The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 February 2018, 10:28 AM   #61
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm20 View Post
I know there's been a lot of discussion about different AD tactics as of late, but wanted to share my little adventure yesterday. I received a call last week from my AD that a sub no date was just received and I was the next one on the list if I wanted it. I decided to pass (waiting for Basel and didn't want to pay full price as they weren't discounting it at all). Fast forward to yesterday when I was close by so I dropped in to see the stock. The sub no date wasn't there, in fact the only sub was a bluesy, which I did show some interest in as I think that will be my next acquisition. My normal rep wasn't there so someone else was helping me. We did discuss the no date and she mentioned "I may be able to get you one of those." I asked how soon out of curiosity as there weren't any in the case. She replied with, "oh, we don't put those types of models on display anymore, they're in the back." I was pretty shocked at this, and sorry if it has been discussed before, but makes me wonder if any other AD's do this? Definitely a turn off for me...just wanted to share. Have a great weekend everyone!

Unfortunately that’s a very common practice now! To the point that people take it as “normal” !
Old 26 February 2018, 10:28 AM   #62
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticknaway View Post
A lot of other brands are starting to look really attractive right now!
I will show you something very interesting. That's a photo of a Brand New Jan 2018 Omega Planet Ocean 43.5 Cal 8900 Co-Ax Master Chronometer on display at the flagship Omega boutique, Starhill Gallery, KL and it's the 0nly 0ne for sale in the whole of Malaysia this year. It's not even available in any Swiss Watch galleries elsewhere.No kidding.The GM told me over the phone that business at the boutique had picked up and brisk for popular models in the last 6 months, prior to this one shown here, the last blue and black ceramic models were snapped up within a week after they were displayed in the glass cabinet a few months back. Just to remind everyone here that customers out there have a choice and if bullied, they will take their business elsewhere without hesitation. So what happen to this model? Well, I decided to upgrade and sold off my 7yr old PO LM Blue Ti Cal 8500 and bought this One
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 10:31 AM   #63
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Yeah I think most AD’s have succumb to this now. Can’t blame them. They have to keep their VIP’s happy and they just don’t have enough inventory to go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 February 2018, 11:16 AM   #64
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

my AD had two SD43s, one sub, one blnr, one hulk, and 1 daytona black in the vault - held for special VIP customers just in case...

this is normal and they've always done this, not just during this recent SS shortage. perhaps they are even more selective now as to who they will bring things out of their vault for
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:18 AM   #65
Timetracker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
I will show you something very interesting. That's a photo of a Brand New Jan 2018 Omega Planet Ocean 43.5 Cal 8900 Co-Ax Master Chronometer on display at the flagship Omega boutique, Starhill Gallery, KL and it's the 0nly 0ne for sale in the whole of Malaysia this year. It's not even available in any Swiss Watch galleries elsewhere.No kidding.The GM told me over the phone that business at the boutique had picked up and brisk for popular models in the last 6 months, prior to this one shown here, the last blue and black ceramic models were snapped up within a week after they were displayed in the glass cabinet a few months back. Just to remind everyone here that customers out there have a choice and if bullied, they will take their business elsewhere without hesitation. So what happen to this model? Well, I decided to upgrade and sold off my 7yr old PO LM Blue Ti Cal 8500 and bought this One
I like the PO’s, nice going.
Timetracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:28 AM   #66
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetracker View Post
I like the PO’s, nice going
Why, Thank You Mr Timetracker. It just so happens I'm wearing it right now
Old 26 February 2018, 11:33 AM   #67
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
This is what happens when everyone goes for the same popular models.

Time to switch to Grand Seiko....
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 11:47 AM   #68
drm20
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Just one more
Quote:

That looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 12:08 PM   #69
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Very nice. Is it it also liquid metal?

Quote:
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 12:27 PM   #70
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Very nice. Is it it also liquid metal?
Yes Sir, liquid metal fills up the recess cavities of all the markers and arabic numerals on the pure ceramic bezel. What's also interesting to note is that the entire watch is really glossy ; ceramic dial & bezel +applied numerals & hour markers + logo have mirror like polish ( except date aperture which has a matte finish) sort of bling-bling Rolex Factor as if Omega took a leaf out of Rolex's recipe!
Old 26 February 2018, 05:27 PM   #71
jakeysrolex
Banned

Watch: 116619
Maybe Rolex AD's are learning things from Ferrari's playbook. Hey let's annoy the living f*ck out of prospective customers, because hey what could go wrong with that strategy.

Last 100k I spent on Rolex? Gray market dealers, 100%. F*ck the ridiculousness that are all the AD games. Don't have the stock, don't have the prices, all a bunch of attitudes and not worth giving the $$ to keep them in business.
jakeysrolex is offline   Reply With Quote