The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 February 2021, 02:38 AM   #61
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
I don't think this is accurate as he completely took out a large sign in the middle of the median. Post a link to that footage please, as I suspect it is NOT the footage from Woods' car.
I didn't say it was footage from Wood's car. I said it was footage from a car traveling the route. I can see how he drifted to left if he wasn't paying complete attention to the road.
Old 28 February 2021, 04:59 AM   #62
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Tiger Woods in a serious car accident in LA

My wife has a Hyundai palisade that has a self centering adaptive cruise control. This vehicle being a Hyundai family product I believe has a similar system.

When it takes a somewhat aggressive bend at speed it occasionally will exit the “self drive” mode with a beep and warning.

It’s possible he was using the self centering cruise control “highway driving assistant” and became too complacent texting. The car stopped steering and he reacted too slow? Idk just a thought I have done no research on what happened here.
Old 1 March 2021, 11:36 AM   #63
watchbobby
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
This was certainly an unfortunate incident. But I do have a couple of questions/comments.

First of all, sorry to hear about this. Tiger's been through a lot in his career (both good and bad) and this is the last thing he needed.

Now- to those wishing him a speedy recovery, have you ever been in an accident and/or had surgery? Recovery is not speedy; it's usually a long, painful and tedious process. I know you all mean well, but let's be realistic about it. Here's hoping it goes well for him (and so far it sounds like it is)

Secondly, the news reports keep saying he was in a rollover accident, but seeing pictures of the vehicle I see no evidence of that (crushed side pillars and roof; broken side windows). Pretty sever damage mostly limited to the front and rear ends of the vehicle but not much else. And even though there were no skid marks and the car had an ABS braking system, if he had braked he would have stopped sooner than he did. Maybe excessive speed, he fell asleep, or who knows what (at this point) actually happened?

Like him or not, he is one of golf's greatest and I just hope he recovers to live a productive life, whether or not it's on a golf course.
watchbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 01:36 PM   #64
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Two things.... I hope he’s ok ASAP.....and Genesis couldn’t have asked for a better inadvertent endorsement.

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:08 AM   #65
Boothroyd

83 MPH. He was definitely in a hurry. Haven't heard anything on his rehab progress. Perhaps there will be some kind of update during the Masters.
Old 8 April 2021, 07:36 AM   #66
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
83 MPH. He was definitely in a hurry. Haven't heard anything on his rehab progress. Perhaps there will be some kind of update during the Masters.
Skip to 21.55

https://youtu.be/jcIKM_6Dlb4?t=1315
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:55 AM   #67
Boothroyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Great story...thanks!
Old 8 April 2021, 10:16 AM   #68
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

So speeding, reckless driving... What other charges is he facing?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:48 PM   #69
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
So speeding, reckless driving... What other charges is he facing?
Other charges? That would be none. The local Sheriff said that Tiger received "no special treatment" and, since there were no witnesses, there would be no charges filed. Seems hard to believe, and I’m a fan.
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 08:27 PM   #70
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post
Other charges? That would be none. The local Sheriff said that Tiger received "no special treatment" and, since there were no witnesses, there would be no charges filed. Seems hard to believe, and I’m a fan.
I also am a huge fan but they have evidence he was driving double the speed, didn’t hit the brakes and crashed at 75. Very specific info from this “report” or “investigation”. How does he not get at minimum an excessive speed ticket. I promise if this was you or I we would have gotten some sort of citation.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 11:15 PM   #71
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
I also am a huge fan but they have evidence he was driving double the speed, didn’t hit the brakes and crashed at 75. Very specific info from this “report” or “investigation”. How does he not get at minimum an excessive speed ticket. I promise if this was you or I we would have gotten some sort of citation.
Nah, speaking from experience, you can crash your car doing the dumbest of things and police will generally let you go if your not impaired. I crashed a few vehicles in highschool. Even had a buddy roll over his Jeep while we were trespassing on some random guys property and were never cited, and the police even let us drive our busted stuff home. As long as no one else is involved the accident itself is generally lesson enough for most. Tiger losing the ability to compete had to of cost him millions, what would a civil infraction really serve?
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 12:13 AM   #72
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Reckless
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 05:51 AM   #73
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
If it were you or I, they would have never wasted the time to pull data like that from the car. If someone has a stroke and runs stop signs and crashes, they don't give that person a ticket.

LA Sheriffs Dept. is a POS organization.......these are the same clowns who thought it was cool to share photos of Kobe's dead body.

Leave Tiger alone....he didn't do anything criminal. My guess is he was on medication and crashed on accident.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 07:54 AM   #74
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
If it were you or I, they would have never wasted the time to pull data like that from the car. If someone has a stroke and runs stop signs and crashes, they don't give that person a ticket.

LA Sheriffs Dept. is a POS organization.......these are the same clowns who thought it was cool to share photos of Kobe's dead body.

Leave Tiger alone....he didn't do anything criminal. My guess is he was on medication and crashed on accident.

How many times you been banned so far?
Old 9 April 2021, 10:26 AM   #75
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Property damage only crash, injury only to the driver. VERY unlikely that an agency is going to start citing people for misdemeanor offenses like that which were not witnessed by law enforcement.

It’s California. The county probably has a shipping container full of unprocessed felonies. Do they REALLY want to write a $250 reckless driving ticket to a guy who will either shake that much money out of his sunglass case and pay it, or send a $10,000 per hour attorney to court to get it tossed?

If he hit a bus full of nuns instead of a tree, they would handle it diffently, I assure you.
CashGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 10:31 AM   #76
Paul7
Banned

Here is the crash report, he was going 75mph when he hit the tree:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/07/tiger...led-lasd-golf/
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 11:25 AM   #77
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
Nah, speaking from experience, you can crash your car doing the dumbest of things and police will generally let you go if your not impaired. I crashed a few vehicles in highschool. Even had a buddy roll over his Jeep while we were trespassing on some random guys property and were never cited, and the police even let us drive our busted stuff home. As long as no one else is involved the accident itself is generally lesson enough for most. Tiger losing the ability to compete had to of cost him millions, what would a civil infraction really serve?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashGap View Post
Property damage only crash, injury only to the driver. VERY unlikely that an agency is going to start citing people for misdemeanor offenses like that which were not witnessed by law enforcement.

It’s California. The county probably has a shipping container full of unprocessed felonies. Do they REALLY want to write a $250 reckless driving ticket to a guy who will either shake that much money out of his sunglass case and pay it, or send a $10,000 per hour attorney to court to get it tossed?

If he hit a bus full of nuns instead of a tree, they would handle it diffently, I assure you.
Fair enough makes sense.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 11:55 AM   #78
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:

First, it was poor judgement on an individual basis to reveal photos, not an agency.

Second, driving 40 mph over the speed limit is criminal. There were 42,000 traffic related deaths last year in the United States; I assure you, speed was a factor in most. I do not look at it as being ok because he happened to hit a tree vs a loaded family van, this was merely the grace of God.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 12:36 PM   #79
favre12rodgers
Banned

Tiger Woods in a serious car accident in LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
How many times you been banned so far?

Spare me with your BS. Now I see how you have 30,000 some posts. Get a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 10:51 AM   #80
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Spare me with your BS. Now I see how you have 30,000 some posts. Get a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10 April 2021, 11:46 PM   #81
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Leave Tiger alone....he didn't do anything criminal....... My guess is he was on medication and crashed on accident.
Lets see.......impaired and doing 40MPH over the speed limit.

He needs a driver.

Get it, a driver, ...golf..... a driver.........never mind.
Old 11 April 2021, 03:02 AM   #82
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Medication is considered DUI..FYI!

They just said TW thought he was in Fl and not Ca while speaking to first deputy onscene...
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 10:45 AM   #83
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
Medication is considered DUI..FYI!

They just said TW thought he was in Fl and not Ca while speaking to first deputy onscene...
He was impaired and passed out, most likely. But we'll never know. The police decided NOT to test his blood. Celebrity has it's privileges.
Old 11 April 2021, 06:27 PM   #84
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Lucky nobody else got hurt, that’s the most important thing.
Old 12 April 2021, 11:05 AM   #85
Paul7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunron View Post
He was impaired and passed out, most likely. But we'll never know. The police decided NOT to test his blood. Celebrity has it's privileges.
Not a big news flash this country has a two-tiered justice system.
Old 12 April 2021, 11:06 AM   #86
Paul7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Lucky nobody else got hurt, that’s the most important thing.
So that means he shouldn't have been charged with impaired driving?
Old 12 April 2021, 11:35 PM   #87
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Not a big news flash this country has a two-tiered justice system.
Same as it ever was.

169742928_2125651874237849_4821978730804583750_n.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 07:31 AM   #88
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
So that means he shouldn't have been charged with impaired driving?
Quite the contrary, DUI is a big no