ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Jokes & Cartoons

Old 12 March 2017, 12:18 PM   #1
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Perfect smile......not

http://www.highya.com/perfect-smile-teeth-reviews

I bought these veneers with hopes of looking good for an upcoming job interview. Of course, I was anxious and looking forward to making the best impression I could in order to obtain my dream job in advertising.

When these teeth came in the mail, I was happy with hopes of looking good. I did everything as instructed (boiling until the adhesive was clear and waiting 10 to 15 minutes afterward), and slowly my enthusiasm turned to feelings of doom when trying to "fit" these teeth. They were a little loose and would not adhere as advertised.

I did everything that I could think of when my doomed feelings went to desperate. I even opted for drying my teeth and utilizing super glue (in certain areas).

Well, the day came for my interview. I put on my suit and shined my shoes. I dried my teeth, put super glue in those particular areas, and put those damn things in my mouth. Now, prior to this day, the longest I had a PERFECT SMILE in my mouth was only for a couple of minutes. So now here I am, with extra super glue dripping from my dried teeth, and mounting these damn things in my mouth. Uncomfortable, the stinging smell of super glue going up into my nasal passages, and not to mention the awful taste! Yuk. All of which I will not forget anytime soon.

Okay, I get to my interview 30 minutes early, and so I went to the bathroom after checking in with the receptionist to make sure everything looked good. I stood there looking in the mirror. My suit was nice and creased, my hair was just right, but then that's when I immediately noticed my lips! My lips had swollen from the superglue that I used to keep these damn teeth in my mouth. Not only were my lips swollen, but I also looked quite buck-tooth as heck!

I tried pulling those teeth from my mouth! I couldn't get the damn things out. I yanked, tugged, pulled, and prayed, but they were not budging. Oh great! What was I suppose to do? My interview was now 15 minutes away, and I was looking like a character from "the Simpsons!"

Like a trooper, I went into the interview room and met with my prospective boss. As we sat there, with questions being directed at me regarding past work experiences, he never looked away from my mouth. He stared at my mouth as each question was being dealt with and his eyes never left that area. Inside I was feeling self-conscious of my teeth, and I just wanted to scream, but I continued. Over an hour later the torture (in my mind it was) finally came to an end. We shook hands, and I was told that I may hear back within a couple of weeks, but his eyes stayed looking at my lips.

After leaving the interview, I jumped in the car and raced home. I wanted these things out! They were hurting, and the nasty taste of superglue was still quite evident.

While racing home, it was my luck to have a police officer pull me over for speeding (200 feet from my front door). When the officer came to my open car window, I heard, "License, registration, and insurance please." I fumbled around the glove box and got all that was requested of me. As I handed the officer my license, he looked at it and then at me, and asked if everything was okay. He further asked if I was having a medical episode, possibly a bee sting (and thinking I was allergic), due to the enormous size of my lips. I told him that I was having an allergic reaction to something I ate earlier (I know I lied, but I was hoping for him to let me go without a ticket while feeling sorry for me), but after saying that, he immediately called for an ambulance to come by and either see if I was okay or to transport me to the hospital.

While trying to convince the officer that I was okay, the ambulance came roaring in, the paramedics jumped out, and before I knew it, I was laying down on the ground. I had a blood pressure cuff on one arm, a paramedic on my other arm checking my pulse, and yet another one with a flashlight checking my pupil dilation. Before I could say "Ouch," I was getting a Benadryl shot in my arm! Then one paramedic asked me if I felt the need to be transported to the nearest ER, I replied that I was feeling better (again another lie). After signing the documents that the paramedics provided me, the ambulance departed, and the officer let me go.

When I finally got into the house, I ran into the bathroom with my bottle of superglue remover and dumped it in my mouth. I swirled and gurgled this nasty liquid, and I repeated this over and over, for at least 45 minutes, before those damn veneer teeth (by Perfect Smile Vaneers) came loose enough to pull out.

Talk about a crazy day! And it all started with this idea of trying to make my teeth look better and make a good impression by ordering this crappy item.

The swelling in my mouth lasted for almost a few days before I felt "normal looking" enough to leave my apartment. This is the last time I ever, and I do mean EVER order junk like that from a television commercial.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2017, 12:46 PM   #2
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I read this anxiously awaiting a punch line. I thought it was a joke.

I'm sorry you had to go through this but you're likely to get better exposure, and therefore advice, in the General Discussion forum

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
I read this anxiously awaiting a punch line. I thought it was a joke.

I'm sorry you had to go through this but you're likely to get better exposure, and therefore advice, in the General Discussion forum
It's not me, it's a review. I thought it was funny. Not a joke though.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2017, 01:04 PM   #4
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
It's not me, it's a review. I thought it was funny. Not a joke though.
It's sort of funny, right enough. Whilst I'm glad it wasn't you, you gotta feel for the poor guy that wrote the review.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2017, 03:18 PM   #5
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2017, 07:49 PM   #6
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Psmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2017, 01:06 AM   #7
keithl
"TRF" Member