The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 October 2020, 01:51 AM   #31
ibz_s_b
"TRF" Member

Hmm...not sure but perhaps it was a different time in 2017 when I was last in Rolex Dubai Mall. I saw a Chinese family buying at least 15 Rolex models. I kid you not the sight of those boxes being stacked up was unprecedented!
ibz_s_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 02:45 AM   #32
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doric View Post
I imagine the salesman came up with this one in an attempt to persuade you to buy the two Datejusts that you require for your parents 60th birthday's, without bundling them with the Sub you want!
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 02:49 AM   #33
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

Money talks. If they won't accommodate you I bet another dealer will. I'd show up ready to pay and see if their tune changes.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 03:47 AM   #34
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Bs.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41 White/Romans
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 04:57 AM   #35
bmb15
Banned

Rolex Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree and must admit there is a lot of these types of BS posts lately on forum,but its what the newer members like to read the more BS the better. Once TRF was a forum to discuss topics about the watches and history of the Rolex brand but now its what's it worth, hot this and that, my AD said this or that etc.

Fully agree, despite the fact that I'm a new member. The Forum contains many many threads that are not interesting for me, e.g. how to remove stickers, how important and valuable are hang tags, new arrivals, gift from my AD, ..... Hope that changes at some time. Maybe experienced members, like you padi56 and others, can post some more interesting things!? I recently saw and participated in an interesting thread about 1665 DRSD w/o HEV, just one positive example.
See: "Does 1665 MKI Without HEV Exist?"
bmb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 03:35 AM   #36
Cousteau390
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126000 Silver dial
Deleted
Cousteau390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 03:43 AM   #37
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Shop policy only, but if you want to buy three other models than surely they forget about their policy
This 1000%
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 03:43 AM   #38
rolexest
Banned

Watch: ya gunna do
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree and must admit there is a lot of these types of BS posts lately on forum,but its what the newer members like to read the more BS the better. Once TRF was a forum to discuss topics about the watches and history of the Rolex brand but now its what's it worth, hot this and that, my AD said this or that etc.
I wish I was around during this time. I have to admit, seeing these repeat posts that you mentioned above is getting exhausting
rolexest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 04:10 AM   #39
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 04:12 AM   #40
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexest View Post
I wish I was around during this time. I have to admit, seeing these repeat posts that you mentioned above is getting exhausting
I've said this before in another thread; go to the main Rolex forum, click on the "first page" arrow and make your way backwards through the threads. It's amazing what you can find over there.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 04:29 AM   #41
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Wanting to buy three watches in one go?

The AD is 'subtly' telling you that you won't be buying watches from him to flip. He views you as a flipper. Even if you are not, asking for several watches at once gives AD's the 'flipper' impression. Just a way of AD life today.

Change the way you ask for a watch (one only, not several) and 'perhaps' you will have better luck. It is a tough world today trying to get certain models, so you have to try to adapt to it all in hopes of a good outcome.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 04:29 AM   #42
imsayingthough
"TRF" Member

Haven't heard of this, im 2 in this calendar year, hopefully I get a call for #3.
imsayingthough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 07:29 AM   #43
bmb15
Banned

Rolex Policy

This one to be STOPPED a.s.a.p.
bmb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 07:34 AM   #44
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve heard Patek has similar policies with nautilus allocations. But who really knows!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 October 2020, 07:36 AM   #45
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMcG89 View Post
Hi All,

After speaking to an AD I’m after buying three watches in one go, I have been told it’s Rolex policy that you can only buy two in a monthly period, has anyone else heard this?

Rolex has no such policy. Some ADs treat their customers like grown ups, some hide behind false claims that they are Rolex employees.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 07:37 AM   #46
drrd
"TRF" Member

Yes of course Rolex don't want you to buy too many of their watches.

ha ha ha
drrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 07:38 AM   #47
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
Wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve heard Patek has similar policies with nautilus allocations. But who really knows!?!

Well at 200 Nautiluses per year production that policy is pretty much a farce since there's no way anyone is getting 3 nautilus in a month or even yr.
Tavli3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 07:39 AM   #48
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
Well at 200 Nautiluses per year production that policy is pretty much a farce since there's no way anyone is getting 3 nautilus in a month or even yr.

Yeah not by month. But I was told 1 per customer per model per year.

Old 30 October 2020, 10:12 AM   #49
Son Goku
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Source for this 200/year Nautilus production claim?
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 10:23 AM   #50
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

nope bs
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 10:33 AM   #51
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Two and half years ago while on vacation in Saint Martin I was walking by a watch store that was a Patek dealer so I naively decided to go in and ask if they had a Nautilus and to my surprise the person said yes!

So he walks me to the back of the store and pointed into one of the showcases and said there’s your Nautilus. And I kept saying where cause all I was seeing was a cardboard cutout of a Nautilus. When I finally realized the joke was on me we both had a good laugh.

Turned out he was the owner and a super nice guy and we had a great conversation about wine and watches and his newest grandchild whose fingerprints were on a glass counter that he refused to have cleaned.

Anyway he tells me that it’s been a tradition in his family that on the 21st birthday of every child in the entire family that they get a Nautilus. It was one of his daughters 21st birthday and he only had one Nautilus. So he said he called headquarters to obtain another Nautilus so as to not lose the margin on the one Nautilus he had. After getting nowhere he got in contact with Thierry and explained the situation and that it would be unfair that he would not be able to carry on the family tradition. Apparently his family has been a Patek dealer for many many years and he then shows me a letter from Patek signed by Thierry Stern stating that Patek has a strict production of 200 Nautilus per year but this year there will be 201 and the 201st would be for his daughter her name I don’t recall.

I thought that was pretty amazing story.

Tavli3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 11:57 AM   #52
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
I've said this before in another thread; go to the main Rolex forum, click on the "first page" arrow and make your way backwards through the threads. It's amazing what you can find over there.
So so true. I look back at threads like this and can’t help but smile...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=203
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 12:01 PM   #53
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I was told it’s one Watch per month. They held true so far. The manager will not allow the release of the watch to the SA to sell. The look at every transaction and approve it or deny it

007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 12:01 PM   #54
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Two and half years ago while on vacation in Saint Martin I was walking by a watch store that was a Patek dealer so I naively decided to go in and ask if they had a Nautilus and to my surprise the person said yes!

So he walks me to the back of the store and pointed into one of the showcases and said there’s your Nautilus. And I kept saying where cause all I was seeing was a cardboard cutout of a Nautilus. When I finally realized the joke was on me we both had a good laugh.

Turned out he was the owner and a super nice guy and we had a great conversation about wine and watches and his newest grandchild whose fingerprints were on a glass counter that he refused to have cleaned.

Anyway he tells me that it’s been a tradition in his family that on the 21st birthday of every child in the entire family that they get a Nautilus. It was one of his daughters 21st birthday and he only had one Nautilus. So he said he called headquarters to obtain another Nautilus so as to not lose the margin on the one Nautilus he had. After getting nowhere he got in contact with Thierry and explained the situation and that it would be unfair that he would not be able to carry on the family tradition. Apparently his family has been a Patek dealer for many many years and he then shows me a letter from Patek signed by Thierry Stern stating that Patek has a strict production of 200 Nautilus per year but this year there will be 201 and the 201st would be for his daughter her name I don’t recall.

I thought that was pretty amazing story.

That’s an awesome story.

007timer is offline   Reply With Quote