The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 May 2017, 02:00 PM   #1
koko105
"TRF" Member

Bronzo watch thread

Hello everyone

I am creating this thread to share our experience regarding how to clean our bronze watches to get rid of the patina or how to build up a nice patina

And also to share photos for our straps & buckle on this beauty

Here is mine

koko105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2017, 04:10 PM   #2
oldsalt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ?????
Love that "bronzo" ... thanks for posting...look forward to other photos...

cheers
Old 24 May 2017, 11:54 PM   #3
Chasseur
"TRF" Member

mine

Chasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 02:46 AM   #4
Dan2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 914
Fantastic watch.
Dan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2017, 07:32 AM   #5
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
this might be a thin thread....lol....how many bronzo's were produced.....5k total? haha

507 is on my WTB list, doubt I will find one at a reasonable price anytime soon
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2017, 09:09 AM   #6
koko105
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
this might be a thin thread....lol....how many bronzo's were produced.....5k total? haha

Wish you luck with your hunting
Old 31 May 2017, 10:51 AM   #7
waikeekee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah! Good luck to you too from me.

You mentioned "Reasonable price". Well, it is a relative term and very subjective isn't it? To a Arab sheik, even dropping 100 Grand is nothing to them. To a normal working guy, even 10K is considered extravagant and luxury.

So, my question. What is the "Reasonable" price of a Bronzo? What amount of money should one pay? 382 and 507 should all be considered used?

What about the new and upcoming PAM00671? Let's say I have one and knowing the limited numbers produced, will it be too much if I asked $50,000.00 for it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
waikeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2017, 05:15 AM   #8
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikeekee View Post
Yeah! Good luck to you too from me.

You mentioned "Reasonable price". Well, it is a relative term and very subjective isn't it? To a Arab sheik, even dropping 100 Grand is nothing to them. To a normal working guy, even 10K is considered extravagant and luxury.

So, my question. What is the "Reasonable" price of a Bronzo? What amount of money should one pay? 382 and 507 should all be considered used?

What about the new and upcoming PAM00671? Let's say I have one and knowing the limited numbers produced, will it be too much if I asked $50,000.00 for it?

True about the relative cash comment. I'd say....no more then 10-15k for a bronze case PAM. I know that price will not come unless more are produced. Let's be real the material is cents on the dollar to mine. And for anything more I'll go GOLD!! Haha

Yes it's rare I get it but, rare because manufacturers choose not to make them. I'd love to get a bronzo but not for a price of a gold watch.

PS: most shower heads made in and around the 1950's were bronze inners because they were cheaper then steel
Old 2 June 2017, 08:45 AM   #9
nick c
Banned

Quote:
True about the relative cash comment. I'd say....no more then 10-15k for a bronze case PAM. I know that price will not come unless more are produced. Let's be real the material is cents on the dollar to mine. And for anything more I'll go GOLD!! Haha

Yes it's rare I get it but, rare because manufacturers choose not to make them. I'd love to get a bronzo but not for a price of a gold watch.

PS: most shower heads made in and around the 1950's were bronze inners because they were cheaper then steel

I would do exactly the same.I will buy a gold Rolex instead the bronze Panerai
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2017, 11:12 AM   #10
waikeekee
"TRF" Member

Bronzo watch thread

I have visited the PANERAI boutique here. According to the sales people there, the new model 671 is going at USD14,400.00 retail. Only a thousand will be produced. He also added that their boutique is allotted 12 pieces. All 12 pieces are already sold to their VVIP customers as they have indicated their intention to purchase.

Comparing one brand to another is not fair, ain't it? I believe all brands has their selling point. If you are comparing material, it is the same for all brand. Take a White Gold BLRO for example. Retail at US$36,600.00 +/-. The watch weigh about 220 grams? How much gold is used as opposed to the prevailing gold price? Mind you, 999.9 gold is US$47.00 per gram now and Rolex is using 18ct gold.

Another argument. If you have purchased a gold rollie, may it be yellow, white gold or even a platinum Daytona or DD. Which will appreciate in their prices as compared to a Bronzo? Many people have asked is it a good idea to invest in watches, my answers are the same, no, don't and not a good idea all the time.

