The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 September 2012, 05:11 AM   #1
A.D. Merrill
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16333
Omega identification/age/value question

I had posted yesterday about my seamaster deville (and noted I was having problems uploading my great grandfathers watch). I've been having problems with photobucket, but i was just able to upload. All I know about this watch is it was my great grandfathers "dress" watch. Looks to be gold. The straps are strange (he wore them backwards and I'm sure they aren't original). I'm not selling this, but I'm curious what the model is (there are small specs on the face, that look like they are part of the design). Any idea on age? I would be curious what the value is, but will never sell (family heirloom). Would like to get any info back to my mom. So, here ya go :) Thanks in advance,

(also, i would really like to replace the band. i don't know what the size would be, but if you have any suggestions - maybe a gold band, or nicer leather strap please let me know if you have anything that might work :)).. I'll also try to shoot some clearer pictures (this is from my iPhone)

Andy

A.D. Merrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2012, 05:25 AM   #2
A.D. Merrill
"TRF" Member

Here are a few more pics.... (better ones)

Old 16 September 2012, 06:00 PM   #3
mondodec
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Connies
I expect that this is an earlier 28.10 bumper powered model. The dial has been refinished much earlier in its life.

The spots on the dial are dial spot, cause by moisture incursion through tiny fissures on the dial and reacting with the dial metal.

To be able to give you a more definitive answer to your questions, pics of the movement and inner case back would be a great help.

Cheers

Desmond
mondodec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2012, 11:24 PM   #4
A.D. Merrill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondodec View Post
I expect that this is an earlier 28.10 bumper powered model. The dial has been refinished much earlier in its life.

The spots on the dial are dial spot, cause by moisture incursion through tiny fissures on the dial and reacting with the dial metal.

To be able to give you a more definitive answer to your questions, pics of the movement and inner case back would be a great help.

Cheers

Desmond
Thanks :) I'll see about taking the back off and snapping some pictures. I've never taken the back off a watch, so I'm worried about dinging it up. But, I'll see if I can get in there... Thanks again. Any idea about the age?

A
Old 17 September 2012, 12:21 AM   #5
mondodec
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Connies
I would say early fifties by the look of it...post 1948 I'm fairly sure.

Cheers

Desmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. Merrill View Post
Thanks :) I'll see about taking the back off and snapping some pictures. I've never taken the back off a watch, so I'm worried about dinging it up. But, I'll see if I can get in there... Thanks again. Any idea about the age?

A
mondodec is offline   Reply With Quote