The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 November 2021, 05:08 PM   #121
Neom
Banned

1) Take your deposit back
2) Talk to a different SA of the same shop and register your interest in another "special" piece (no idea what that means to you - is it monetary value? or do you really love it)
3) Wait on your "special" piece
For what it's worth, I refuse to do deposits unless I have something specifically in writing or a proof that I will receive it for sure, and would rather buy a watch that is readily available.
Legal - wise, I highly doubt you would stand a chance, just forget about it and move forward
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 06:42 PM   #122
Cogno
"TRF" Member

There’s only one way for a new customer to get a Royal Oak at retail price (with some waiting time of course) :
Go to the boutique and buy a code 11.59
All the rest is bla bla bla
Cogno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 02:49 AM   #123
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

I would go with option 1. Don't waste your resources.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 03:48 AM   #124
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I agree if it was an AD and not a boutique

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
If it’s an AD they may have lost the AP account and therefore can’t honour your order. Maybe they don’t want word to get out that they’ve lost the account but the reality is that AP are closing all or the vast majority of their ADs, it happened to mine last year and they only got 6 months notice.

If this is due to one of the reasons stated above by other forum members then I don’t see how a bad review now will help you further down the line if there’s something you want later, perhaps a watch from a different brand or a good price on some jewellery. It’s always worth leaving the door open for the future no matter how annoyed you feel right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 04:19 AM   #125
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

I think a face to face is needed to fully get the details correct. Record the conversation on your cell phone so that you can listen to it later and ensure that you have full accuracy. If there is no resolution from this discussion then contact AP and discuss this with them. Via email is best so that your detailed email can be forwarded to appropriate people within AP. I hope it works out for you. Very disappointing to have a deposit and then be told that you cannot have what was agreed to.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2021, 12:47 PM   #126
TomCarter
"TRF" Member

I had a similar situation with a Rolex AD. I placed a deposit for a hot model that the AD had agreed to special order for me. The SA called me about 4 months after placing the deposit to tell me it would have to be refunded and that the watch was no longer available for special order. I politely told the SA that I had my heart set on the model that I had placed the order for and would be happy to purchase other pieces while I continued to wait for my special order to come in. I used the credit from the deposit to purchase a different watch that was made available to me almost immediately (also a desirable model that I was happy to add to my collection). A couple of months later I got the call that the model I had special ordered was available for me to purchase. I think the AD was testing me to see whether I was going to be a 1 and done or a return customer for their store. Since then I have been allocated almost every watch that I express interest in within a few months time. My advice to you is to have a conversation with them and explain that you have your heart set on the watch that you ordered and that if it will not be available to you right away you would be happy to entertain purchasing other pieces in the meantime but that ultimately you aspire to purchasing the watch that you placed the order for in the near future. Choose another 3-4 watches that you would like to purchase and keep them in your back pocket for when the conversation goes there. Even if the model is discontinued if you play your cards right you should be allocated one of the new models fairly quickly.
TomCarter is offline   Reply With Quote