The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 March 2014, 06:42 AM   #1
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
AD/RSC Good news!

Good news doesn't sell papers, as they say.

I'd like to report on my recent experience with Longs in Danvers and RSC in NY. My watch left and was shipped from MA to NY for an adjustment under warranty because it was gaining about 12 seconds per day. Although I had to pay for shipping because I didn't buy through the AD, I received an email that the watch was ready for pick-up four weeks and a day following the watch being dropped off.

So far the watch is staying within a second per day of my standard so I'm happy. It came back without damage (also without report on what was done but that is another story). Over all I'm happy to have it back and in good condition. With all the negative reports I was worried.

-Lee

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 06:45 AM   #2
GarageBMW
"TRF" Member

Watch: the step
Glad it went well. Should always be like this anyway.
GarageBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 06:47 AM   #3
SWISSAHOLICS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Always nice to hear positive experience.

"The one thing I fear most is time; time waits for no one and leaves no options."
SWISSAHOLICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 07:13 AM   #4
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 07:53 AM   #5
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Good to hear, happy that it's back where it belongs!

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 01:39 AM   #6
Cc1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Sea...
Generally we only hear the RSC horror stories. The ratio of good:bad experiences is unknown. Glad to hear you are on the "good' side of the equation!

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778
"Curmudgeons " Favorites: 1665 SD, Sub Date, DSSD, Exp II, Sub LV, GMTIIc
Cc1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 11:31 PM   #7
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
I like to read good news. Nice result
Old 13 March 2014, 11:32 PM   #8
Pete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610/216570
Woot love good news on a Thursday morning!
Member #745
RIP JJ "Always in our hearts, and on our wrists"
"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 02:24 AM   #9
Evil-Twin
Banned

Great News. AS far as RSC goes, IM sure more people are happy with their service then those that are unhappy. Most people like myself who have had good service with RSC do not go around looking for help and complaining about bad service, usually all the good service's go un documented because that is what you expect to get without issue. But when issues come up, people seek out places like this forum for help and to offer their experiences. Ive had my watch serviced by RSC 5 times over the last thirty years, the first three times went without incident. The 4th time was a nightmare, I said I would never go back. This last time I said," I will give them one more try".. To my displeasure, I had a second very bad experience with RSC. I would have to be an idiot to ever consider using them again. The experience was So bad that I came to this forum for help and guidance. IM one of those people that when given 2 bad experiences in a row, would never give them a third chance to screw things up. The problem I see with RSC is that too many hands, and two many watches, and too many parts all inside the walls of one repair facility can cause too many problems. So the level of dissatisfaction has to be higher with an RSC experience. I think a certified independent, where one guy, works on one watch, with total focus and his personal reputation on line, will offer much more consistent satisfaction without issue. And when there is an issue , which can happen, you can talk to the guy who worked on your watch and he has a vested interest in you as a customer. Those ten guys at RSC who work on your watch have no vested interest in the part that they play in repairing your watch, there is no personal contact or personal service with the customer. All these technicians do all day is clean parts from hundreds of parts trays, or all they do all day is pressure test watches, They do not know Mr. Rathbone, from Helen Hunt. But the independent knows them By name.
Bill
Evil-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 02:41 AM   #10
mschafer
"TRF" Member

I had always a good experience with RSC in NY and love the fact that I can walk in, drop of and get the service I need. Obviously I'm often stunned about the charge, so if anyone can suggest a great service/watchmaker in Manhattan I'm all ear to give that a try next time.
mschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 02:45 AM   #11
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
G. . .

So far the watch is staying within a second per day of my standard so I'm happy. It came back without damage (also without report on what was done but that is another story). Over all I'm happy to have it back and in good condition. With all the negative reports I was worried.

-Lee
You only read the bad reports where folks like to vent.. A very few out of the hundreds of thousands of watches done annually is probably pretty remarkable..

Wear your watch in good health..
Old 14 March 2014, 02:47 AM   #12
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear. Enjoy!
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 03:01 AM   #13
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Glad you're happy! RSC NY called me yesterday just to make sure the old Tudor they serviced for me two months ago is still keeping good time (it is).

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 03:07 AM   #14
Evil-Twin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
You only read the bad reports where folks like to vent.. A very few out of the hundreds of thousands of watches done annually is probably pretty remarkable..

Wear your watch in good health..
As Ive said, with the volume of repairs, that use to be a captive audience, (e.g. I always thought I " Had" to send my watch back to Rolex " )

Argumentatively and logically, there is much more potential for a problem, when you send to RSC... no one want to be a victim. The problem again is that RSC is glad to take your money, when things go smoothly. The measure of a good service is based on how they react to a problem. IN my case they reacted miserably the last two times I sent my watch to them for service. Knowing that guys Like Rikki are certified and qualified to deliver a singular, focused service is good peace of mind. You can call Rikki on the phone and talk with him, same with Michael Young, you cant call RSC and talk to the guy who worked on your watch, and if you could cal,l which of the ten guys who worked on your watch would be able to tell you anything about it other then their own area of responsibility, and when you ask them at RSC who screwed up they can easily say it wasn't me, it was one of those other nine guys who worked on your watch. A guy like Michael Young is another almost hidden treasure.
Bill
Evil-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 01:08 PM   #15
DJJon
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ - Need Sub Bad
Yes it's like Yelp! Most people eat a great meal at a restaurant and go home. Then one or two guys a month have a bad experience and post it on Yelp! and the place has a ration of good:bad of 1:10.

My couple of RSC experiences in person in NYC were good ones. This does not mean someone else did not have a bad one so need to remind me of that.
DJJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 01:20 PM   #16
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Nice story!
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote