The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old Today, 12:35 PM   #1
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Looking for gift ideas for relatives in Europe

We are taking a huge family vacation (husband and adult kids) this summer to Europe, to visit my grandparents’ birthplace etc., so we are visiting cousins (three different families, with people of all ages) who will show us around, drive us, etc. We are paying our own way, except for one leg of the trip where we are staying with a relative at his summer house (at his request; I’d already booked a hotel). We have never been there, and are looking forward to it. All of the relatives have visited the US at some point.

I am looking for suggestions as to what kind of gifts to bring from America, as I know the TRF community is international, and also classy and thoughtful.

As we are flying from the US and so luggage space is finite, a gift like wine or anything breakable or heavy is obviously out of the question. We can certainly treat them to meals etc. but I’d also like to bring some mementos.

Right now I was thinking of sweatshirts/t shirts from the university my kids attend (which is in the Pacific NW), as it’s something they can’t get there and it’s relatively easy to pack. If we were from an area known for its cuisine, such as Texas (which we aren’t) I’d bring some local spice rub or a cookbook. Is locally roasted whole bean coffee a good idea? That somehow doesn’t seem “nice” enough.

What gifts would you bring?

Thanks!
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #2
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
I don’t have suggestions for gifts, but I do suggest that before you decide on something and make purchases, you should check to see what types of things are prohibited from being brought or sent in. Several years ago I wanted to send some things to a cousin who still lives in the comune in Italy where my father’s family is from, and I was surprised at the seemingly innocuous stuff that wasn’t allowed.
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote