The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 January 2020, 08:30 AM   #31
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
It’s disgusting...

And beautiful...

And repulsive...

And also mesmerizing
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2020, 10:23 PM   #32
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Saw a guy on a corner the other day shouting "The end is near." Thought "Right." Said "Get a real job."

Pulled up this thread. Thought "Perhaps I should reconsider."
Old 6 January 2020, 10:29 PM   #33
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Unknown-13.jpeg (25.9 KB, 128 views)
Old 7 January 2020, 02:54 AM   #34
encarter13
"TRF" Member

My wife is in the medical field and loves it. I can take it or leave it.
Old 7 January 2020, 07:08 AM   #35
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
It’s funny that people voluntarily watch the show. I’d would have paid someone good money to incise and drain a pilonidal cyst for me every time.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 07:24 AM   #36
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
It’s funny that people voluntarily watch the show. I’d would have paid someone good money to incise and drain a pilonidal cyst for me every time.
I have a small lipoma on my upper chest near my right shoulder. What is the procedure to remove, and if it stays small is it better to leave alone?
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 08:04 AM   #37
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
I have a small lipoma on my upper chest near my right shoulder. What is the procedure to remove, and if it stays small is it better to leave alone?
They are easy to remove. A small incision is made over the lipoma. It is then shelled out and removed intact. The incision is sutured, often with hidden subcuticular stitches under the skin. In order for insurance to pay for the removal, you usually have to complain of constant pain or limitation of motion. You’ll notice the first question the TV doc asks every patient is if it is causing pain. If the answer is no, it becomes a cosmetic procedure in many cases, and insurance won’t cover removal.
Old 7 January 2020, 08:06 AM   #38
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

“Botched” is another show than is almost unwatchable, often due to the personalities of the patients.
Old 7 January 2020, 10:14 AM   #39
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
Dr Pimple Popper is some kind of “hot sake”
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 01:17 PM   #40
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
The fact it would be conceived let alone seriously considered, signed-off on, produced, and watched by enough people to survive has me question whether our civilization should.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 01:22 PM   #41
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
The fact that the show would be conceived let alone seriously considered, signed-off on, produced, and watched by enough people to survive has me seriously question whether our civilization should.
It definitely shows a lack of creativity for good must see TV and how society has devolved over the last several years. I would take Archie Bunker and Meathead any day over this.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 02:00 PM   #42
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Human Beings are strange creatures. There will always be a sizeable audience for ANY kind of "gross-out" behaviour, which maybe explains the fascination of many with the proliferation of ridiculous, staged "quasi-reality" dating/marriage/personal interaction shows where would-be actors/models/attention seekers pretend to seek relationships with each other.
I am always intrigued as to what attracts people to this type of stuff that clearly has a 'plot' and is scripted but would be considered "C" or "D" grade if it was a movie or TV drama. Then again, I suppose "D" grade movies are popular too.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 02:38 PM   #43
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
It definitely shows a lack of creativity for good must see TV and how society has devolved over the last several years. I would take Archie Bunker and Meathead any day over this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Human Beings are strange creatures. There will always be a sizeable audience for ANY kind of "gross-out" behaviour, which maybe explains the fascination of many with the proliferation of ridiculous, staged "quasi-reality" dating/marriage/personal interaction shows where would-be actors/models/attention seekers pretend to seek relationships with each other.
I am always intrigued as to what attracts people to this type of stuff that clearly has a 'plot' and is scripted but would be considered "C" or "D" grade if it was a movie or TV drama. Then again, I suppose "D" grade movies are popular too.
Exactly so.

When The Learning Channel was conceived it had things like NASA TV, but a couple decades ago TLC began catering to those needing the "reality" of manufactured relationship drama, emotional "learning", and Freak Show "fascination" that Discovery had devolved into prior to that.

TLC really stands for The Lazy Cerebrum. Before viewing check your brain at the door, no thinking required.

Do those who go to work every day, week after week, year after year producing such valueless and empty crap that it gives even TV Wasteland a bad name, actually go home at night and think "Job well done!"? The idea that someone could truly mystifies me. Do they openly admit to others what they do for a living? I'd rather admit to being a hitman or working for the IRS, and any entrepreneur with a truck, trailer, lawn mower and a couple rakes has a far, far more positive impact on the world.

I'd rather sit outside with a drink taking in the view of a nicely landscaped lawn than sit inside watching pus being squeezed out of someone's else's body on TV.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 10:51 PM   #44
BryanSmyth
"TRF" Member

They are disgusting but I can't help think of the relief those people must feeling, having a giant zit on their back drained.
BryanSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 01:17 AM   #45
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I just watch and wonder how any of it got that far......

And for the fans of it, check this out
https://youtu.be/LSPJa_-BurI
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 03:01 AM   #46
logo
"TRF" Member

I met her at a conference. She’s very friendly and cares a lot for her patients, so I’m a fan of her and her show. Yes it’s gross to many, but it also serves a pretty important purpose of socially normalizing challenging dermatological issues be it large cysts or psoriasis etc and that there are treatments available.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 08:12 AM   #47
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
“Botched” is another show than is almost unwatchable, often due to the personalities of the patients.
The guys on Botched do higher order surgery. Redo surgery is always a challenge. Agree that there patients are sometimes very colorful characters!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 08:45 AM   #48
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Its as bad as the doctor that cuts and scrapes off corns off your feet...I get sick if i try and watch it. Its good for diets....
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 09:12 AM   #49
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Super disgusting. Wife and I were like WTF....you have to be kidding me.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 10:37 AM   #50
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
Its as bad as the doctor that cuts and scrapes off corns off your feet...I get sick if i try and watch it. Its good for diets....
It's a great way to make a living and help ease the suffering of many people and save lives and limbs. Not helping me lose any weight though!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 11:02 AM   #51
JohnBaker3
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1971 Red Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnpete View Post
I agree it is not for everyone.
But this doctor is amazing, she can cure many issues people have.
As a veterinary surgeon, I performed many of the same procedures on dogs and cats. Although they rarely thanked me, their owners did.

The most impressive part of the show is that Dr. Lee changes/improves the self esteem of her clients on a regular basis.

It is sad that many of her patients wait so long before seeking medical help. This allows the lesions to progress to more serious problems and makes the surgery that much more difficult and risky.

So, man up and see the program for what it is: a glimpse into the realities of dermatology surgery. You may need her services yourself some time in the future.