The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 September 2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Behtahan

PO LM LE 42mm verses PO LM 45.5mm

Please give your take on this 2 gorgeous model.
Behtahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2012, 06:21 PM   #2
timenut
"TRF" Member

Main difference would be the size. My wrist is 7.5" and although I can carry the 45.5mm, my preference is the 42mm. Second consideration would be the movement. The LM 45.5mm houses the in-house 8500 movement, which arguably is the better than the proven 2500C in the LM LE. However, the casing on the 45.5mm is also significantly thicker. Some prefer it some chunky, some don't. I prefer the sleeker profile of the 2500 PO LM LE.

Also, the LM LE 42mm is black in colour / steel whereas the LM 45.5mm is blue / titanium. Colour is a personal preference but I'd say that black is more versatile and easier to match any attire.

If you are eyeing the LM LE 42mm, good luck in your hunt. There are not many in the market.. much less than you are looking for BNIB.
timenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Behtahan

I share your views.

Thanks
Old 11 September 2012, 10:23 PM   #4
jmsrolls
Banned

Admittedly those of us who own the PO LM LE are biased but I must agree with timenut on his points and add a couple of my own.

First, I am not a Ti fan and prefer the heft and finish of SS. When Ti "bruises", it tends to stay "bruised" whereas scratches and dings on SS are more easily repaired.

Secondly, the PO LM LE is a limited edition that, so far at least, is holding its value as the most sought after modern Omega.

I consider myself blessed to be among the 1948 owners of the PO LM LE.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Behtahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
Admittedly those of us who own the PO LM LE are biased but I must agree with timenut on his points and add a couple of my own.

First, I am not a Ti fan and prefer the heft and finish of SS. When Ti "bruises", it tends to stay "bruised" whereas scratches and dings on SS are more easily repaired.

Secondly, the PO LM LE is a limited edition that, so far at least, is holding its value as the most sought after modern Omega.

I consider myself blessed to be among the 1948 owners of the PO LM LE.
You are absolutely right to say that the 'bruises' is extremely difficult to remove if at all possible, costly as well. I have a Seiko Ti, I cannot remove the bruises that have developed over 12 years.

My interest in the PO LM LE developed after reading about it on this forum and it is escalating day by day as I read more about it. Hopefully I will be blessed as well.