ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 February 2019, 10:42 AM   #1
sdcf30
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610
It's time for me to come out of the shadows

Hi Everyone! I've been a lurker for a while and figured I should introduce myself.

My love of watches began rather innocently about four years ago. I had just moved to Boston to start a new job and wanted to buy myself my first watch. I was 28 and had no idea what I was doing at the time. Inevitably, I overpaid for a chronograph with a Swiss Ronda movement. I wore that watch every day (and loved it) for over a year until I wanted to buy another watch. It was at that point where I began to research more about watches and immersed myself in the hobby.

My first mechanical watch was an Orient Bambino, which was quickly replaced by a Seiko, then another, then another, and so it goes. After I had I amassed a rather large Seiko collection, I began craving more. I sold off most of those watches to finance my first Rolex - a two tone Oyster Perpetual 1005.

The inevitable spiral into luxury watches began. My current collection is small, and includes a 1603 DateJust with a grey sunburst dial, an M Series 16610 Sub that I acquired today, and an SKX. I've made some mistakes in my collecting, which is par for the course I suppose, but I think I have a much better understanding of what I like and value as a result.

Anyway, that's my rant. Looking forward to talking watches with you all!

Steve
sdcf30 is offline   Reply With Quote