The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 4 January 2024, 08:33 PM   #1
syahriltaher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Help, the day of the week on my IWC Top Gun Perp. Calendar is not correct

Guys,

Just purchased a nice pre owned IWC Top Gun Perp. Calendar. I asked the watch to be adjusted correctly. Now the year, the date and the month already correct. But the day isn't.

The Seller said it can be adjusted easily by IWC watchmaker.

I plan to go to IWC service center tomorrow.

Anyone ever had the same experience before? How much does it cost to set the day of the week at IWC Service Centre?

Best Regards,
- Rolex RG Daytona 116505 - Rolex SS Submariner "Hulk" - Rolex SS Sky Dweller "Black Dial" - Rolex SS GMT Master II 16710 "Coke" - Rolex GMT Master II CHNR "Rootbeer" TT - Rolex SS Daytona Ceramic 116500LN "Black Dial" - Rolex 126710 "New Batman" 2022 - Rolex SS/WG Datejust 41 126334 "Blue Roman" - Panerai "PAM 88" GMT - Omega New Moonwatch 3861
syahriltaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 09:30 PM   #2
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
I think IWC service should help you and explain to you how to make corrections by yourself next time. I have no idea how much it will cost
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 10:49 PM   #3
Chopper87
"TRF" Member

I'm not familiar with the watch, but I think you cannot do this yourself once it's out of sync.
Sounds like someone moved the hands backwards at some point, which doesn't move everything backwards if certain parts are set by a spring or lever mechanism which can only advance in one direction instead of simply moving gears and wheels back and forth.

I have no clue about the costs, but if IWC charges you anything and perhaps has to fix something, I would ask the seller to pay the bill. He's the one who sold you a watch with an issue in the end.
Chopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 02:19 AM   #4
SpecialK888
"TRF" Member

Doesn't Sound Good

First caveat is I don't have the IWC PC, although it is on the radar.

However, I believe the whole point of the Kurt Klaus movement is that everything is synchronised, that's why it is one of the only PC movements without pushers on the case to adjust individual components. The whole point of the movement is that it never gets out of sync and only needs adjusting once every c.100yrs.

For your watch to have been de-synchronised makes me think someone has wound it backwards which I'm pretty certain is a no no with this calibre.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the seller is being optimistic saying this can easily be adjusted by IWC. I was on an IWC watchmaking course last year and the PC came up in conversation. I got the impression if anything ever goes wrong it can be quite a job to sort it out as only a few IWC watchmakers are qualified to work on the PC movement.

I hope I'm wrong and it is an easy issue to resolve, but I'd certainly be making sure that the seller is ready to compensate you / refund you should this be a bigger issue than the seller has suggested.

Good luck.
SpecialK888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 08:46 PM   #5
SpecialK888
"TRF" Member

OP, how did you get on at the IWC service centre?
Old 7 January 2024, 02:02 AM   #6
syahriltaher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK888 View Post
OP, how did you get on at the IWC service centre?
Decided not to go to IWC and went directly to ask for a full refund. A friend of mine advised me not to mess with mechanical failure of a Perp. Calendar watch....will take a very long time to fix and considerable amount of money....

Better ask for a full refund then.....and luckily the seller agreed and all back.to square one now....
- Rolex RG Daytona 116505 - Rolex SS Submariner "Hulk" - Rolex SS Sky Dweller "Black Dial" - Rolex SS GMT Master II 16710 "Coke" - Rolex GMT Master II CHNR "Rootbeer" TT - Rolex SS Daytona Ceramic 116500LN "Black Dial" - Rolex 126710 "New Batman" 2022 - Rolex SS/WG Datejust 41 126334 "Blue Roman" - Panerai "PAM 88" GMT - Omega New Moonwatch 3861
syahriltaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 03:06 AM   #7
SpecialK888
"TRF" Member

I think you made the correct decision. Enjoy the search for a replacement.
Old 7 January 2024, 08:12 AM   #8
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK888 View Post
I think you made the correct decision. Enjoy the search for a replacement.
+1. Well done OP.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote