The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 November 2021, 01:07 PM   #31
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
Sure have. Several friends have various references. The bracelets are light bending good. The Guillochage dials are beautiful, but by God drop the port hole flat-head screws. The octagon bezel takes some getting used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab27 View Post
Yes, although not that identical reference 100% (AD sells a lot of used AP). I personally find them even less flattering in person than in photos. I am sure plenty of people would say the same thing about my Sub given how subjective all of this is.

Those are things that threw it off for me. Maybe if I wore one for a while I would feel differently (e.g., I hated the color of my 13 Pro at first, but a few weeks after having it I am starting to like it), but the bezel and screws and that winding crown throw me off.
true, all subjective but usually hear the opposite in that it looks way better in person than photos so that's why i asked. nothing wrong with not liking it though, it's definitely one of those love it or hate it designs, especially when it comes to the case. i don't know if it really grows on a lot of people. about the sub - for me it looks way way better in person lol
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:14 PM   #32
steveclr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefollandgnat View Post
The AP looks much nicer and it might come in handy that you can tell what time it is.
I couldn't agree more, unless you really need the Daytona complication.
steveclr is offline   Reply With Quote