The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 September 2012, 08:13 AM   #1
brandxbrand
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back
PO Bezel Swap in NYC? Orange to Black

Hey guys. Im about to make my first Omega purchase - something ive been building up towards for the better part of 3 years (always thought id only be a Rolex guy, but here we are..!)

I will need to make a bezel swap from Orange to Black - My planned set up is black face with orange numbers and black bezel at 42mm (basically a 2201.51), however, these don't pop up every day for a good price. I found a stella deal on an 2909 (orange bezel) so am planning on simply swapping the bezel to make my (new) dream watch.

My question

Is there anyone in NYC (tried Omega already - not willing to wait 3 weeks) that i can buy/trade a black OME-082SU1702 black bezel from. Has anyone had experience doing this in NYC? Diamond District my best shot?

OR

Should I just go and buy one from Ofrei and knock this out myself? I have some mild experience swapping bezels. I have no desire for an orange bezel ever so would most probably immediately sell the old one.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks and looking forward to joinging the Omega and PO club!
brandxbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2012, 09:45 AM   #2
RTea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610LN
I would go with Ofrei and have an experienced jeweler/watchmaker swap it for you. I've seen others do it and it should be an easy swap for someone with the right tools and knowledge. Love that you can just swap the bezel and its like a new watch!
RTea is offline   Reply With Quote