The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 July 2015, 01:50 AM   #1
JeremyS
"TRF" Member

Seamaster 300MC: A few more thoughts....

Although the watch is thick, it wears well. I was concerned the height would prevent this watch from easily sliding underneath the cuff of my dress shirts, but that has not been the case. And, the bracelet and clasp I initially believed to be heavy and bulky are, in fact, the perfect counterweight to the watch case. I have 6.5” wrists, and I don’t think the 300MC is too much:

What amazes me most, however, is the timekeeping. Sure, we could all have a watch more accurate than any mechanical on the market if we simply bought a Quartz. And, my Rolex DateJust I and Sub 114060 are both within COSC specifications. This Omega, however, is something different altogether. Over the past three days of wearing the watch, I cannot discern that it has lost or gained a second. This “slow-beat” 3.5 hertz movement has impressed me. I had—and still have—my doubts about the co-axial hoopla. It seems overly complicated. For example: If the co-axial movement is supposed to be about reducing friction, then why use two barrels? Shouldn’t the decreased friction and rate (3.5 vs 4 hertz) mean the watch should have a longer power reserve, even if the watch only used a single barrel? Rolex, Tudor and even Seiko have 4hz movements with 70hr power reserves on a single barrel.
Time will tell if the highly technical 8400 is as durable as the Rolex 3030 movement. In the short time I have owned this 300MC, however, it has proven to be a ridiculously accurate time keeper. Of course, I have no plans to give-up my Sub!
JeremyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2015, 02:23 AM   #2
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

thanks for the follow up review...I have the same wrist size and the thickness is what also concerned me...this was good info
Old 30 July 2015, 07:36 AM   #3
jmsrolls
Banned

Jeremy,

My 300 MC arrived on March 17th. Three months later (actually 92 days later), it had gained 23 seconds! (.25 sec/day) Since then it has gained five seconds.

Not too bad for a lowly Omega.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote