The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 June 2011, 05:09 AM   #91
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Where I live is "safe," but the cop in me tells me that anything can happen anywhere. Lock your car, lock your house, and you'll remove about 95% of your problems.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2011, 05:07 AM   #92
KarlFr
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
Truly amazing shot!! Talk about beautiful! I wonder if they have cable tv though Tony and cell reception?
Everything covered in the Norwegian fjords
It's on UNESCO world heritage list, and recommend a visit
Moved here from London and the only thing I really miss except the very polite Londoners are Sushi 3am in the morning (here they don't open until 8)
KarlFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2011, 05:15 AM   #93
DMJ

Watch: DSSD, SD4000
Very safe in Swansea, South Wales.
DMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2011, 04:53 PM   #94
keschete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
I live in South Louisiana and people are so tacky here that no one even thinks my watch is real....hehehe. I have a SS womens datejust with diamond dial and aftermarket diamond bezel. I also wear a 3k tennis bracelet and not one single person even thinks they are real...hehehehe...
Old 17 June 2011, 05:00 PM   #95
onkyo
Banned

Yes I would consider my city safe....... NYC.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2011, 03:04 AM   #96
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widows Son View Post
Where I live is "safe," but the cop in me tells me that anything can happen anywhere. Lock your car, lock your house, and you'll remove about 95% of your problems.
Yep, when you are a cop you get sent to all these seemingly safe places where people were victimized to take a report. Makes you on edge 24/7 even off duty with an attitude of "It ain't gonna happen to me and I dare you to try."

Hell of a way to live your life when you feel naked if you mistakenly run down to the store for some milk and suddenly realize that you left your off duty/backup at home. Hated that feeling and lifestyle.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2011, 07:13 AM   #97
blackmsport
Banned

Vancouver is not safe after a hockey game

I think North Korea Capital city is very very safe

No crime there
blackmsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2011, 11:35 AM   #98
dbphotos
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6!
Dallas Fort Worth suburb, so very safe and I always carry protection.

Rolex DD YG 18238 | Rolex 1675 Pepsi | Rolex 14060 |
Rolex Vintage 6694 | Rolex TT 16013 | Tudor Tiger 79280P on Shark strap | a whole bunch of misc watches
dbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2011, 07:14 PM   #99
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyinrio View Post
Do you live in a safe enviroment? Can you wear your Rolex safe from beeing robbed? I ask this because we have a lot of members living all over the world and this could be a red light or a green meaning, yes, you are safe wearing your Rolex in my town. For instance, I live in São Paulo wich is the mos important city in Brasil and is very dangerous to wear a Rolex here.They have gangs specialized on Rolexes. What I usually do is, I put my watch in my pocket and when I get to the place/building I'm suppose to go when I get to the elevator I wear my watch. It's terrible but this is how we deal with this situation. When I used to live in Manhattan I had no worries.How about you, where do you live and is it safe?
Well IMHO this type of thread and the many Internet myths about Rolex watches in general.You talk about gangs that go around to steal and target Rolex watches.Its simple if any thief mugger etc is going to rob you he/she is going to take what ever valuables you got.Now this could happen in any city town in the world today.Myself have travelled quite a bit and to what some call quite risky countries,but never had a problem with whatever watch I was wearing.Yes you should be careful but if you do not make it obvious that you have valuables on your person,then you should be as safe as any other town country in this world today.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote