei. Obviously, the price intrigued me, being 1/2 the price of the Horofix, and 1/4 the price of the Bergeon. The URL for the page is

http://www.ofrei.com/page252.html#19566

They do require taking off a little width at the tips, but it took less than 5 minutes of dragging the tips across a piece of "Fine" emery cloth. Once they fit into the channel for the spring bar in the end link, they work like a charm. With a little practice, it takes literally seconds to remove or install the bracelet. The key is to hold the end link steady against the work surface with enough downward pressure to compress the spring bar, and move the watch head away from or to meet the end link, just like in the video in the OP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tweezers2.jpg (43.3 KB, 1062 views)
cosmoliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2015, 07:13 PM   #216
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoliu View Post
I found these at Otto Frei. Obviously, the price intrigued me, being 1/2 the price of the Horofix, and 1/4 the price of the Bergeon. The URL for the page is

http://www.ofrei.com/page252.html#19566

They do require taking off a little width at the tips, but it took less than 5 minutes of dragging the tips across a piece of "Fine" emery cloth. Once they fit into the channel for the spring bar in the end link, they work like a charm. With a little practice, it takes literally seconds to remove or install the bracelet. The key is to hold the end link steady against the work surface with enough downward pressure to compress the spring bar, and move the watch head away from or to meet the end link, just like in the video in the OP.
I bought those and they didn't work on my Rolex, can't remember if they were too big or too little, plus you would need to unscrew the bracelet at the clasp to even be able to use them. I ended getting the Regine tweezers, can't remember exactly but they may have cost $150 or something but they do work better than anything else I've tried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5969.jpg (61.8 KB, 1057 views)
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2015, 11:52 PM   #217
cosmoliu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I bought those and they didn't work on my Rolex, can't remember if they were too big or too little, plus you would need to unscrew the bracelet at the clasp to even be able to use them. I ended getting the Regine tweezers, can't remember exactly but they may have cost $150 or something but they do work better than anything else I've tried.
The Horotecs can be used with the bracelet still on, by positioning the narrowest part of the clasp over the end link. However, I find that the time taken to separate the clasp parts is well worth it, as that allows for the watch head to be fully mobilized while holding the end link steady. I don't dispute that any of the more expensive solutions might work better; I don't own any of those. I can say that it works adequately for my needs and, once trimmed down to size, engages the spring bar solidly.
cosmoliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2015, 01:15 PM   #218
Elan
"TRF" Member

Has anyone used any of these on a Milgauss?
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2015, 04:29 PM   #219
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Has anyone used any of these on a Milgauss?

There's nothing special about the Milgauss bracelet; it'll work. Just order the fine tipped tool.

Old 26 September 2015, 04:44 PM   #220
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

These look like they'd do the trick as well...

http://www.esslinger.com/horofix-wat...ers-band-tool/

Old 21 December 2015, 05:29 AM   #221
burgerkong
"TRF" Member

Well I wanted to see if I could make one, voila here's my 'Folex Ref. 3200' :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG4340.jpg (85.9 KB, 909 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG4341.jpg (52.2 KB, 907 views)
burgerkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2015, 07:04 AM   #222
Rolexbiker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Watch...08.8.48.KJpQlu

But these can be found in the US
Rolexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2016, 04:20 AM   #223
WannaGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 & 114060
Do these work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerkong View Post
Well I wanted to see if I could make one, voila here's my 'Folex Ref. 3200' :
WannaGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2016, 09:38 PM   #224
nakedtoes
"TRF" Member

I got a 1 dollar tweezer and file the tips and do abit of bending and it works like Charm for rolex watches but not on other brands like omega and patek.
nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2016, 11:32 PM   #225
Cabernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Horofix $89, great!

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....&postcount=889
Cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2016, 11:26 AM   #226
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrede View Post
...And it works!!!!!
Got mine today, and it fits perfectly for my 116600 :-)

http://www.watch-tool.de/html/bracel....php?id=0090dv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA5AR View Post
This works the same way?

Quick Question for any of you that have experience with one or both of these tools...

I am relatively proficient using a standard spring bar tool to change straps. In fact I would even argue that I'm very proficient. That said, am getting to the point that I would like the convenience the tweezer types offer.

1st question is: I have an SD4K, a SubC and a Tudor BB...is the Regine (1st set of pics shown) Tweezer "S" as pictured the right size for all of these? I ask, as in the website it also has a larger size available, but am assuming that the link for he size "S" was given on thread purposely!

2nd: I can pick up the adjustable Horofix for about $90 US shipped, but my understanding is that they are actually slightly more clumsy to use. Anyone have any thoughts?
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 04:04 AM   #227
modee
Banned

Watch: Rolex 228206
Is the Bergeon 6825 better for the Rolex bracelets or the Horoflix springbar pliers?

http://www.esslinger.com/horofix-wat...ers-band-tool/
Horoflix comes with 1.0 and 1.4mm tips

http://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-682...tch-band-tool/
Bergeon with either 1.10 x 0.23 or 1.30 x 0.33 mm tips.

For that matter, has anyone used the one from AliExpress?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Watch...08.8.48.KJpQlu
Aliexpress seems to come with both 1.10 x 0.23 and 1.30 x 0.33 mm tips.

What about the Regine?
http://www.watch-tool.de/html/bracel....php?id=0090dv
Appears to have 1.20 mm tips.

Are these all the same or does one work better than the other for Rolexes? Writings above depict the need to file the tips anyway, or will the fine tipped ones work without modification?

I already have the Bergeon 6767 spring bar tool but it's a little scary to use one slip and could scratch.
modee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2016, 04:44 AM   #228
mui.richard
"TRF" Member

I use the Bergeon 7825, a breeze to use and never an issue. It's essentially the same as the one issued by Rolex to their ADs.

a watch is meant to be worn
mui.richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2016, 06:18 AM   #229
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
1st question is: I have an SD4K, a SubC and a Tudor BB...is the Regine (1st set of pics shown) Tweezer "S" as pictured the right size for all of these? I ask, as in the website it also has a larger size available, but am assuming that the link for he size "S" was given on thread purposely!?
Have the same question myself, wonder is small is the one being recommended here
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2016, 09:55 AM   #230
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Have the same question myself, wonder is small is the one being recommended here
After having asked this question, and not seeing a response from anyone, I did some additional research. It is my understanding that it is in fact the "S" small sized that works on Rolex Oyster bracelets.

That said, I did not purchase that product, as I ultimately bit the bullet and purchased the Bergeon 7825. Although not cheap, it sure does do the job easily and efficiently!
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 08:24 AM   #231
VSOP333
"TRF" Member

Watch: not yet
Long time listener, first time caller. Alot of people still read this thread since it began in 2012. As mentioned before, all of the website links have made the retailers opportunistic to an extent. There is profit and then there is gouging which is when the price of something doubles based on a big boost in demand or interest. It's too bad when aliexpress type versions of these tools become a viable option. I used a Bergeon 7825 at a jeweler I know and it worked well. Replacement tips are $129 set though. A friend paid full price for the Regine 220015 in Small and they are great. I'm leaning towards the Regine b/c I've never broken a tip on one-piece tweezers but if I did it would be cheaper to repair it or replace it than what Bergeon tips alone cost. Thank you to everyone who has gone over the options so thoroughly.
VSOP333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 09:22 AM   #232
Elan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSOP333 View Post
Long time listener, first time caller. Alot of people still read this thread since it began in 2012. As mentioned before, all of the website links have made the retailers opportunistic to an extent. There is profit and then there is gouging which is when the price of something doubles based on a big boost in demand or interest. It's too bad when aliexpress type versions of these tools become a viable option. I used a Bergeon 7825 at a jeweler I know and it worked well. Replacement tips are $129 set though. A friend paid full price for the Regine 220015 in Small and they are great. I'm leaning towards the Regine b/c I've never broken a tip on one-piece tweezers but if I did it would be cheaper to repair it or replace it than what Bergeon tips alone cost. Thank you to everyone who has gone over the options so thoroughly.

I got the Bergeon hoping it would make things simple. Not really for me at least. Don't think it's worth the price. (I paid $90.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 10:46 AM   #233
VSOP333
"TRF" Member

Watch: not yet
It's likely worthwhile at $90 which is what they were before the gouging.
VSOP333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 01:03 PM   #234
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

It comes down to your tolerance for scratches and botched reinstalls (and the accompanying cuss words when that happens). Get the correct tool for the job and it will cost less in the long run.