The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 March 2014, 12:21 AM   #1
CSM
"TRF" Member

Watch: ap,rolex,pam,jlc
New old member to family!

Today i’m using a Nice watch that a friend of mine won from his father 36 years ago… he had this watch on his drawer and not used for a long time… I got it and sent to be reviewed. When it came back I asked him to sell me the watch, but as it was a present from his father he didn’t want to sell blablabla… I told him as he wont use the watch it would probably stop again, and a watch must be gently used, but has to be used… and told him that I could give him the money, promise to him that I wont never sell the watch and if he wants the watch back he could ask me back…. Than he told me that he would give me the watch “borrowed” and I don’t need to give him the money. So as I believe that he will probably not ask me back for a long time, it was kind of a present from him! Wich I liked a lot and im very grateful!!! It’s a 7016/0 I just changed for a nato because its original bracelet is very big and for now I don’t want to adjust it. So I’m thinking about keep it on a nato, and change my sub C back to the bracelet….. the watch is in pretty good shape, it was polished but the lugs are still very large, it has a very nice patina, but unfortunatly the hadns was probably changed so the patina from the hands are diferent from the markers. Anyway, it’s a very nice watch, and I can say that is the grandfather from the Black Bay, wich I sold mine for a friend of mine!! Well, sorry for the long story, but i'm really glad with it!

Cheers

Cesar
CSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2014, 12:36 AM   #2
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Great watch to be sure