The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 June 2019, 02:13 AM   #1
Padstar
"TRF" Member

OP 39 Dark Rhodium

I have looked at the OP several times to give me a more formal less bulky option to my deepsea and other larger sports watches. For more of a suit and shirt occasion.

Now that the 39mm is here it has increased its appeal as the smaller versions are too small for me.

I prefer the Dark Rhodium face and just popped into my local AD to see if they had one. They only had the blue face with green batons which didn't do it for me. They took my number and called back a few hours later saying they have a dark rhodium one in the head office and can get it to the store next week.

Its an entry level watch but I was still surprised at it being available straight away. I have never had any luck with any form of discount on sports models but is the OP any different? Is RRP the right money to be paying or are there better deals to be had (i don't object to buying grey if the savings are there to be had). It would probably help with building a relationship with the AD (if there is such a thing).

What do you think.
Padstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 02:27 AM   #2
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
I got a slight discount on the dark Rhodium 39 from my AD.

I have no idea what the secondary price is, but I’m an AD person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 02:32 AM   #3
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
Not sure if they´ll offer you a discount when they´ve gone out of their way to get a particular watch into the store for you, but it never hurts to ask. It´s not exactly a sports model, and some AD´s may offer discounts on models outside the sports range. Update when you´ve got it on your wrist. All the best.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 07:22 AM   #4
Padstar
"TRF" Member

Tech 21, If you don't mind me asking what discount did you end up getting at the AD?
Old 19 June 2019, 08:56 AM   #5
Pete26
Banned

I didn't get a discount when I bought my OP36, but didn't ask as he seemed to be firm on his price when I rang to enquire about it.
Pete26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 09:32 AM   #6
escobar144
Banned

Watch: Submariner/DJ 41
In terms of a discount, most AD's wont do it. I tried when I bought mine and was shut down. But on the second hand market, a used one can go for around 4.5k - 5k. I would look at davidsw. I almost bought the Rhodium dial myself. I ended up going for the black dial because I like the hour markers better. But yeah great choice!
escobar144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 09:37 AM   #7
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I traded the exact watch to Exquisite Timepieces a few months ago in Naples, FL. Last I checked they still had it, I only wore it twice and they’ll sell it under retail. It’s like brand new.
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 09:51 AM   #8
justjay82
"TRF" Member

I bought a white 114300 from an AD here in Toronto about a month ago. Searched a while to get it, despite having history with several ADs. Asked for a discount but no go.
It’s a hot piece right now - especially the white - despite not being a professional model.
Great watch though. You won’t be disappointed.
justjay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 10:36 AM   #9
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padstar View Post
Tech 21, If you don't mind me asking what discount did you end up getting at the AD?

It was a 6% discount for me, and she said that was the maximum permissible by Rolex for this model.

I do take with a pinch oh salt though anything ADs are supposedly told by Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 03:07 PM   #10
Soultime
"TRF" Member

OP is in the UK.
Situation is different depending where you live.

UK discount is unlikely I would guess.

You can always check Watchfinder prices on a 2019 model (they also show RRP) to get an indication of desirability..... selling at a premium/discount.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 03:09 PM   #11
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Also remember that the DJ41 is only 39.5mm - for what you are after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181210_091952-1100x1100.jpg (274.4 KB, 484 views)
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:17 AM   #12
Padstar
"TRF" Member

Got a call yesterday and my watch has arrived with the local AD. Fair play to them for going out of their way to get it for me and so quickly.

I cant pick it up for 2 weeks as i am away but looking forward to taking delivery when i am back.
Old 11 July 2019, 06:27 AM   #13
Padstar
"TRF" Member

Just to close this one out, i picked up the watch today. AD couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. The Rhodium dial looks sensational under the shop lighting. I didn't quite realise how much the dial pings the light off it and changes under different angles. Very impressed and it has now taken its place along side the others.

Now i have it it most certainly ticks the formal DJ/suit dress look i was aiming for it. Its looks tiny next to the DSSD.

The AD also gave me a small glimmer of hope that another of the watches on my wish list MAY be available to me shortly. Not sure how he would know that but lets hope so.
Old 11 July 2019, 07:21 AM   #14
escobar144
Banned

Watch: Submariner/DJ 41
Quote:
Just to close this one out, i picked up the watch today. AD couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. The Rhodium dial looks sensational under the shop lighting. I didn't quite realise how much the dial pings the light off it and changes under different angles. Very impressed and it has now taken its place along side the others.

Now i have it it most certainly ticks the formal DJ/suit dress look i was aiming for it. Its looks tiny next to the DSSD.

The AD also gave me a small glimmer of hope that another of the watches on my wish list MAY be available to me shortly. Not sure how he would know that but lets hope so.

post a pic!
escobar144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2019, 05:47 AM   #15
Padstar
"TRF" Member

Not sure how to.
Old 13 July 2019, 05:54 AM   #16
drtii
Banned

Watch: 216570 | 126660
Quote:
I have looked at the OP several times to give me a more formal less bulky option to my deepsea and other larger sports watches. For more of a suit and shirt occasion.

Now that the 39mm is here it has increased its appeal as the smaller versions are too small for me.

I prefer the Dark Rhodium face and just popped into my local AD to see if they had one. They only had the blue face with green batons which didn't do it for me. They took my number and called back a few hours later saying they have a dark rhodium one in the head office and can get it to the store next week.

Its an entry level watch but I was still surprised at it being available straight away. I have never had any luck with any form of discount on sports models but is the OP any different? Is RRP the right money to be paying or are there better deals to be had (i don't object to buying grey if the savings are there to be had). It would probably help with building a relationship with the AD (if there is such a thing).

What do you think.
Hey, so I have the Deepsea as well and I bought it after trying on a Rhodium DJ41.

The DJ41 looks incredibly small with a dark dial on-wrist, so keep that in mind. You may like that look, I just wanted to point it out in case you haven't had a chance to try it on.

That being said, the one I tried on was smooth bezel + oyster, and I have no doubt the fluted + jubilee would add a bit of "size", at least it would have the illusion of being busier and possibly more robust.

EDIT: I didn't finish the thread so I didn't realize you purchased and noticed the size. Yes, it's tiny. Too small for me but glad it worked out for you. Did you get fluted + jubilee?

Last edited by drtii; 13 July 2019 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: didn't finish reading thread!
drtii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2019, 07:47 AM   #17
El Cascarrabias
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB
10% on my OP39 rhodium. The second Rolex I bought from my AD.

The rhodium dial is right up there with the blue sunburst IMO. Love the way it changes from light silver to almost black.

You really need to be, not seem to be.

El Cascarrabias is offline   Reply With Quote