The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 8 May 2018, 11:35 PM   #181
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Yeah - I’ve read the whole thread so understand your view - but my other question was:

“If you are certain the seller is a scammer and you know he is a current member here, then doesn’t the rule to report it apply to you equally?”

Again, not a rant - just asking since you appeared certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As I stated, it’s not for me to interpret, it’s for the mods to decide. I do not know for certain the situation is 100% without a doubt true. Therefore I am not in the right position to contact the mods. However, if I was in OP’s position, and what all he has said is true, there is without a doubt I would have contacted mods, not to mention an attorney, probably 5 months ago.

And FWIW, I think as other members have said, OP is now playing it cool just to get his money back. I bet if he’s (ever) paid back in full, we’ll have a follow up posting with a completely different demeanor.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 11:50 PM   #182
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Thanks - I may have misunderstood. My overall impression was that you were certain.

Yes, the OP has asked for restraint. It is his situation so I am awaiting a result that could take months to resolve.

I have been in disputes over other matters with contractors and other firms that follow the same general path. My approach is to let things resolve with just the right amount of influence over events, while leveraging pressure at the right point with the right people.

It seems OP has chosen TRF wisely since his previous, patient approach over the past few months was not effective. Going too strongly in a legal sense gets costly and often lengthens (or even risks losing) the eventual result.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 11:58 PM   #183
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Thanks - I may have misunderstood. My overall impression was that you were certain.

Yes, the OP has asked for restraint. It is his situation so I am awaiting a result that could take months to resolve.

I have been in disputes over other matters with contractors and other firms that follow the same general path. My approach is to let things resolve with just the right amount of influence over events, while leveraging pressure at the right point with the right people.

It seems OP has chosen TRF wisely since his previous, patient approach over the past few months was not effective. Going too strongly in a legal sense gets costly and often lengthens (or even risks losing) the eventual result.

Yeah, didn’t mean to assert that. I was more trying to say that the OP should definitely notify the mods, if his situation is entirely true and all facts are as stated.

This is honestly just a crazy situation to me. I’ve pushed a claim through on eBay for non-receipt, if I don’t have a $35 item within two weeks. Not to beat a dead horse, but is a situation for an item worth ONE THOUSAND times that, and OP gave it 5 months. Even with PayPal you’d be reaching the limit for being able to make a claim. I hope he learns something from this situation, as there’s a definite difference between being courteous and getting taken advantage of.
Old 9 May 2018, 12:04 AM   #184
nyyankees
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1216610
Doesn’t seem like the protection of the community here is the goal of the OP since he is new and using the forum as a way to call out the seller. If his objective was to advance his cause it seems he has made progress. Said another way: It seems unlikely OP is going to report this to a MOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nyyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:42 AM   #185
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Excuse my ignorance—I really don’t know the answer to this. Would it be safe to assume that Mods are aware of this thread? Does a formal report have to be made nevertheless?
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:45 AM   #186
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
Excuse my ignorance—I really don’t know the answer to this. Would it be safe to assume that Mods are aware of this thread? Does a formal report have to be made nevertheless?

They are aware.
Old 9 May 2018, 05:25 AM   #187
Lime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, JLC, etc
As others have said his Instagram has now been made private, most likely due to this onslaught- however his phone number is still posted in the headline of the instagram account
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 05:26 AM   #188
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime View Post
As others have said his Instagram has now been made private, most likely due to this onslaught- however his phone number is still posted in the headline of the instagram account
Your point being?
Old 10 May 2018, 02:05 AM   #189
Cru Jones

Wow, what a thread!!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 02:41 AM   #190
Tenzen
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I have read this thread twice !! Am fairly new however have dealt with only the most trusted sellers here. Makes me think twice and triple check references etc.

I dont see how people jump on the OP for his patience, we all deal with life situations in a different matter. Personally I would have dealt with it much differently and probably gotten nowhere at all. Only to incur more expense or even worse.

My question to the forum and mods. I hope that he isnt doing business under another name or using a friends alias etc. A person with no morals/values is indeed a dangerous one. I guess we have to just be aware of the crooks name.

Cheers
Tenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 02:49 AM   #191
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen View Post
I have read this thread twice !! Am fairly new however have dealt with only the most trusted sellers here. Makes me think twice and triple check references etc.

I dont see how people jump on the OP for his patience, we all deal with life situations in a different matter. Personally I would have dealt with it much differently and probably gotten nowhere at all. Only to incur more expense or even worse.

