The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 December 2016, 06:38 PM   #1
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST Blue
New bracelet feels cheap?

Hi all, I recently got this new with stickers piece in from Jared ( ponycar350). The Datejust II ref. 116300. For some reason, the bracelet feels cheaper than the glide lock bracelet on my No date submariner ref. 114060. There seems to be more rattling and oddly it feels lighter as well. Does anyone else with these two watches feel like the Datejust II bracelet feels any less quality than the glide lock clasp?
LmfaoEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 06:57 PM   #2
Vinny 1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 11
My DJ 2 Oyster bracelet is real quality and solid.
Vinny 1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 06:59 PM   #3
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny 1966 View Post
My DJ 2 Oyster bracelet is real quality and solid.
Thanks for the feedback. Is that in comparison with a glide lock bracelet or just referencing to the DJ II bracelet alone?
Old 23 December 2016, 07:04 PM   #4
stevep1041
"TRF" Member

I have a datejust ii, silver dial and smooth bezel, and a new Sub Date and find the bracelet feel and comfort solid and comfortable on both. In fact, the datejust bracelet is silky whilst the Sub Date is a little squeaky at the moment!
stevep1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Vinny 1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmfaoEric View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Is that in comparison with a glide lock bracelet or just referencing to the DJ II bracelet alone?
Sorry i have never tried the glidelock bracelet so can't compare.
Vinny 1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 07:12 PM   #6
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Yeah I just responded to you in the other thread. My 114060 did feel heavier and more solid whereas my DJ II feels lighter, I assume maybe the links are lighter and smaller, I'm not really sure but I noticed it too. Maybe we got older DJ II's when they first released and they have since upgraded the bracelet?

Let me know what you find out but I'm happy with mine.
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 07:21 PM   #7
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy View Post
Yeah I just responded to you in the other thread. My 114060 did feel heavier and more solid whereas my DJ II feels lighter, I assume maybe the links are lighter and smaller, I'm not really sure but I noticed it too. Maybe we got older DJ II's when they first released and they have since upgraded the bracelet?

Let me know what you find out but I'm happy with mine.
Does it also rattle more? I agree it feels extremely comfortable being looser. Mine is stamped for this year so maybe theyre looser in general haha. It also feels like the links move more freely.
Old 23 December 2016, 07:24 PM   #8
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Edit
Old 23 December 2016, 08:02 PM   #9
regnant
"TRF" Member

I have had two Dj IIs none of them felt cheap , it must be because of the heaviness of the other bracelets .
For instance: Following the handle of the Sea Dweller my Daytona 116500 LN feels so light and I don't want to name it but feels slightly made by less expensive materials however that's quite opposite Daytona also uses solid links
Old 23 December 2016, 08:07 PM   #10
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnant View Post
I have had two Dj IIs none of them felt cheap , it must be because of the heaviness of the other bracelets .
For instance: Following the handle of the Sea Dweller my Daytona 116500 LN feels so light and I don't want to name it but feels slightly made by less expensive materials however that's quite opposite Daytona also uses solid links
Is that in reference to the bracelets or the entire watch? I feel the same way between my sub and DJ. Both feel extremely nice but when comparing the two bracelets, the sub just has this feeling of sturdiness and heft that the DJ lacks.
Old 24 December 2016, 12:37 AM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Glidelock is also longer and heavier, yet all of them and the TTs felt like toys when I tried them on recently while I was wearing a YG Sub at the time.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2016, 12:40 AM   #12
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I think the difference you're experiencing is the absence of the glide lock on the DJ.

And no, the DJ2 bracelets haven't been updated.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2016, 01:00 PM   #13
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feed guys. I will be heading to an AD to look at other DJII models and comparing the bracelets to see if they are also the same feeling.
Old 24 December 2016, 03:22 PM   #14
Pangit
"TRF" Member

I have a DJII and a sub. I understand your observations and the bracelets are completely different but I wouldn't say that the DJII bracelet was low quality.
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2016, 03:32 PM   #15
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

OP, why don't you post pics of your watch?
Old 24 December 2016, 03:49 PM   #16
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
OP, why don't you post pics of your watch?
Happily winding away
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-24-00-48-13.jpeg (252.6 KB, 417 views)
Old 24 December 2016, 03:52 PM   #17
ilovewatchestoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Looks gorgeous and sweet winder. Any chance of a full view of that machine? I'm sure the AD will ease your mind.
ilovewatchestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2016, 06:55 PM   #18
regnant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is that in reference to the bracelets or the entire watch? I feel the same way between my sub and DJ. Both feel extremely nice but when comparing the two bracelets, the sub just has this feeling of sturdiness and heft that the DJ lacks.
Bracelets is what I try to refer to .My other Daytona watch is very heavy in everything and would make one feel Sea Dweller too light but let's put this out of comparison due to it's material difference
Submariner is rated to 300 Meters and thicker case and to match that bracelet needs to be thicker too
Old 24 December 2016, 07:47 PM   #19
dadonn2
"TRF" Member

I'm a little hypersensitive to bracelets so what you're saying sounds reasonable. One of the reasons I've never warmed up the 44mm deepsea is that the bracelet feels wimpy for the watch- in my opinion of course. Bracelet feels tinny and hollow although I know it's not. I had on a yellow gold GMT and yg Sub today at the AD. Both are very substantial watches. I recently got a yg skydweller and was wearing that. When I tried them on the bracelet on the both the sub and gmt felt light. I'm fairly certain the bracelet is the same all the watches and even though the sky dweller is bigger, I doubt there is more than an ounce difference in weight. Point is, my perspective changes from one watch to the next, depending on weight distribution, size obviously and even thickness of the watch.
dadonn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2016, 08:22 AM   #20
LmfaoEric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonn2 View Post
I'm a little hypersensitive to bracelets so what you're saying sounds reasonable. One of the reasons I've never warmed up the 44mm deepsea is that the bracelet feels wimpy for the watch- in my opinion of course. Bracelet feels tinny and hollow although I know it's not. I had on a yellow gold GMT and yg Sub today at the AD. Both are very substantial watches. I recently got a yg skydweller and was wearing that. When I tried them on the bracelet on the both the sub and gmt felt light. I'm fairly certain the bracelet is the same all the watches and even though the sky dweller is bigger, I doubt there is more than an ounce difference in weight. Point is, my perspective changes from one watch to the next, depending on weight distribution, size obviously and even thickness of the watch.
Glad I am not the only one that feels that way! I just visited an AD today and checked out another DJ2 and its bracelet. Feels similar to mine. Glad I got the reassurance that mine was not the only one that felt different from the submariner bracelet.
Old 25 December 2016, 08:25 AM   #21
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I own both and the build quality is the same IMO. As mentioned the Glidlock clasp is longer and thicker did to the adjustment teeth, but that's about it.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2016, 11:58 AM   #22
at7724
"TRF" Member

On another post, it was commented that the Daytona c bracelet was much thinner than the older stainless model. Wonder why this was done.....
at7724 is offline   Reply With Quote