The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 May 2019, 12:38 PM   #31
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
Yep, but that one had a discrepancy with the weight. This one had the same weight from point A to point B.
Do we know this for certain? If not, I'd be contacting FedEx to see if their data tracking shows any weight discrepancies along the way. But yes, if it was in fact stolen from someone at that FedEx office, I imagine they did so prior to scanning it in.

I'd also be sure to keep the original box and packaging untouched. Not sure what the logistical hurdles would be to get local LEOs to coordinate with US LEOs, but it would be worthwhile to try. For instance, if they could pull prints off of the inner contents/paper and/or the underside of the "new" tape, that would provide pretty solid evidence if they didn't belong to the OP or the seller. Even just requesting everyone in that FedEx office volunteer a set of elimination prints might weed out the thief.

Given the value here, it far exceeds the threshold for grand-theft (felony), so I would imagine that might help get more traction/attention.

Good luck OP.
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2019, 12:41 PM   #32
mrs_LA
2024 Pledge Member

So I think here are some possible scenarios:

1) The seller took advantage of the good relationship for an opportunity to scam. Seller could have fabricated the "system is down for the day" story. I would never hand over a package unscanned EVEN if it wasn't a watch. Secondly, I find it very fishy that the seller would drop it off at 6:30 PM California time. Cutoffs are usually 5 pm. I would never leave a package overnight in a facility because it has missed a cutoff time for delivery pickups. Seller actually dropped off the package on May 2nd, the date it was scanned, with a box full of paper.

But if OP trusts the seller, then maybe this is not a possible scenario.

2) Seller dropped it off post-cut off time, which gave employees an excuse to say that system was down. It would have made it sit in the outlet overnight, which makes it more vulnerable to theft. Since the seller also filled up a customs form, that might have revealed a declared value in the form. Not going to question whether this part was appropriately filled in terms of value, but with ParcelPro, insured value needs to equate to declared value for it to be fully insured.

Sorry to hear, OP. Hope this gets sorted, and hopefully seller had some sort of proof that he did mail a watch and not a box of papers.
Old 7 May 2019, 12:47 PM   #33
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Do we know this for certain? If not, I'd be contacting FedEx to see if their data tracking shows any weight discrepancies along the way. But yes, if it was in fact stolen from someone at that FedEx office, I imagine they did so prior to scanning it in.

I'd also be sure to keep the original box and packaging untouched. Not sure what the logistical hurdles would be to get local LEOs to coordinate with US LEOs, but it would be worthwhile to try. For instance, if they could pull prints off of the inner contents/paper and/or the underside of the "new" tape, that would provide pretty solid evidence if they didn't belong to the OP or the seller. Even just requesting everyone in that FedEx office volunteer a set of elimination prints might weed out the thief.

Given the value here, it far exceeds the threshold for grand-theft (felony), so I would imagine that might help get more traction/attention.

Good luck OP.
OP stated...same weight.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2019, 12:54 PM   #34
MinMay
Banned

gaoxing84, did you ever get all your money back from your last incident where you sent money to a "trusted" seller in the USA and he decided to run off with your money?

Man, sorry bud you're having such bad luck. I thought you would stop dealing with international transactions..not worth the headache when something goes wrong.
Old 7 May 2019, 01:36 PM   #35
freefly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
Why, oh why, leave an unscanned package in the possession of FedEX... it can't even ship until its been scanned anyway and insurance doesn't work until its scanned so that's literally the most careless thing that can be done...
Yeah, it sounds like he was a relatively seasoned seller. That makes such a careless oversight a lot less likely, IMO.
Still possible I suppose, but the "rogue seller" theory is certainly plausible as well. Hopefully the OP will get some answers...

OP: If you don't mind, who was the seller here? Just in case he did go rogue, it would be a good idea to let folks know, in case he is planning on continuing the trend...
Also, you might send him a link to this thread and ask him to respond with any/all info and updates.

Old 7 May 2019, 01:43 PM   #36
freefly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
gaoxing84, did you ever get all your money back from your last incident where you sent money to a "trusted" seller in the USA and he decided to run off with your money?

Man, sorry bud you're having such bad luck. I thought you would stop dealing with international transactions..not worth the headache when something goes wrong.
OP is a pretty active buyer/seller, so the odds of getting scammed are probably a bit higher in his case.
It certainly is a minefield out there, especially if you are inclined to chase deals with randoms over the (worldwide) interwebs.

Old 7 May 2019, 03:26 PM   #37
gaoxing84
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Yeah, it sounds like he was a relatively seasoned seller. That makes such a careless oversight a lot less likely, IMO.
Still possible I suppose, but the "rogue seller" theory is certainly plausible as well. Hopefully the OP will get some answers...

OP: If you don't mind, who was the seller here? Just in case he did go rogue, it would be a good idea to let folks know, in case he is planning on continuing the trend...
Also, you might send him a link to this thread and ask him to respond with any/all info and updates.

The seller doesn't sell here anymore.
He sells to me directly since we have a good standing relationship

His username is xx0505xx.

We had a couple deal which all went very well.

We had a deal of a hulk and batman.
But he decided to keep the batman after I wired the funds.
So he is refunding the funds via bank wire which he provided the paperwork as proof but I have yet to receive it, might take 1 to 2 days since he sent it on a Friday even last week.

As of now. I believe it's a inside job by fedex until proven wrong.

Anyway for those who ask the declared carriage was, it was definitely not high and the description was used precision tool chrono.
So either the thief is smart as hell.

Does fedex ship centre have access to xray machine?

Usually, my other sellers will never leave the parcel without a scan.
I guess it was a mistake by this seller this time round.
So I even get him to get to the fedex ship centre to check on the parcel.
Was told that it will be sent today but not sure if he ever ask for it to be seen.

It was the outlet at 18115 S Main St, Gardena CA.

The seller was told to file a police report at Gardena area instead of his area In LA
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2019, 03:27 PM   #38
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:

Nothing was ever got back.
File a case with the fbi and hope he will never be able to get a proper job with that record.
Old 7 May 2019, 03:28 PM   #39
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_LA View Post
So I think here are some possible scenarios:

1) The seller took advantage of the good relationship for an opportunity to scam. Seller could have fabricated the "system is down for the day" story. I would never hand over a package unscanned EVEN if it wasn't a watch. Secondly, I find it very fishy that the seller would drop it off at 6:30 PM California time. Cutoffs are usually 5 pm. I would never leave a package overnight in a facility because it has missed a cutoff time for delivery pickups. Seller actually dropped off the package on May 2nd, the date it was scanned, with a box full of paper.

But if OP trusts the seller, then maybe this is not a possible scenario.

2) Seller dropped it off post-cut off time, which gave employees an excuse to say that system was down. It would have made it sit in the outlet overnight, which makes it more vulnerable to theft. Since the seller also filled up a customs form, that might have revealed a declared value in the form. Not going to question whether this part was appropriately filled in terms of value, but with ParcelPro, insured value needs to equate to declared value for it to be fully insured.

Sorry to hear, OP. Hope this gets sorted, and hopefully seller had some sort of proof that he did mail a watch and not a box of papers.
I check the opening hours for that outlet.
They close at 7.30pm but not sure about cut off time.
Old 7 May 2019, 04:05 PM   #40
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoxing84 View Post
Nothing was ever got back.
File a case with the fbi and hope he will never be able to get a proper job with that record.
sucks man...sorry to hear... Most companies perform a background check....
Old 7 May 2019, 04:28 PM   #41
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
sucks man...sorry to hear... Most companies perform a background check....
i hope he gets what he asked for.

Fk me over for 5grand and i hope his life is miserable.

i have met many wonderful people in TRF and sometimes there's some a-hole who tries to be funny.

i have sent photos of the parcel and the entire story to my local fedex and they're in the midst of investigating
Old 7 May 2019, 04:38 PM   #42
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
i hope he gets what he asked for.

Fk me over for 5grand and i hope his life is miserable.

i have met many wonderful people in TRF and sometimes there's some a-hole who tries to be funny.

i have sent photos of the parcel and the entire story to my local fedex and they're in the midst of investigating
+1 These are people who should locked in prison for life.

Just recently...FedEx workers are stealing phone, watches, etc. I'm sure there are more incident FedEx is not reporting to the public record.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-away-cops-say
Old 7 May 2019, 05:39 PM   #43
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
+1 These are people who should locked in prison for life.

Just recently...FedEx workers are stealing phone, watches, etc. I'm sure there are more incident FedEx is not reporting to the public record.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-away-cops-say
Yea. How can we ever trust these courier services.
It's never a perfect world.
People are willing to throw away a good job for a one time payment that doesn't even set them for life.

Just plain dumb.

You wanna commit a crime. It better be setting you for life if not it's pointless.
It's going to ruin your life.

Tsk
Old 8 May 2019, 12:00 AM   #44
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

this is going to be a crazy story to follow up ... keep us updated.
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2019, 12:40 AM   #45
twinturb089
"TRF" Member

Watch: day date 40
Quote:
The seller doesn't sell here anymore.
He sells to me directly since we have a good standing relationship

His username is xx0505xx.

We had a couple deal which all went very well.

So he is refunding the funds via bank wire which he provided the paperwork as proof but I have yet to receive it, might take 1 to 2 days since he sent it on a Friday even last week.

As of now. I believe it's a inside job by fedex until proven wrong.

Anyway for those who ask the declared carriage was, it was definitely not high and the description was used precision tool chrono.
So either the thief is smart as hell.

Does fedex ship centre have access to xray machine?

Usually, my other sellers will never leave the parcel without a scan.
I guess it was a mistake by this seller this time round.
So I even get him to get to the fedex ship centre to check on the parcel.
Was told that it will be sent today but not sure if he ever ask for it to be seen.

It was the outlet at 18115 S Main St, Gardena CA.

The seller was told to file a police report at Gardena area instead of his area In LA
So you wired him money for batman and a hulk, after the wire, he backs out and your still waiting for the wire refund? And then waiting "days" for a wire refund? I am no quincy, but it sure seems like your seller may have went bad.
twinturb089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2019, 01:08 AM   #46
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

If I was OP I'd contact the Fedex office manager and confirm the system was indeed down, when and for how long.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2019, 03:22 AM   #47
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
If I was OP I'd contact the Fedex office manager and confirm the system was indeed down, when and for how long.
yeap, i did provide all the relevant information to fedex and they're in the midst of investigating.

hope for the best now
Old 8 May 2019, 05:02 AM   #48
AJV_36
Banned

Watch: Submariner w/date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Why in the world would anyone hand over a Rolex to FedEx when their system was down and they couldn't scan anything?

I was thinking same thing, makes me sick!! Hope all get sorted out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AJV_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2019, 10:56 AM   #49
mrs_LA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I check the opening hours for that outlet.
They close at 7.30pm but not sure about cut off time.
https://local.fedex.com/ca/gardena/TOAA/

It looks like the latest dropoffs are:
Latest Express Dropoff
Monday – Friday 6:15 PM
Saturday 5:00 PM
Sunday No Pickup
Old 8 May 2019, 11:26 AM   #50
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

For what its worth they certainly know how to upset the customer. Customer service seems sorely lacking
https://www.yelp.com/biz/fedex-ship-center-gardena
Old 8 May 2019, 05:28 PM   #51
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturb089 View Post
So you wired him money for batman and a hulk, after the wire, he backs out and your still waiting for the wire refund? And then waiting "days" for a wire refund? I am no quincy, but it sure seems like your seller may have went bad.
not so because international wire might take up to 4-5 working days.
he's using bank of hope and there's a photo of the wire document.

he's replying me as we speak and not once he did not reply. so as of now, we are trying to resolve the wire first while waiting for fedex to investigate.

some new updates.

police in california state doesn't allow a police report. they say we should bring it back to fedex instead.

Old 8 May 2019, 05:29 PM   #52
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
For what its worth they certainly know how to upset the customer. Customer service seems sorely lacking
https://www.yelp.com/biz/fedex-ship-center-gardena
as far as i know, that neighborhood is pretty sketchy.
as told by a friend living in US cali as well
Old 8 May 2019, 07:29 PM   #53
Luke@TRF
"TRF" Member

I’ve heard stories about someone sending a new iPhone back to Asia countries and it turns out to be a brick. Culprit was at the the receiving depot. Hope yours was insured
Luke@TRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 12:30 AM   #54
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
....what
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 12:43 AM   #55
Brian HCM#1
"TRF" Member

I NEVER ship any thing of great value without insuring it for its value and/or sale price. Something sounds fishy to me.
Brian HCM#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 12:48 AM   #56
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
....what
I'm not getting this part either. How did he decide to keep it after the funds were wired? Once a deal has been made and the other party has wired the funds, there should be absolutely no turning back at that point.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 01:02 AM   #57
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareemthedream33 View Post
I'm not getting this part either. How did he decide to keep it after the funds were wired? Once a deal has been made and the other party has wired the funds, there should be absolutely no turning back at that point.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
And aren't we talking about a Batman that's missing? I'm confused
Old 9 May 2019, 01:05 AM   #58
whattimeyougot
"TRF" Member

Why not mitigate all this risk and pop into an AD & pick up one of the ten BLNRs on display.....oh wait.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but this is a good lesson to everyone on the risks and perils of purchasing online.
whattimeyougot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 01:15 AM   #59
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
+1.
+500
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 01:18 AM   #60
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anyway for those who ask the declared carriage was, it was definitely not high
This is going to influence any investigation. I can see why the police were not interested. How much is 'not high'? Thats all you'll get back even if Fedex accept liability. Who decided how much to put on the Waybill for insurance/customs value? Quite a few cautionary tales recently. I personally would not deal internationally via a common carrier.