The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 June 2011, 01:55 AM   #61
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
Hello,

There is no 'tone' as these are not spoken words - just dialogue in writing. It wasn't meant to be harsh so apologies if it appeared that way, I guess this is the problematic side of anything message-wise.

Come on though, if you wish to quote me then do so but make sure you read the message in full. You have written half of that sentence, so I'll finish the rest of it for you; "Not unless you work there personally and know the editor well enough to have that conversation".

If you know 'Jack', then great - This doesn't apply to you.

So we've established from your initial response to this thread that you are an 'advertising professional', and your second response states that you have been in media-planning for 17+ years.

Are you explaining this because you want to simply tell us about your job? If so, congrats! If it's because you have taken offence to my response and feel compelled to justify yourself, don't worry about it - genuinely no offence meant, sorry!

I won't give you a run-down of my career history in advertising, as impressive as I feel it is.

In terms of why they are currently in other publications... I don't work for Rolex's marketing department so I can't give you a definitive answer I'm afraid. Speculating though, pehaps they want to keep themselves active in the market through just a couple of publications, rather than everything, who knows.
Relax, it's just a forum. I didn't know you were Sir Martin Sorrell.

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2011, 02:43 AM   #62
R.G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submarino View Post

Ha ha... and I didn't know you knew 'Jack'!

That's rather amusing, I'll give you that.

R.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2011, 12:38 PM   #63
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
You'll know that's it has lost it's mojo when it ceases being the most copied watch on Earth.
Old 24 June 2011, 12:56 PM   #64
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submarino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
Ha ha... and I didn't know you knew 'Jack'!

That's rather amusing, I'll give you that.

OK. I trust we're all good now. Let's keep it on a high level without getting at each other's throats. I would hate to close this thread down.

The topic is whether Rolex is losing its mojo by not advertising in some magazines. Let's stick to that topic in an objective manner.

BTW, IMHO, Rolex is far from losing its mojo. It advertises in plenty of mags and even runs TV ads. As others have said, they are probably the most recognized high end watch brand in the world. And that's not likely to change for a long time.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2011, 01:22 PM   #65
Omega 1120

Watch: Omega Seamaster
I do not think Rolex is losing its mojo.

I think that Rolex chooses not to advertise in Revolution because they believe it does not target their future watchbuyers.

I think Rolex would rather have a billboard in downtown Manhattan than advertise in Revolution.
Omega 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2011, 03:57 PM   #66
dreamwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Hulk
As some of you have already mentioned, standing firm on quality and timeless precision is the key. Sony used to be an electronic powerhouse fueled by the reputation of top notch television sets such as the XBR series. Unfortunately they allowed the pressure of price from cheaper competition alter their thinking, technique, and design. They have been making their products much cheaper and consequently have lost the edge or ranking that they once had. (now all you see and hear about is samsung, Sony 5-10yrs ago would not even be mentioned or compared to a samsung.) My point is, instead of spending money elsewhere such as advertising, rolex continues to put MORE into an already Excellent product!! This is what inspired me to be a Rolex Owner, I wanted to be a part of history, legend, precision, and greatness. Magazines can write what they want, but I challenge them to name another watch company as decorated or prestigious.
dreamwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2011, 04:15 AM   #67
pyxis
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc SS
In Malaysia, I see that Rolex seems to be focusing their print ads in financial publications, which tends to carries mainly luxury products or high-end properties advertisements. I would think Rolex knows where their customers' base are.
pyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2011, 04:21 AM   #68
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

Yes the Mojo is gone. Now I will buy all of your rolex's for 10 cents on the Dollar!
gwozhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2011, 04:34 AM   #69
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdi View Post
Patek wasn't there either.
I like it!
Me too..
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2011, 06:10 AM   #70
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
I really don't see any lost MOJO. Specially after the release of the new Exp II. Rolex will always be on the top of mind when it comes to watches.

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote