The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 December 2019, 05:00 AM   #1
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon19 🌴🌞 Top 20 Resorts in Western Mexico: Readers' Choice Awards 2019

Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Chileno Bay Resort & Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos
San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Viceroy Los Cabos

Full List Here:
https://www.cntraveler.com/readers-c...rn-top-resorts

When looking to go for a long weekend getaway earlier this year we chose Esperanza and it was Amazing!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 05:04 AM   #2
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Thanks. I'll show the wife. Maybe we will visit one.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 05:43 AM   #3
J.P.Jones
"TRF" Member

How much was it?
J.P.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 08:26 AM   #4
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Haven't been to Cabo in a long time.

I realize you are talking about the resorts but did you find Cabo itself dodgy or dangerous at all. Heard a bunch of stuff about it lately.

The couple of times I went years ago the most dangerous thing probably was getting puked on by the drink till you pass out crowd.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 08:32 AM   #5
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I've never been. Is it worth it for an older couple to visit, just to laze around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post

I realize you are talking about the resorts but did you find Cabo itself dodgy or dangerous at all. Heard a bunch of stuff about it lately.

The couple of times I went years ago the most dangerous thing probably was getting puked on by the drink till you pass out crowd.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 08:44 AM   #6
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I've never been. Is it worth it for an older couple to visit, just to laze around?
Have you been to Hearst castle yet since moving to Ca? It is quite impressive and gives you a good glimpse how millionaires lived in the early 1900's.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 08:48 AM   #7
wantonebad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Not trying to rain on your parade Larry, please forgive me but I'm done with Cabo, it's like Tijuana for rich people. Was just there in October for a bachelor party and I swore I would never go back. I was there in the 80's and then again in the 90's and had a blast. This time it's been over run with development and resorts and has zero appeal for me. Sorry for the rant, JMHO
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 02:44 PM   #8
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
🌴🌞 Top 20 Resorts in Western Mexico: Readers' Choice Awards 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Yes. I believe you would have a good time. The Esperanza is a Forbes Five Star Property. Everything is wonderful. A MUST Do: https://www.flora-farms.com/ Make sure you get reservations well in advance, Hire a car and Enjoy the Food! We brought a special bottle of wine to the restaurant and the corking fee was reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post

We went to the main streets in Cabo and I didn't feel like I was in any danger. I must say I don't enjoy the bars and little shops. There are better places to go for shopping and food. IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
Not trying to rain on your parade Larry, please forgive me but I'm done with Cabo, it's like Tijuana for rich people. Was just there in October for a bachelor party and I swore I would never go back. I was there in the 80's and then again in the 90's and had a blast. This time it's been over run with development and resorts and has zero appeal for me. Sorry for the rant, JMHO
The main street in Cabo is not for me either. I am Not interested in the drunks at CrAzY Cantinas. There are a few restaurants and quiet spots to go if you want to find them. We prefer to stay at properties that have everything and are happy to provide anything your heart desires. Bonus If they have a golf course on the property or one close by!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190526_185120284_HDR.jpg (123.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190529_160830158_HDR.jpg (107.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190528_135914610.jpg (86.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190526_185614732_HDR.jpg (81.3 KB, 68 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 06:37 AM   #9
bigjack78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Yes. I believe you would have a good time. The Esperanza is a Forbes Five Star Property. Everything is wonderful. A MUST Do: https://www.flora-farms.com/ Make sure you get reservations well in advance, Hire a car and Enjoy the Food! We brought a special bottle of wine to the restaurant and the corking fee was reasonable.

We went to the main streets in Cabo and I didn't feel like I was in any danger. I must say I don't enjoy the bars and little shops. There are better places to go for shopping and food. IMHO

The main street in Cabo is not for me either. I am Not interested in the drunks at CrAzY Cantinas. There are a few restaurants and quiet spots to go if you want to find them. We prefer to stay at properties that have everything and are happy to provide anything your heart desires. Bonus If they have a golf course on the property or one close by!
Hey, that's the Waldorf Astoria. We ate dinner there last time.
bigjack78 is offline   Reply With Quote