The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 October 2020, 11:11 AM   #1
nr1416
"TRF" Member

New Snoopy opening my eyes to Omega

Since Omega released the new Snoopy and I'm on the list to receive one from my OB. I have to admit the buying experience so far with Omega has been a pure pleasure in comparison to getting on Rolexs so called "lists".

I'm not new to Omega, I've owned a Seamaster before and have a Speedy Mark II.

But ever since I put down my deposit, I've been going down the Omega rabbit hole and discovering the whole Speedy Seamaster range. Hats off to Omega for making a watch like the new Snoopy to open people's eyes to what great watches they have in their lineup.

Anyone else rediscovering Omega because of this Snoopy.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 11:28 AM   #2
"TRF" Member

New to Omega too. Very happy. Bought @ 2 recently. On the prowl for #3!
Bought a gold Constellation (beautiful), and had to go back and get that blue Aqua Terra on the rubber strap. I’m all in for Omega now.
And, waiting to see that snoopy too!
2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 03:03 PM   #3
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Yep! I’ve had a SMP since 2009, but heard about the Snoopy 45 a few years ago. That’s when I went down the moonwatch rabbit hole, and had been waiting for the Snoopy 50 to drop for at least a year now.

I was debating between the standard Moonwatch sapphire sandwich and waiting for the Snoopy 50 that entire time. Was diligent enough to wait, and really glad I did. Part of me also wanted to wait for the 3861 movement to make its way into the standard moonwatch, but I’ll also admit that I wasn’t in a huge rush to pull the trigger.

I ultimately may get a standard moonwatch after the snoopy 50 arrives. Id use the standard moonwatch watch as a more daily beater, but I’ll also wait till the 3861 movement gets into it. No rush... and also have a bit of a collection that I want to make sure it’s gonna have sufficient wrist time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 05:23 PM   #4
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Ultimately, my eyes were opened to omega a couple of years ago. Buying experience is great, you can actually get one (And you should get a snoopy if you do) and the quality for me is right up there. I don’t own a Rolex now, and likely won’t for some time.

The snoopy is not for me - but I’m waiting for the 321 to go with my Apollo 11.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 07:55 PM   #5
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I’m more partial to earlier models when it comes to watches lately, but I do have the new snoopy on reserve for me otherwise it would have been a much earlier Speedy.
Old 26 October 2020, 08:16 PM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Omega has always been around for me and I have moved into and out of various models over the years. I started with Rolex and will finish with them but Omega makes a compelling choice based on quality, style, wear and price.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 11:58 PM   #7
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I feel the same way. There is an element of Rolex fatigue as well that is contributing to my new interest in Omega as well.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:10 AM   #8
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
I feel the same way. There is an element of Rolex fatigue as well that is contributing to my new interest in Omega as well.
Absolutely and after a the last few years of Rolex madness, most enthusiast recognize collections need diversity. Love my Omegas.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:12 AM   #9
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
"Rolex Fatigue" indeed. I was lifelong Rolex until recently. I'm tired of the AD drama and all the games, it's frustrating and takes too much energy. I am old enough to remember being able to walk into an AD and being able to get or order whatever you wanted as long as it wasn't a Daytona. It was about the watch and not a means to make money.

Couple of weeks ago, I went into my AD to inquire/beg/kissass for my Christmas orders and saw the the white dial/black bezel SMP. Tried it on and fell in love with it. The only thing about it that didn't blow me away me is the bracelet, which is fine but not a 10.

I'm convinced the Rolex market isn't sustainable at these levels so I've been selling my collection. I'm done with the Rolex drama either way.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 01:21 AM   #10
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I only started buying Omega a year or so ago as well...they serve a nice niche
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 01:24 AM   #11
infinitywatches
Banned

Watch: Rolex 228238
I can totally relate to the "Rolex fatigue" too.
The wait list experience is really getting annoying and exhausting.
I don't own an omega but won't mind starting with this Snoopy.
infinitywatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 03:31 AM   #12
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Absolutely and after a the last few years of Rolex madness, most enthusiast recognize collections need diversity. Love my Omegas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
"Rolex Fatigue" indeed. I was lifelong Rolex until recently. I'm tired of the AD drama and all the games, it's frustrating and takes too much energy. I am old enough to remember being able to walk into an AD and being able to get or order whatever you wanted as long as it wasn't a Daytona. It was about the watch and not a means to make money.

Couple of weeks ago, I went into my AD to inquire/beg/kissass for my Christmas orders and saw the the white dial/black bezel SMP. Tried it on and fell in love with it. The only thing about it that didn't blow me away me is the bracelet, which is fine but not a 10.

I'm convinced the Rolex market isn't sustainable at these levels so I've been selling my collection. I'm done with the Rolex drama either way.
Yes. I am a believer in buy what you like and I’ve always liked diversity. This Snoopy will be my second omega and has got me looking into watches I hadn’t really considered before. Looking forward to going back to the Omega Boutique or my AD, sipping some coffee while trying on watches and talking about them. No games, no nonsense. Rolex makes a great product and I feel fortunate to own several but content enough that I don’t need any more.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 03:39 AM   #13
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
Omega is so much more pleasurable right now than Rolex. There's no pretension. You don't need to be on a list for most watches, the community encourages you to play around with straps/looks without being aghast that you're making a frankenwatch...

There's a local Rolex/Tudor AD where I have a good relationship, but I'll no longer stop into a Rolex AD while traveling. What's the point? To get laughed at? To be the 500th person that day who asks to see a BLRO? I'll be sticking with Omega for future sport watches, and I'm looking at Bvlgari/Glashutte for my next bigger/dressier purchase.
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 06:01 AM   #14
CEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
Since Omega released the new Snoopy and I'm on the list to receive one from my OB. I have to admit the buying experience so far with Omega has been a pure pleasure in comparison to getting on Rolexs so called "lists".

I'm not new to Omega, I've owned a Seamaster before and have a Speedy Mark II.

But ever since I put down my deposit, I've been going down the Omega rabbit hole and discovering the whole Speedy Seamaster range. Hats off to Omega for making a watch like the new Snoopy to open people's eyes to what great watches they have in their lineup.

Anyone else rediscovering Omega because of this Snoopy.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
X2.

CEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:12 AM   #15
Taylorgold
Banned

Rolex Fatigue is actually helping, it’s creating room for us to discover more about other watches like Omega and I appreciate that.
Taylorgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 11:28 PM   #16
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Omega has always been around for me and I have moved into and out of various models over the years. I started with Rolex and will finish with them but Omega makes a compelling choice based on quality, style, wear and price.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgold View Post
Rolex Fatigue is actually helping, it’s creating room for us to discover more about other watches like Omega and I appreciate that.
couldn't agree more !!!
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2020, 07:07 PM   #17
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgold View Post
Same here 👌🏻
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2020, 07:45 PM   #18
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post

the rolex watches still going up in value in grey market as we speak
maruchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2020, 07:48 PM   #19
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

you guys know how crazy is it in HK? a guy that earn USD2,000 could be spotted wearing a white gold daytona, just the other day a dude who got a thief broke into his home and stole his white gold daytona, and his job is a dishwasher

I am not disrespecting anyone's job, but I do think that if you earn salary on a low range, your hard earn money is better spent elsewhere than a luxury watch IMO.
maruchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote