The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2020, 02:24 AM   #1
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

AP Archive Extract v. CoA

I know the archive extract will confirm movement and case originating with AP and point of sale date. I also understand that a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) from AP includes more detail (for a higher fee) versus the archive extract.

Might someone know whether the CoA would speak to detailed service history, including, specifically, whether a particular model had been refinished?

Thanks in advance.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 02:54 AM   #2
GS93108
"TRF" Member

In case you don't get a reply, then try AP themselves, either call your local AP House, or indeed any AP House, or email AP directly, that way you'll know for sure.

This is the main enquiries email address, they will answer, but it may take a couple of days:

info.europe@audemarspiguet.com

Hopefully someone on here has first hand experience though and will provide an answer.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 06:53 AM   #3
drhk
"TRF" Member

The extract from the archives cannot confirm the authenticity of any watch. It will only confirm that an AP of the reference and having the serial number and case number shown on the photos you send to them was actually made by AP and sold at a particular date.

The certificate of authenticity is issued only on the basis of a physical inspection of your watch at AP´s premises. I.e. only then they certify that your watch is a 100% genuine AP watch.

So the difference is not in the level of details. Just in case somebody did not know that.
drhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 07:10 AM   #4
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Would the extracts serve as a poor mans CoA if it was requested during servicing of the watch?

AP would have the actual watch and it would be opened and serviced. They would never service a counterfeit watch. And then if they issue the extract from archives during the service wouldn’t that prove that it was an authentic watch?

I have seen many APs for sale with no papers but having had a recent service with extract from archives on the same service receipt.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 07:31 AM   #5
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Thanks. I just emailed APSC Clearwater and they confirmed that my watch had not been refinished previously. Full disclosure, I had the watch serviced earlier this year. Had just forgot to ask them at time of service.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 09:36 AM   #6
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
The certificate of authenticity requires AP to fully dismantle the watch and inspect every piece is genuine, that is why it costs so much more than the extract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 10:28 AM   #7
yehiashawki
"TRF" Member

is there anyway to retrieve the warranty number?
yehiashawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 12:20 AM   #8
RiRi
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 36 Mint
When I went to the AP boutique in Zurich, I was advised that a revision is actually more useful than a CoA, since they will not only inspect every part but also service it ... And if a part was not original, they would find out anyway.

Did that for my ROO Triple calendar, difference in price was 50 CHF
RiRi is offline   Reply With Quote