My question to the forum and mods. I hope that he isnt doing business under another name or using a friends alias etc. A person with no morals/values is indeed a dangerous one. I guess we have to just be aware of the crooks name.

Cheers
I’ve not know one person in my entire life, outside of this thread, who just kicked back relaxing for five entire months, while having $35k missing. Perhaps we’re being vocal to ensure OP never gets into a ridiculous situation such as this in the future
Old 10 May 2018, 04:24 AM   #192
Tenzen
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I’ve not know one person in my entire life, outside of this thread, who just kicked back relaxing for five entire months, while having $35k missing. Perhaps we’re being vocal to ensure OP never gets into a ridiculous situation such as this in the future
Actually a ex business partner ( Ex for exactly the personality differences ) of mine was identical to that demeanor so I can understand a little "how he thinks" on the matter. As I mentioned, a EX business partner.

Personally , I do not agree with the course of action. Would have gotten on a plane and taken matters into my own hands !! Resulting in a whole plethora of new problems .

I hope it turns out well for him.
Tenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 05:10 AM   #193
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
You likely don't know the whole story. I don't either. But from what I understand, he did not "kicked back relaxing for five entire months" during this process.

It'd be more useful to deal with the here and now, than it would be to go through the list of what should have been done in hindsight.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 08:22 PM   #194
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
You likely don't know the whole story. I don't either. But from what I understand, he did not "kicked back relaxing for five entire months" during this process.

It'd be more useful to deal with the here and now, than it would be to go through the list of what should have been done in hindsight.
He literally said he has not heard from him for 4-5 months. There has been no attorney or law enforcement, etc etc etc contacted. So what would he have done?

With the amount being $35k, I would indeed say that’s kicked back relaxing. That’s legitimately the average salary of an individual in the US, an extreme amount to wait almost half a year to obtain.

I just hope OP gets taken care of.
Old 11 May 2018, 03:01 AM   #195
imperio
"TRF" Member

"I only care about #sellsell"

What is one to make of this?
Old 11 May 2018, 03:08 AM   #196
dmash
"TRF" Member

If:

-all OP has said is true
-^that is actually Michael’s instagram
-the OP still hasn’t contacted a lawyer

Then he’s straight up getting played for a fool. I’ll keep my comments to myself pertaining to this thread now, as I cannot believe an attorney isn’t involved at this point.
Old 11 May 2018, 03:09 AM   #197
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post

"I only care about #sellsell"

What is one to make of this?
Pretender trying to live off other folks dreams.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 04:12 AM   #198
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Pretender trying to live off other folks dreams.
Absolutely....

There are a bunch of these broskis and bruhs running around with inherited / family money masquerading as luxury concierge / watch dealers / car bros / exotic travel instagram stars / bullshit artists.

It always seems to end up in a deal done wrong or scam....with money owed they can't / won't pay back in full...

A similar situation happened with a clone of this guy a number of years ago...and it will continue to happen as these characters just aren't 100% legit. If they were, this situation would have been 100% handled within a week of the complaint and would NEVER have seen the light of day.

Don't mess with these brahs....you might be the one getting the shaft while they show off on Instasham all the stuff they spent YOUR money on while not delivering on empty promises.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 04:15 AM   #199
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Absolutely....

There are a bunch of these broskis and bruhs running around with inherited / family money masquerading as luxury concierge / watch dealers / car bros / exotic travel instagram stars / bullshit artists.

It always seems to end up in a deal done wrong or scam....with money owed they can't pay back in full...

A similar situation happened with a clone of this guy a number of years ago...and it will continue to happen as these characters just aren't 100% legit. If they were, this situation would have been 100% handled within a week of the complaint and would NEVER have seen the light of day.

Don't mess with these brahs....you might be the one getting the shaft while they show off on Instasham all the stuff they spent YOUR money on.

Word brah
Old 11 May 2018, 05:46 AM   #200
gb57
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP,Rolex
I never post but that was prob the most spot on post on this forum I have ever read!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Absolutely....

It always seems to end up in a deal done wrong or scam....with money owed they can't / won't pay back in full...

Don't mess with these brahs....you might be the one getting the shaft while they show off on Instasham all the stuff they spent YOUR money on while not delivering on empty promises.
gb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 05:55 AM   #201
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
This whole thread makes me question buying from "trusted sellers."

I've bought 4 watches through TRF. All four were from "trusted sellers" who had tons of positive feedback.

Two of those sellers have now been banned though - for what I don't know. But, it makes me question this type of marketplace.

I had hoped that a (relatively) small, (relatively) closed group of people operating on trust and shared experiences should be able to whittle these circumstances down to almost none, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

It's disheartening.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 06:37 AM   #202
MinMay
Banned

Ponzi scheme is still alive today LOL.... The 5K might be "borrow" from another person.

He has an interesting background....makes me wonder what else is behind the scene.

Anyhow, It's all in OP's hand now. I think we are done helping out...
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 06:48 AM   #203
DocMorpheus
"TRF" Member

Fascinating thread...
DocMorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 08:51 AM   #204
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
It is so hard for me to reconcile this person here driving a lambo, rocking a high-end AP while owing someone $35k.

Justice and karma will catch up fast.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 09:11 AM   #205
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
It is so hard for me to reconcile this person here driving a lambo, rocking a high-end AP while owing someone $35k.

Justice and karma will catch up fast.
It's not just one AP watch. He has like 100+ different high end watches :). Impressive collection :) . I do admire and love his Lambo... sweet.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 09:18 AM   #206
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc
...driving a lambo, rocking a high-end AP while owing someone $35k...

(adding my editorial - owing someone $35k he ripped-off)

Perhaps the raw materials of a life headed to perdition...

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 10:30 AM   #207
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
It's not just one AP watch. He has like 100+ different high end watches :). Impressive collection :)
Just a guess, but it may be that there is no "collection" (or inventory) to speak of, at least not to the degree he tries to portray.
After skimming his IG profile, it would appear that he has a few legitimately wealthy buddies, and could simply be "consigning" many/most of the watches he is selling for his "bros" (he mentions consignment in some of his for sale listings).
If that's the case, the loss of a $35k watch could be a serious blow, as he would've likely forwarded the OP's payment to the actual seller (one of his "bros") immediately upon receipt, minus his fee.
So, he may very well have screwed himself by not making sure the package was scanned in and thereby eliminating the possibility/likelihood of an insurance claim reimbursement.
Or, he may be in the midst of a claims process and just not liquid enough to pay off the OP (immediately) and is waiting until he is reimbursed.
Again, total speculation at this point, but it would make sense if that's the case.
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 10:35 AM   #208
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Just a guess, but it may be that there is no "collection" (or inventory) to speak of, at least not to the degree he tries to portray.
After skimming his IG profile, it would appear that he has a few legitimately wealthy buddies, and could simply be "consigning" many/most of the watches he is selling for his "bros" (he mentions consignment in some of his for sale listings).
If that's the case, the loss of a $35k watch could be a serious blow, as he would've likely forwarded the OP's payment to the actual seller (one of his "bros") immediately upon receipt, minus his fee.
So, he may very well have screwed himself by not making sure the package was scanned in and thereby eliminating the possibility/likelihood of an insurance claim reimbursement.
Or, he may be in the midst of a claims process and just not liquid enough to pay off the OP (immediately) and is waiting until he is reimbursed.
Again, total speculation at this point, but it would make sense if that's the case.
I suspect his whole "lavish IG lifestyle" is nothing but a fraud, as if he were really living that well 35K would be pocket change.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 11:36 AM   #209
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
I suspect his whole "lavish IG lifestyle" is nothing but a fraud, as if he were really living that well 35K would be pocket change.

If I owed someone $35k and couldn’t pay it, I would be sick to my stomach. It would literally eat at me until I couldn’t take it. I would sell my lambo and buy a more modest car if it meant my own sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 01:08 PM   #210
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Something about watch guys, they can be very stubborn with payment... I've dealt with more than my share of run around (including post dated checks, bounced checks, etc. etc.)... I always collect because I am persistent and only deal with people I know (and who I know how to find)... my courier once told me a story about a dealer who owed him a few grand for his Christmas invoice... he came by the guy's office while he had his safe open and saw it filled with stacks of cash... when he asked for the payment on his invoice the guy claimed that the cash wasn't his and he was holding it for a friend... no doubt he eventually got paid, but there's definitely dealers out there who love to delay payment as much as they can... I don't know what it is but I have a theory that they expect you to get hit by a bus or something... it's kind of like a reverse insurance where they hope something happens to you so that you don't have the opportunity to collect... who knows what's actually going on in this case but I will say that regardless of what's going on he's got a 30k interest free loan that he will probably pay near the end of the year.... assuming $5000 per month is the payment schedule.. hope it all works out in the end but definitely don't take your foot off the gas... I understand not overdoing it as you don't want to give this guy a reason to disappear, but definitely a call for some kind of collateral, legal agreement, etc. is not out of the question...
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote