The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 June 2017, 02:34 AM   #31
116500LN
Banned

Give it a couple months and you can get a new one from a trusted dealer for $8k like the last SD after demand died down.
116500LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 04:56 AM   #32
Tebow15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116500LN View Post
Give it a couple months and you can get a new one from a trusted dealer for $8k like the last SD after demand died down.
So, it is going to go from over $12k to $8k in a couple of months?? Doubt it
Tebow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 04:57 AM   #33
AS1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
great watch, came very close to getting it myself from AD recently, will not be hard to find at all in the US IMO.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 05:39 AM   #34
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Rolex or two
My AD called me last week. It was the second one they'd received, so I guess I was high enough on the customer list to be considered. Paid full MSRP.
Deep Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 05:41 AM   #35
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Rolex or two
Quote:

I sincerely doubt it. If that were the case, then why is the Deep Blue still so damn close to full price?
Deep Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 08:49 AM   #36
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Give it a couple years and you can get a new one from a trusted dealer for $8k like the last SD after demand died down.
Fixed that for you.

but yes, you will be right.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 09:46 AM   #37
reckoner1969
"TRF" Member

Hi guys. Rolex was always to small to my eyes. I got a Blackbay and a Steinhart to train my eyes to smaller sizes as the Batman was calling me. I’ve had the BLNR for a few months. I’m hooked! So here is my Question when you guys say you're on the waiting list ,I need a little clarification. It has come to my attention at Tournoe (and perhaps all AD’s?)each salesperson has their own list. I live in Miami and in early May I put down money for the Sd43. I was told that I was # 2. I really couldn't get a straight answer from my salesman and have found out I was his # 2 on his list. Naïve of me to think I got a jump on everybody and I would be wearing my SD43 right now. Manager of Rolex boutique says that Rolex wasn’t expecting such high demand I call BULLShite! And frankly insulted
Would someone be so kind as to explain to me if this is legit or Am I just an inpatient wanker. I do totally understand that VIPs get special treatment but do those VIPs get on the list or do they supersede the list basically what I'm saying is if I'm number two in a major metropolitan city shouldn’t I be getting it soon?
reckoner1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 01:42 PM   #38
BrettG
"TRF" Member

Lots of excellent information guys!!
BrettG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 01:45 PM   #39
Brookbond
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post
I've talked to a few major ADs this weekend a 2 weeks ago, the sale persons all said the SD43 should be easily available once the initial demand are met and supply are not tight as the SS Daytona.

I'm not in a hurry and might pick up a pre-owned SD43 next year once the hype cool down. Obviously the SD43 big size and date magnifier isn't for everyone and at $11,300 it's not really an affordable watch. Not to mention if the economy goes south...of course the Swiss luxury watch industry has been slowing down significantly for the past few years.

Looks like you looking for short term profit, then you may want to dump it as soon as you get it, since it's short term I would guess you pay for it by credit so another reason not to seat too long on it. Good luck with your investment

Yes it's called scalping...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Brookbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 01:47 PM   #40
Brookbond
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
Availability of the SD43 in Canada and the US seems to be decent. What are people experiencing in other parts of the world? In Hong Kong the typical response I've had is "100 people on the waiting list and we're getting 1 piece per month"

Ordered mine3 weeks ago , was advised its arrived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Brookbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 07:33 PM   #41
reckoner1969
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckoner1969 View Post
Hi guys. Rolex was always to small to my eyes. I got a Blackbay and a Steinhart to train my eyes to smaller sizes as the Batman was calling me. I’ve had the BLNR for a few months. I’m hooked! So here is my Question when you guys say you're on the waiting list ,I need a little clarification. It has come to my attention at Tournoe (and perhaps all AD’s?)each salesperson has their own list. I live in Miami and in early May I put down money for the Sd43. I was told that I was # 2. I really couldn't get a straight answer from my salesman and have found out I was his # 2 on his list. Naïve of me to think I got a jump on everybody and I would be wearing my SD43 right now. Manager of Rolex boutique says that Rolex wasn’t expecting such high demand I call BULLShite! And frankly insulted
Would someone be so kind as to explain to me if this is legit or Am I just an inpatient wanker. I do totally understand that VIPs get special treatment but do those VIPs get on the list or do they supersede the list basically what I'm saying is if I'm number two in a major metropolitan city shouldn’t I be getting it soon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 26 June 2017, 08:58 PM   #42
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
I was told by the manager at my AD that each salesperson does in fact have their own list - which is a little ridiculous if you ask me, but I guess they like to spread the commission around. I believe the true VIP's are not on those lists. The store holds the first few they get in for VIP's and friends/family/associates who want to purchase. That's what I've heard anyway. Good luck. I'm #3 on my list by the way and haven't heard a thing.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 09:06 PM   #43
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I'm not sure why you'd want to sell. Once you have one on the wrist you'll love it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (245.6 KB, 326 views)
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 09:07 PM   #44
moesalty
"TRF" Member

Love the watch! Congrats and wear it in good health!
moesalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 10:22 PM   #45
reckoner1969
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I was told by the manager at my AD that each salesperson does in fact have their own list - which is a little ridiculous if you ask me, but I guess they like to spread the commission around. I believe the true VIP's are not on those lists. The store holds the first few they get in for VIP's and friends/family/associates who want to purchase. That's what I've heard anyway. Good luck. I'm #3 on my list by the way and haven't heard a thing.