To compare material to each other is totally absurd. I take 5711 PP Nautilus Blue Dial for a very good example. If I am not wrong, it is retail at US$24,000.00 and it is made of stainless steel. Please explain why are these watches selling at astronomical and ridiculous prices? If you are able to obtain one BNIB Nautilus 5711 blue, you can easily sell it for US$40K. With this price, you can buy 4 stainless Rolex like 116710BLNR, 116610LV, 216570 and 116500 and still have change for a good meal to celebrate.

Anyway, the debate will never end. Not with my opinion and not in a thousand years time. As long as there are fans of certain brands, then the buyer will justify spending X amount and happy about it. No right no wrong here.

waikeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2017, 02:09 AM   #11
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have visited the PANERAI boutique here. According to the sales people there, the new model 671 is going at USD14,400.00 retail. Only a thousand will be produced. He also added that their boutique is allotted 12 pieces. All 12 pieces are already sold to their VVIP customers as they have indicated their intention to purchase.

Comparing one brand to another is not fair, ain't it? I believe all brands has their selling point. If you are comparing material, it is the same for all brand. Take a White Gold BLRO for example. Retail at US$36,600.00 +/-. The watch weigh about 220 grams? How much gold is used as opposed to the prevailing gold price? Mind you, 999.9 gold is US$47.00 per gram now and Rolex is using 18ct gold.

Another argument. If you have purchased a gold rollie, may it be yellow, white gold or even a platinum Daytona or DD. Which will appreciate in their prices as compared to a Bronzo? Many people have asked is it a good idea to invest in watches, my answers are the same, no, don't and not a good idea all the time.

To compare material to each other is totally absurd. I take 5711 PP Nautilus Blue Dial for a very good example. If I am not wrong, it is retail at US$24,000.00 and it is made of stainless steel. Please explain why are these watches selling at astronomical and ridiculous prices? If you are able to obtain one BNIB Nautilus 5711 blue, you can easily sell it for US$40K. With this price, you can buy 4 stainless Rolex like 116710BLNR, 116610LV, 216570 and 116500 and still have change for a good meal to celebrate.

Anyway, the debate will never end. Not with my opinion and not in a thousand years time. As long as there are fans of certain brands, then the buyer will justify spending X amount and happy about it. No right no wrong here.

If one wants to spend 30k+ on a bronzo right now....go ahead. You can buy a Patek for that.....just saying
Old 4 June 2017, 05:18 AM   #12
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Great points.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2017, 05:32 AM   #13
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
I really wanted a 382 or 507. My inability to score one near MSRP has honestly turned me off to the brand.

I'd done with Panerai.

I will have to enjoy those beautiful pieces vicariously though threads such as this (unless they decide to make a bronze 44mm Luminor) :D
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 05:10 AM   #14
Chasseur
"TRF" Member

stop speaking prices and enjoy pic

Chasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 07:23 AM   #15
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasseur View Post
stop speaking prices and enjoy pic

well said; great pic.
Old 8 June 2017, 02:07 PM   #16
alexlt730512
"TRF" Member

nice picts and let's see more Bronzo
alexlt730512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 02:13 PM   #17
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Bronzo probably my favorite PAM but just to expensive for me personally to ever consider it.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 03:01 PM   #18
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Mine through many diff stages.. Natural patina (I live in florida on the beach) so it patinas fast
This is brand new from boutique to current

iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 03:09 PM   #19
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Do you think that looks more like corrosion than patina?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 06:39 PM   #20
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Mine through many diff stages.. Natural patina (I live in florida on the beach) so it patinas fast

Great photos!! Love the "Pronzo".

Thanks for sharing.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 07:21 PM   #21
mar1140
"TRF" Member

Ennebi Fondale Bronzos

Quote:

I think it would be good if we included Ennebi Fondale Bronzos in this thread as they have a history with Panerai.
mar1140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 08:23 PM   #22
koko105
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post

Where did you @iLLGT2 get the green strap