The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 January 2018, 11:24 AM   #31
Zedder
"TRF" Member

Walked into Raffi in Waterloo 2 weeks ago and walked out with a Sub for my Son. Don’t call...go there ready to buy and ask for Kevin or Sonia and try and make a deal. Great people to work with!
Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 12:59 PM   #32
crawlspacestefan
"TRF" Member

It’s been almost two years, but I was able to cross shop Birks, J. Vair and Brinkhaus for my Sub. They all had one in stock. Birks had great service but there was no wiggle room on price. J. Vair had mediocre service and instantly offered a 5% discount without me even asking. Brinkhaus had good service and we settled on a 7% discount.

Haven’t been in the shops recently, but clearly it was a good time for me to buy. Good luck!
crawlspacestefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 01:27 PM   #33
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I can virtually guarantee one of the half dozen GTA ADs has one in stock. I’d bet 20 that half of them have one in the case.
Yes indeed, saw two in the display case last week
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 01:33 PM   #34
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlspacestefan View Post
It’s been almost two years, but I was able to cross shop Birks, J. Vair and Brinkhaus for my Sub. They all had one in stock. Birks had great service but there was no wiggle room on price. J. Vair had mediocre service and instantly offered a 5% discount without me even asking. Brinkhaus had good service and we settled on a 7% discount.

Haven’t been in the shops recently, but clearly it was a good time for me to buy. Good luck!
I’d buy instantly from Brinkhaus if they offered me the same deal. Unfortunately none of the AD’s I’ve spoken to the last few days here in Toronto have anything in stock, nor will they discount.
TreadEverSoLightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 01:45 PM   #35
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
Walked into Raffi in Waterloo 2 weeks ago and walked out with a Sub for my Son. Don’t call...go there ready to buy and ask for Kevin or Sonia and try and make a deal. Great people to work with!

I’d love to pick up and go to Waterloo but it’s only worth the trip for me if they’ve got a watch that I want in stock. Were they willing to discount your sub purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 January 2018, 03:46 PM   #36
Zedder
"TRF" Member

They had subs and sub dates in the case last week...and offered me a Batman while I was there. As I said, go in to buy and work your best deal. I was very happy with my purchase and I am waiting on another Rolex to arrive soon...
Old 27 January 2018, 08:33 PM   #37
ejvette
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: me break clays..
Just call one of the TRF trusted resellers and have in your hands in a matter of days

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
ejvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 01:09 AM   #38
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvette View Post
Just call one of the TRF trusted resellers and have in your hands in a matter of days
Dude, the OP lives in Canada. Customs is going to be all over that watch if he buys it from someone on TRF, and let's face it, 99% of the postings are US residents.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 01:21 AM   #39
514guy
"TRF" Member

Try Bijouterie Italienne in Montreal and Fernand Racine in Shawinigan if you're willing to shop in La Belle Province. Last time I spoke with them both had the SubC and Batman in stock.

Cheers & good luck!
514guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 01:30 AM   #40
stratguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
My advice to the OP is buy one wherever you can even if you need to pay tax. Supply is not getting any better. Good luck.
stratguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 04:04 AM   #41
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratguy View Post
My advice to the OP is buy one wherever you can even if you need to pay tax. Supply is not getting any better. Good luck.

I did just that.

I moved a few things around this morning and went over to Raffi in Waterloo. Picked up my first Rolex - a Sub Date 116610LN. Sandra helped my wife and I with the sale, she was very accommodating and professional. I would highly recommend her.

Thanks to everyone here for their input. Much appreciated.

Old 28 January 2018, 04:39 AM   #42
stratguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
That's fantastic - congrats! You can't go wrong with a Sub Date. Wear it in good health. I grew up in the Toronto area and really miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadEverSoLightly View Post
I did just that.

I moved a few things around this morning and went over to Raffi in Waterloo. Picked up my first Rolex - a Sub Date 116610LN. Sandra helped my wife and I with the sale, she was very accommodating and professional. I would highly recommend her.

Thanks to everyone here for their input. Much appreciated.

stratguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 04:40 AM   #43
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratguy View Post
That's fantastic - congrats! You can't go wrong with a Sub Date. Wear it in good health. I grew up in the Toronto area and really miss it.

Thanks! I was surprised to see it in the showcase. They just received it in their last shipment, when I saw it I knew that’s truly what I wanted.

Old 28 January 2018, 06:07 AM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Glad it worked out for you. Raffi are good people in my experience
Old 28 January 2018, 08:02 AM   #45
Zedder
"TRF" Member

Awesome! I was there this afternoon and asked about a Sub for you, but there were none left...I guess because you grabbed it!
Old 28 January 2018, 10:45 AM   #46
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Glad it worked out for you. Raffi are good people in my experience

They were great! Cheers man.

Old 28 January 2018, 10:45 AM   #47
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
Awesome! I was there this afternoon and asked about a Sub for you, but there were none left...I guess because you grabbed it!

Ahh! Good timing on my part. Thanks for looking out

Old 29 January 2018, 10:59 AM   #48
EP32k2
"TRF" Member

Was at Raffi Yorkdale today, didn't pay attention to SS pro models though as I'm trying to decide on a PM watch. They had BLRO, smurf, yellow gold sub and they are bringing I the yellow gold blue dial/bezel from Mississauga for me to see. So they have a lot of PM watches in-stock lol. They are not my normal AD and just happen to browse there.

Looks like BLRO is going to be the one!
EP32k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 11:36 AM   #49
biscotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP32k2 View Post
Was at Raffi Yorkdale today, didn't pay attention to SS pro models though as I'm trying to decide on a PM watch. They had BLRO, smurf, yellow gold sub and they are bringing I the yellow gold blue dial/bezel from Mississauga for me to see. So they have a lot of PM watches in-stock lol. They are not my normal AD and just happen to browse there.

You should be able to negotiate a decent discount on PM. Good luck!
biscotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 11:43 AM   #50
Daytoner18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
You should be able to negotiate a decent discount on PM. Good luck!
Raffi Yorkdale is not going to give a discount even on PM sports models. Especially not popular ones. I would go else where
Daytoner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 11:43 AM   #51
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP32k2 View Post

I was there too today and saw a SS Date Sub and ND Sub in the case. Not sure if they are for sale though as others have reported they are only for display.

For a model like the BLRO you should only buy with a hefty discount as the resales on that one are disastrous. For that reason I wouldn't go to them - they told a relative of mine they couldn't move on price on a ladies Platinum Datejust, while there is plenty of negotiating room at other ADs on a slow moving and hard to sell model like that.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 11:52 AM   #52
Zedder
"TRF" Member

You need to go to Raffi Kitchener...very different experience there.
Old 29 January 2018, 12:21 PM   #53
Alex21
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by 514guy View Post
Try Bijouterie Italienne in Montreal and Fernand Racine in Shawinigan if you're willing to shop in La Belle Province. Last time I spoke with them both had the SubC and Batman in stock.

Cheers & good luck!
Bijouterie Italienne doesn't have it anymore. Bought it couple of weeks ago. Great AD though. As for Shawinigan, you'll have to order it.
Alex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 12:29 PM   #54
EP32k2
"TRF" Member

Yup PM resale is horrendous but this one is for keeps. Totally agree on a hefty discount and would only buy from my AD that I have purchased all my Rolexes from as they have treated me generously.
EP32k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 01:25 PM   #55
cwyyz
"TRF" Member

Which AD do you guys recommend for potential discount in the GTA? I'm planning to visit Damiani/ Raffi this week to find a sub/gmt, thanks so much!
cwyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2018, 02:43 PM   #56
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyyz View Post
Which AD do you guys recommend for potential discount in the GTA? I'm planning to visit Damiani/ Raffi this week to find a sub/gmt, thanks so much!
Everyone seems to rave about Damiani although I’ve never been. I think Raffi and RDV are hit or miss depending on who you’re dealing with and if they know you
Old 29 January 2018, 11:46 PM   #57
TreadEverSoLightly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyyz View Post

Hey man, I’m OP - just bought my first sub, really in love with it.

From my research in the last few weeks, I think a discount on a Sub (and likely a GMT as well) will be tough to come by here in the GTA. These pieces are in high demand and the supply is low right now - ADs have no incentive to take profit off the top when they have other buyers ready.

If you’re looking for a recommendation, Sandra at Raffi Waterloo was very helpful. Had a great experience buying my first Rolex.

Old 23 August 2018, 10:04 PM   #58
boroboy2k5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner D
Hi Guys

I'm visiting Toronto Mid September 2018 and would like to purchase my 2nd Rolex while I'm there.

I've been looking for the GMT Master II 2018 pepsi. Ive got my name on the waiting list of several ADs in the UK, but they are quoting waiting times of upto 18 months.

I was wondering if any of the AD in Toronto had this model available or any other GMT Master II SS models.

I'm staying in the downtown Toronto area and will be in Toronto for 2-3 days during a business trip.

any help with locating this was would be great

Thanks Boroboy
boroboy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2018, 10:13 PM   #59
FirstF80InSpace
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboy2k5 View Post
Hi Guys

I'm visiting Toronto Mid September 2018 and would like to purchase my 2nd Rolex while I'm there.

I've been looking for the GMT Master II 2018 pepsi. Ive got my name on the waiting list of several ADs in the UK, but they are quoting waiting times of upto 18 months.

I was wondering if any of the AD in Toronto had this model available or any other GMT Master II SS models.

I'm staying in the downtown Toronto area and will be in Toronto for 2-3 days during a business trip.

any help with locating this was would be great

Thanks Boroboy
I think you will be out of luck. The AD's in the GTA, for the most part, have even stopped taking names on a list.
FirstF80InSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2018, 10:58 PM   #60
oysterflexer
Banned

Watch: SOON.
Christ man, buy the bastard used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadEverSoLightly View Post
Hi all,

Longtime lurker, finally registered today. I've been collecting watches for 5 years and am finally ready to purchase my first Rolex - a brand new Sub 116610LN! Excited to join the club and wear the Sub in good health.

I've now started to reach out to dealers and was quite surprised at my first feedback from Birks in Calgary - I was added to a "lottery list". They receive stock randomly and will call those on the list if their desired watch comes in. From there, if I was chosen, I would have to purchase the watch within 24 hours.

I'm from Toronto but have family in Calgary and think it would be best to buy there for tax purposes.

I knew getting a new Sub would be difficult, but is this really the buying process? It could certainly turn off new watch enthusiasts (not myself, just saying).

Any advice or insight into making the buying experience more pleasure would be welcome and thanks again!
oysterflexer is offline   Reply With Quote