There are 15 salespeople, so my #2 could theoretically be 30. Plus vip’s. I should find a salesperson that has no list. I Can’t Imagine All 15 Have a List? This is making me nuts. And on Top of That I Placed my name on list in May. I Doubt That All The Other Number #2 Were done Before That. I Appreciate Everyone’s two Cents If anyone Knows how I could deal With The Manager Please Let me Know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 June 2017, 10:53 PM   #46
Pmt2
"TRF" Member

I'm so happy I was patient. I LOVE this watch!
Pmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 12:43 AM   #47
ILikeTacos
Banned

This watch will be readily available very soon. My AD received 3 of them in his first shipment in mid-May when i got mine, he has never gotten 3 Daytonas or BLNRs or Hulks together. Either they had an initial push into the market and then Rolex won't ship any for a while or this is a regular production piece that is slowly but surely being distributed evenly across the country. I'd guess the latter.
ILikeTacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 01:16 AM   #48
Uppersouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: SWISS
VIP's get first right of refusal on new and unique pieces. The list is usually comprised after the sales reps have made the requisite calls to those that spend big bucks annually.
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 01:36 AM   #49
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

FULL STOP.

This is not a rare or hard to come by piece. There have been some reports of these being in AD showcases for walk in traffic in some parts of the US already.

Don't get caught up in the "list" game that the AD will play, especially Tourneau and especially this reference. There isn't a need for a "list" like this as Rolex is ABSOLUTELY CRANKING these out. CRANKING..

I suggest calling around to a smaller AD in other parts of Florida. They might have one already in stock or order one for you and have in a couple of weeks...Easy Peasy.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 01:45 AM   #50
RaceDoc11
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
I typically don't pay $11,300 for a watch that I'm unsure is for me.
RaceDoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 02:38 AM   #51
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

I'm getting the feeling from these boards that the seadweller will be out in quantities for any to buy. Makes sense to me, the last model was a slow seller so why wouldn't Rolex want to make up for lost time with this new revamped version. The new seadweller has been redesigned with the best traits from the deep sea and sd4000, now it's time to sell,sell, sell.
Oyster Al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 03:08 AM   #52
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
There are 15 salespeople, so my #2 could theoretically be 30. Plus vip’s. I should find a salesperson that has no list. I Can’t Imagine All 15 Have a List? This is making me nuts. And on Top of That I Placed my name on list in May. I Doubt That All The Other Number #2 Were done Before That. I Appreciate Everyone’s two Cents If anyone Knows how I could deal With The Manager Please Let me Know.
Well I'm on "the list" with two different AD's. Both told me August or September most likely. Just be patient and don't pay a premium to get one. They will be plentiful this fall. If you absolutely have to have one now, get on the phone and call AD after AD and eventually you will find one in stock somewhere. But again, I think patience is the way to go here. Good luck.
Old 27 June 2017, 03:32 AM   #53
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
I got two phone calls one month apart, first from an AD and the second from the Rolex boutique. I put my name down in both places, I've never bought from them before, so no special treatment. I turned down the boutique and told them to pass it to the next guy on the list, as I bought it already from the AD last month. I'm not in the speculation / profiteering game. So basically pretty available, in Spain at least. Don't pay over list, it's ridiculous. Fantastic piece, I love it.

VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 04:07 AM   #54
reckoner1969
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Well I'm on "the list" with two different AD's. Both told me August or September most likely. Just be patient and don't pay a premium to get one. They will be plentiful this fall. If you absolutely have to have one now, get on the phone and call AD after AD and eventually you will find one in stock somewhere. But again, I think patience is the way to go here. Good luck.

Thanks Samson. I can wait. It’s just that I put money down and just want a straight freakin answer from Tournoe. Not “rolex didn’t expect such demand”. BS!!! In early May I was told #2 in the store. Then 2 months later, we’ll you know the rest. I Was Just Hoping Someone Would have Insight on How These A.D.’s Operate But it Looks Like They’re All Over The Place They do what they Want

Old 27 June 2017, 10:00 AM   #55
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
But it Looks Like They’re All Over The Place They do what they Want

That's it.
You got it

It looks like it's of no consequence with this model anyway.
Enjoy
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 12:49 PM   #56
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Demand far outstripped supply at launch for the SD43. Either Rolex engineered it or they simply underestimated demand. But now it looks like supply is catching up. A lot of guys bought them early to flip them at a nice premium, but now I'm seeing that premium drop. Initially folks were offering them at $15K-$16K, and selling them. Now, however, there are quite a few offered in the low-$13Ks and they're not moving so quick. Pretty soon they will sell for retail + tax on the grey market.
Old 27 June 2017, 09:09 PM   #57
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks Samson. I can wait. It’s just that I put money down and just want a straight freakin answer from Tournoe. Not “rolex didn’t expect such demand”. BS!!! In early May I was told #2 in the store. Then 2 months later, we’ll you know the rest. I Was Just Hoping Someone Would have Insight on How These A.D.’s Operate But it Looks Like They’re All Over The Place They do what they Want
I can certainly understand your frustration with having put a deposit down and all. I assume it's refundable if you don't purchase there? If you have some time get on the phone and call around. I bet you will find one somewhere and they will ship directly to you. May avoid the sales tax in the process. Otherwise, hang in there. It will arrive eventually. Absence makes the heart grow fonder after all....
Old 27 June 2017, 09:40 PM   #58
meganfox17
Banned

The Red Sea Dweller SD50 Ref 126600 has finally made its debut for 1st time (as far as I know) on the local Malaysian ebay market going for USD 11270.xx based on today's latest currency exchange rate ( MYR 1.00 - USD 0.23 )

https://carousell.com/p/108871952
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 02:34 PM   #59
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by khunpepe View Post
Received a call from my AD last week they asked for $3,000 USD premium
I turned down the offer as i think eventually the hype will cool down.

An AD asked you for a $3k premium??

gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 02:44 PM   #60
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:

I don't trust anything Tourneau says

gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote