The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 September 2008, 02:00 AM   #1
Orchi
Banned

This 16800 Sub with "N" series case is questionable...also the Diver Links are FAKE.!

Err buddies...eBay PowerSeller - ibsober is listing a questionable watch...which is said to be 16800 Sub with "N" series Case...

Rolex 16800 Submariner
Serial Number N541243

As far as Orchi knows...Rolex 16800 Sub model was introduced from 1979 until 1988 or so...being the last year of production for this model...in "R" series case...

By 1989 or so with "R" n "L" series cases...Rolex introduced the current 16610 Submariner model which then briefly had Tritium Dial as compared with the later released of Luminova Dial Submariner 16610 by n from 1990 or so...

Despite the Seller having declared that the watch has Luminova Dial n Hands...it's still questionable why the watch has "N" series case which is dated around...1992.

The other fact about this questionable 16800 Sub watch...is about the FAKE Diver links in the 93150 bracelet assembly...!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Excellent-Rolex-...QQcmdZViewItem
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2008, 02:54 AM   #2
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...SPOT on Orchi...

....the buckle, folding clasp, and safety lever are definitely aftermarket.

....the safety lever rivit recesses are WRONG.

....the thumbnail recess on the buckle is WRONG.

....the endpieces and link sections MAY, repeat MAY, be genuine with this aftermarket buckle/clasp. Pic's are not clear enough to be certain. However, since this major part of the buckle is aftermarket, the ENTIRE band should be considered SUSPECT.

....my vote: needs TERRYNIZATION.

Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2008, 03:00 AM   #3
Orchi
Banned

Err thanks buddy Stan...for your correct feedbacks...

Guess this watch listing...come from the same eBay Seller of this other
questionable watch which is highlighted in this other thread...

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=51454
Old 15 September 2008, 03:21 AM   #4
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
....appears....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post
Err thanks buddy Stan...for your correct feedbacks...

Guess this watch listing...come from the same eBay Seller of this other
questionable watch which is highlighted in this other thread...

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=51454
...that way lil' buddy. Maybe he will learn something from this forum.

Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2008, 03:36 AM   #5
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
that gentleman is a well know seller on tz and several other forums as well.
I have talked to him about the watch in question and seen the pictures and I have to agree with him that it appears this watch is an "N" series.
I have seen "R" and "L",so why not an "N"?
apparently rolex had an abundance of the 3035 movements and 16800 cases and they where in production in limited supplies at least until 91'.
I have never seen a "C" series so this must be the cut-off date.
just my opinion.....
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2008, 12:22 PM   #6
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemulholland3 View Post
that gentleman is a well know seller on tz and several other forums as well.
I have talked to him about the watch in question and seen the pictures and I have to agree with him that it appears this watch is an "N" series.
I have seen "R" and "L",so why not an "N"?
apparently rolex had an abundance of the 3035 movements and 16800 cases and they where in production in limited supplies at least until 91'.
I have never seen a "C" series so this must be the cut-off date.
just my opinion.....
Err buddy Steve...your feedback is noted with thanks...

Orchi is still trying to find the correct catalogue page in the early 90s...to see if 16800 is still in them or not...

Otherwise...it would be tough for Orchi to realize that Rolex still produce 16800 for sale until "L" in 1990/91 or even "N" Series in 1992 or so...

That said "R" is possible...as Orchi recently learnt that 1988 was the cut off year when all transitional 16750/16760/168000/16800/16660/16550 sports models had new replacement model almost at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi
By 1989 or so with "R" n "L" series cases...Rolex introduced the current 16610 Submariner model which then briefly had Tritium Dial as compared with the later released of Luminova Dial Submariner 16610 by n from 1990 or so...
Err...correction to what Orchi quoted earlier...

Rolex introduced the current 16610 Sub model which then had Tritium Dial as compared with the later release of Luminova Dial Sub 16610 by n from 1999 or so...

But in this case...would your friend ibsober admit that he put a FAKE Diver links on that 93150 bracelet of the '16800' watch...?
Old 15 September 2008, 01:39 PM   #7
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
hes not my friend orchi-just have seen him sell a lot of watches-
axe it!!
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2008, 08:42 PM   #8
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Thanks for the heads up Orchi
swatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2008, 01:19 PM   #9
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...this relevant bad watches listed by eBay Seller - ibsober have been invalidated...by eBay!
Old 16 September 2008, 04:25 PM   #10
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...this posting is meant to address the issue raised by eBay Seller - ibsober...in another related thread...n just to set the record straight.

"Incidentally the 16800 was pullued because of the "N" serial I had two of these watches...john lutton and I had a long discussion and I even called Rolex Dallas about the serial. The movement is a 3035 the case is authentic yet I get the watch pulled because some gurus tell ebay its not possible to have a 16800 with an "N" serial. I will be glad to send the watch to either of you in the US...I'll pass on the Mayalsian trip and let you personally authenticate the watch or disprove the authenticity. As I have stated before it is not my intention to de-fraud anyone."

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=51643

Orchi had raised the RED flag on this listing in this thread...simply because Orchi has the following concerns which have been highlighted in Orchi's previous posting in this thread...also.

1. Orchi mentioned specifically that Orchi was n still is in doubt of the existence of 16800 with N series case ref#...

As a matter of fact however...Orchi has NOT specifically said that it is impossible for 16800 to come in N series case ref#...n that Orchi is still trying to find the relevant Rolex catalogue page issued from the 1990s to see if indeed Rolex was still producing that 16800 Sub...or not...to hopefully shed light into this issue.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....70&postcount=1
http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....96&postcount=6

2. Nevertheless...that 16800 watch...despite of it having the questionable N series case ref#...it clearly has in fact...as seen in the pictures posted in the watch listing by eBay Seller - Ibsober ...a set of FAKE Diver extension links...attached to its bracelet assembly.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....96&postcount=6

Old 19 September 2008, 02:50 PM   #11
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...this is an updated information that Orchi has received from Buddy Terry...concerning the issues highlighted in this thread...

As all of you can see...since the eBay listing has been invalidated by EBay...incidently all the pictures showing the FAKE Diver links are all gone...

Normally eBay does not do that...

Nevertheless...Orchi had opted to keep the entire thread n its contents verbatim on Orchi's own server...for future reference just in case...
Old 19 September 2008, 03:33 PM   #12
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post
Err buddies...this is an updated information that Orchi has received from Buddy Terry...concerning the issues highlighted in this thread...

As all of you can see...since the eBay listing has been invalidated by EBay...incidently all the pictures showing the FAKE Diver links are all gone...

Normally eBay does not do that...

Nevertheless...Orchi had opted to keep the entire thread n its contents verbatim on Orchi's own server...for future reference just in case...
Err buddies...now it is clearer to Orchi how it could be possible that the pictures are no longer available to be seen...

Those pictures were posted up in the original eBay listings from the Seller's own server(3rd party Image Hosting Service Provider)...they were NOT uploaded into eBay's server...originally.

Everyone knows eBay offers that as one of the listing options for all Sellers...

Hence...the Seller could exercise the option to pull down or delete the pictures from their own server(3rd party Image Hoisting Service Provider)...since eBay's server did not contain those pictures to begin with...

So it would seem that there would be no trace of the pictures in here or in eBay...unless somebody comes along the way to have downloaded the relevant pictures from the eBay's original listing or from here...Verbatim onto his or her own server...

Nevertheless...if the case gets drag to a court of law...it won't be too difficult for the court to issue a subpena to obtain the digital logs n trails of the server(3rd party Image Hosting Service Provider) belonging to the Seller...to ascertain the existence of those pictures...n for the Seller to justify their motives...why those pictures had to be deleted from their eBay listings n their own server(3rd party Image Hosting Service Provider)...to begin with.

IF the relevant Diver links were NOT fake...the pictures should be proudly displayed for all to see...as that would be seen as having nothing to hide...rather than having them deleted subsequently.

NOT all would be lost here...to offer the exact proof of pictures showing the those Diver links to be...FAKE.
Old 19 September 2008, 03:34 PM   #13
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Also, I never reported this watch as it does not state so in this post. I have been accused of having both of this sellers listings removed from E-Bay. I did not have anything to do with this one. I did report the other watch due to the report of the fake band. I then defended the seller as I stated in my previous post that the issue was easily resolvable by listing the watch without the band. There was an erroneous post mistakenly put in by Orchi on the other thread that I had this watch removed. I did report the other watch but not this one.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote