The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 February 2016, 08:45 AM   #31
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
This whole thread is nuts.

First off, beautiful car you are getting. Big congrats.

I've never been the kind of guy that got too into the details. Fast is fast, and I'm not going to breaking the sound barrier anytime soon

I took my 2015 Mustang 5.0 GT out today for the first time in months. 425hp 0-60 in 4.4 I think. But truth is, I'll never ever even come close to that.

It's slow like a turtle compared to what you guys are all referencing, but feels fast as heck to me.

Enjoy the M2. It's a really good looking car.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2016, 10:12 AM   #32
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSubmariner View Post
No m2 but the S3 I picked up last night:)
Beautiful color.
threemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2016, 10:19 AM   #33
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Long Beach Blue is good looking color. Congratz!

I just picked up an M6 a few weeks ago and LOVE It!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2016, 11:02 AM   #34
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
i used to have an e46 M3 and nothing BMW M has released since then has come close to being in the true spirit of ///M. that being said, i saw the M2 in person at the Chicago Auto Show last night and it is pretty awesome. would love to drive it and see how it compares to the e46. loved the visceral feeling of that car.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2016, 12:24 AM   #35
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
I picked up a used M235i last week. While it's not the M2, after it's modified with a Stage 2 tune it will outperform the M2. But the wheels and body styling on the M2 are great looking, if I could afford it that's the route I would have gone. Congrats on the new car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 235.jpg (152.0 KB, 231 views)
Old 17 February 2016, 02:02 AM   #36
rouxeny
"TRF" Member

I have an 08 E93 M3 and am actively looking for a replacement. The M2 is at the top of the list, but I'm hoping to see some reviews first.

I sat in a M235, and had a chance to cautiously drive it. Honestly, it felt a little small, and I didn't feel that there was any "wow" factor, although admittedly I drove it very conservatively.

The review embargo ends today!
rouxeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2016, 02:53 AM   #37
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxeny View Post
I have an 08 E93 M3 and am actively looking for a replacement. The M2 is at the top of the list, but I'm hoping to see some reviews first.

I sat in a M235, and had a chance to cautiously drive it. Honestly, it felt a little small, and I didn't feel that there was any "wow" factor, although admittedly I drove it very conservatively.

The review embargo ends today!
I've just picked up the F20 version and really pleased ok it not a full fat M car but it's a cracker

Spec'd quite a few options and with the adaptive suspension in comfort mode and normal auto its such an easy drive, but switch to Sport + and Sport auto it will hold its own.

Did test the M3 which is a proper M car but as this needs to be my wife's daily and just my weekend car I made the decision not compromise and opted for the M135i

Not the best pic as the weathers been rubbish but here's my new toy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.7 KB, 207 views)
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2016, 06:45 AM   #38
cruise_bone
"TRF" Member

Nice! Congrats!

I am on the allocation wait list for a 2016 M3. Still deciding on color before pulling the Trigger but it looks like a June or July Euro Delivery for me. Aside for the possibility of a special paint, I am essentially getting no options.
cruise_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2016, 11:18 PM   #39
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Nice review here:

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/m2/first-drive

Sure to be an amazing car!
Old 17 February 2016, 11:30 PM   #40
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Here's my take on the M2:
(Just quoted a post I wrote regarding this car in the Bimmer forums, moreso compared to the M3/4s but in general as well)

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't like it, it's incredibly attractive for sure especially in blue and vs the M4, I might actually like it a tiny bit more. I just don't like it for my purpose more than an M3/4.
It's a small car, it will feel more tossable and agile because of the smaller footprint, but it is the little sibling. The F8x is the middle sweet spot and then the M5/6 go all on horse power but with the refined touches for high way destroying.

If I just needed a second car for just me, to drive on the weekends and do track days, this would be the car. The power level is more inline with my experience and what I could reasonably manage. However, one thing is blatantly obvious at least to my ears, this cars sounds much better in stock form than the F8Xs and not as much of that obnoxious farting from the exhaust.

