The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 9 March 2017, 07:21 PM   #1
Kenrocks
"TRF" Member

Wondering if there are any TRFers up for a GtG in HK?

I'm new to the world of Rolex watches and this forum but I've never been hooked so much so quickly. I'm based in hk hence the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kenrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
You know it's a great idea. A lot of us in Asia for whatever reason can't quite make it to Vegas.

It has been discussed here before. Gerardo and I talked about creating an Asia GTG and in poll results Hong Kong won out. Gerardo asked me to take point on this however it kind of fell through as I've never been to Hong Kong and logistically would struggle to make this memorable.

See thread below.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=429891

If any Hong Kong members want to take ownership of this and make it happen I'll be there.

Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrocks View Post
I'm new to the world of Rolex watches and this forum but I've never been hooked so much so quickly. I'm based in hk hence the topic.

A group of HK TRF members meets up occasionally, but we don't advertise it or post photos. It's just easier to get it organised that way. The few times it was tried via this section, it never seemed to work out. We have a good bunch of people. I'll put you on the list for the next one, but there is nothing planned for now. Same goes for any other HK members who want to contact me directly.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2017, 11:42 PM   #4
Kenrocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
A group of HK TRF members meets up occasionally, but we don't advertise it or post photos. It's just easier to get it organised that way. The few times it was tried via this section, it never seemed to work out. We have a good bunch of people. I'll put you on the list for the next one, but there is nothing planned for now. Same goes for any other HK members who want to contact me directly.

Would be grateful if i could be amongst those in the know; thanks Old Expat Beast I'll look forward to joining your next gtg session whenever that may be.

Old 10 March 2017, 12:02 AM   #5
Kenrocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
You know it's a great idea. A lot of us in Asia for whatever reason can't quite make it to Vegas.

It has been discussed here before. Gerardo and I talked about creating an Asia GTG and in poll results Hong Kong won out. Gerardo asked me to take point on this however it kind of fell through as I've never been to Hong Kong and logistically would struggle to make this memorable.

See thread below.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=429891

If any Hong Kong members want to take ownership of this and make it happen I'll be there.

Hello Gaijin,

what a shame the call for a hk trip did materialize last year, but good to know there are interests out there.

Being from Hong Kong I do think that a visit here would be fruitful especially for TRF members who have never been here.

But I'm new in the Rolex watch scene so there's a lot for me to discover before I'm proficient enough to own up and to organize anything serious.

If I have a chance to meet up with local members who could share ideas of possible plans of itinerary, I think may be there's a potential for me and/or some of us here to pull something off for TRF members who are interested.

Side topic: I will be in Tokyo for a week end of this month and am planning to do some watch sightseeing there (maybe some watch shopping as well - weak yen and tax refund). Anyone who is kind enough to share info would be appreciated.

Old 10 March 2017, 10:34 AM   #6
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
There are many threads about Tokyo Rolex shopping.

This is a good start. Recent thread.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=525573
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote