The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 March 2021, 10:23 AM   #1
bremersm
Banned

214270 Resizing Question Links versus Easy Clasp

After a lot of thinking about the motto; "Less is More", I have chosen to sell off my very modest collection to trade up to my first Rolex. I am awaiting the watch from a pre-owned shop I have used before and should have the watch in 10 days when I get back from a family vacation. I will share more about the watch and my journey in another thread and include photos but for now I am prepping for its arrival and the very likely resizing it will need. I have resized bracelets in the past but never a Rolex with the Easylink. I do have all the tools needed and plan to buy the proper Loctite.

I have small wrists and like to wear my watches on the tighter side. Based on this should I size the and the easylink to the smallest position and remove fewer links for remove more links but leave some adjustment in the easylink mechanism?

Sorry if this has been covered. I did my best to search.
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2021, 03:09 PM   #2
Hub6152
Banned

No one can really answer this as we can’t see your wrists and the watch together! Stop overthinking it. It’s very simple. Size it with the easy link in the middle unless you need to move it!
Hub6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2021, 03:10 PM   #3
Hub6152
Banned

One tip - if the link screws are tight use a lighter to heat up the opposite end from the screw head and soften the thread lock. Any soot is easily wiped away.
Hub6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2021, 05:09 PM   #4
Oldfellow
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub6152 View Post
No one can really answer this as we can’t see your wrists and the watch together! Stop overthinking it. It’s very simple. Size it with the easy link in the middle unless you need to move it!
Don’t think the East link has any “middle” adjustment.
Suggest size with the Easy link set at the smallest (closed)position, and remove links as necessary.
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2021, 07:36 PM   #5
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
One tip - if the link screws are tight use a lighter to heat up the opposite end from the screw head and soften the thread lock. Any soot is easily wiped away.
Yes, better start with heating straight away. Easy to destroy screw pins. I ruined many
Old 29 March 2021, 09:08 PM   #6
bremersm
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

I do tend to overthink things/ I did notice in a very good video that the host mentioned using a heat source to loosen the Loctire. That you for confirming.
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
214270 , easylink , explorer 1 , resize