It will be a great car no doubt and great to have the smaller option in the M family, but the F8Xs which are "underpowered" in it's segment is holding it's own and even beating cars in it's segment. Could this car even be compared performance wise with a C63s Coupe or ATS-V Coupe, not even close. Different cars right, yeap, just like comparing this to an F8X.

Here's great driving review of the car in action. It sounds great, definitely a better comparison if one is considering a Cayman or Boxer, just another cheaper alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esH3VV3_90Q
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2016, 11:51 PM   #41
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
(Just quoted a post I wrote regarding this car in the Bimmer forums, moreso compared to the M3/4s but in general as well)

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't like it, it's incredibly attractive for sure especially in blue and vs the M4, I might actually like it a tiny bit more. I just don't like it for my purpose more than an M3/4.
It's a small car, it will feel more tossable and agile because of the smaller footprint, but it is the little sibling. The F8x is the middle sweet spot and then the M5/6 go all on horse power but with the refined touches for high way destroying.

If I just needed a second car for just me, to drive on the weekends and do track days, this would be the car. The power level is more inline with my experience and what I could reasonably manage. However, one thing is blatantly obvious at least to my ears, this cars sounds much better in stock form than the F8Xs and not as much of that obnoxious farting from the exhaust.

It will be a great car no doubt and great to have the smaller option in the M family, but the F8Xs which are "underpowered" in it's segment is holding it's own and even beating cars in it's segment. Could this car even be compared performance wise with a C63s Coupe or ATS-V Coupe, not even close. Different cars right, yeap, just like comparing this to an F8X.

Here's great driving review of the car in action. It sounds great, definitely a better comparison if one is considering a Cayman or Boxer, just another cheaper alternative.

I agree with this, but you have to remember ... it's 50 grand ... hell, a fully loaded M235i can be more expensive! PS, well ... who knows how much dealers will be overcharging if you want to get your hands on one ...
Old 18 February 2016, 12:15 AM   #42
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

All the reviews are out now since the press embargo was lifted last night. Pleased to see they all say it's amazing :-)

The whole planned production for the UK is now sold out.
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2016, 12:25 AM   #43
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post

That's a great review.

I think a stripper m2 would be a compelling value.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2016, 06:28 AM   #44
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
I agree with this, but you have to remember ... it's 50 grand ... hell, a fully loaded M235i can be more expensive! PS, well ... who knows how much dealers will be overcharging if you want to get your hands on one ...
I know of a couple of orders and have also ran it by my SA. To my knowledge this car hasn't been marked up like the ridiculousness we are hearing about with GT4s and the GT350. But they are not discounting a single penny and many incentives don't apply to the M2(yet). It helps this one isn't a limited run car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
That's a great review.

I think a stripper m2 would be a compelling value.
As an add on car, I definitely agree. I just have different needs at the moment, young single guys are surely rejoicing everywhere.
Old 21 February 2016, 04:46 AM   #45
rouxeny
"TRF" Member

I just got put on the wait list. 22 people ahead of me. Even with half of them dropping out, it will be nearly a year.
rouxeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2016, 06:26 AM   #46
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

People here who ordered back in Oct 15 are now being told they won't get it until the end of this year. I was v lucky to get one in Sep. Still a bitch of a wait though!
Old 21 February 2016, 07:01 AM   #47
TheYoungConnoisseur
Banned

Watch: APROO PAM292 & 643
I'm sure one of my students will have one coming. Not holding my breath to be perfectly honest, not going to be bad but the M hay days are over along w every other manufacture
Not going to be a 1m but for the money and as a new car for the price, it will be great
TheYoungConnoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2016, 10:21 AM   #48
jmv23
"TRF" Member

Watch: where you're going
I've read that article. Cant wait to see it in person. I've been a lifelong bmw owner. I've had a 97 E36 M3, 08 E90 M3, 2007 E60 M5. All awesome cars however the M-line became stale to me. I switched to porsche - 15 Cayman S. The M2 being close to the E46 M3..which is the only M3 i didn't own, has impressive numbers. Maybe lease one to drive around.
jmv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2016, 08:09 AM   #49
BC321
"TRF" Member

I have a LBB M2 on order.... It's in NYC at Port waiting for BMW to release...... It was dumb luck for me getting one. I am getting my dealers HEA car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2016, 06:11 PM   #50
Robin_NL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
I didn't know there was a thread on the M2.

Mine has production week 19(mid may)

Blue/DCT

One of my mates is actually as we speak ( 10.15 AM CET 5-4-16) driving that thing @Barcelona track , invitation by BMW/M...
He has a GMT 2c, so he's alright.;)

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2016, 06:31 PM   #51
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
would be a killer estate ,, but i do like it a lot ,,,
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2016, 07:07 PM   #52
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Just about every car today is too fast for the road (at least here in OZ). It is one of the real challenges in my Opinion of modern performance cars, their numbers are largely irrelevant. I drive the last of the naturally aspirated Renault Clio Sports Cups (6 speed manual, weighs nothing 157kw, Brembo brakes, Recaro race buckets). Living in inner city Sydney every drive is like a world rally stage, you can use all the performance most of the time. I used to have a Tuned up 135i, it was great on a track but boring in suburbia, my next car will be something with an AMG badge, I don't expect to go fast, but it will sound great. My neighbour has an SL55, it is very tempting, he has added a sports exhaust you can here him from a long way away, he just cruises around.

That said the M2 looks awesome as does the S3, well done on your new or impending purchases, as Rock has said cars are terribly expensive in Australia.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2016, 10:04 PM   #53
ecdc
"TRF" Member

The car is the perfect size and has nice power. But I'm not a fan of the interior. Vinyl carbon-look wrap looks cheap. And I wouldn't expect "cheap" on a $50k+ (or it it $60k?) car. The car looks great from the outside, though.

ecdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 12:21 AM   #54
Robin_NL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdc View Post
The car is the perfect size and has nice power. But I'm not a fan of the interior. Vinyl carbon-look wrap looks cheap. And I wouldn't expect "cheap" on a $50k+ (or it it $60k?) car. The car looks great from the outside, though.
In bold, it's real carbon(not kidding) but it's not glossy like in M3/4 F80/82.

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 01:35 AM   #55
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I find the interior austere but purposeful. I had my f80 loaded to the gills with nice leather and such but if I could do it again, I would have went carbon cloth stripper!
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 04:57 AM   #56
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
In bold, it's real carbon(not kidding) but it's not glossy like in M3/4 F80/82.

Cheers
Robin
Yep, real carbon, they call it "naked", no lacquer on it. Other marques are doing it too now.
Old 7 April 2016, 06:05 AM   #57
ecdc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePrince View Post
Yep, real carbon, they call it "naked", no lacquer on it. Other marques are doing it too now.
Huh, who knew. It looks nothing like unlaquered CF in other cars I've seen (e.g., McLaren P1.) I'm not a fan. It honestly looks like a vinyl wrap.
ecdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 07:02 AM   #58
Rolbreitling
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM & Superocean II
Congrats man!! I love the car and color you picked, wanted the same for me!

I called two dealerships in Calgary and both said all M2s are spoken for :(

Please post some pictures when you get it.

I beg to differ from those who are comparing it with Porsche, this car is not in the same class and I would not spend double to gain a second on a 0-60.
Rolbreitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 09:17 AM   #59
Almostlucid
"TRF" Member

I wonder if you could 4 wheel tow this car behind an rv? Any 2 series, not just the m.
Almostlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2016, 03:47 AM   #60
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdc View Post
Huh, who knew. It looks nothing like unlaquered CF in other cars I've seen (e.g., McLaren P1.) I'm not a fan. It honestly looks like a vinyl wrap.
It's those pictures, looks much much better in person. Have you seen it in live, can't judge by online pics...totally different story.

Unfortunately, dealers are playing f*&k F$&* games with this car just like the GT350, but not as extreme, still, a pain in the ass for anyone who didn't downpay an allocation last year to try and get one now. Forget it.