The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 March 2017, 09:27 PM   #31
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
If there is 100 U.K. Dealers and they get 4 a year, then assuming France then Germany the number sounds very low
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 10:22 PM   #32
David cote
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Watches etc
Maybe for sale right now around the watch forums and the bay and other sites!!!! I see everyone selling them and trying to get the premium price for them. So there seem like there no short supply just high price.

: dummy:
David cote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 11:18 PM   #33
Devlred
"TRF" Member

Watch: BP Fifty Fathoms
I was also told from a big AD from middle east that they receive 2 (one of each color) per month and the AD has waiting lists for 2 years. I believe Rolex decides the number of watches per Country and then it depends on how many ADs there are in that country.

Edit* Regarding the info for a production of only 2000 per year, i believe these are bullsh*t rumors just to increase the hype.
Devlred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 11:55 PM   #34
Kenrocks
"TRF" Member

I'm new to the Rolex scene so may be some of you guys can tell better if this is true what more than one AD told me : they said it's always like that when it comes to SS Daytona. Since the days of 16520 you would never see them in display, throughout the time from it's launch to discontinuation. Because they will be snapped up right away before they hit the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kenrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 01:33 AM   #35
Danex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Perhaps 2000 per year is the number just for Rolex USA.
Yet I think this employee of your AD is just spouting BS, with a mind to getting customers into a watch that is in stock.

116520 Cosmograph Daytona
116622 & 16622 Yacht-Master
114060 & 14060 Submariner
Danex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 01:47 AM   #36
marcopome
"TRF" Member

I don't know if 2000 watches per Y is the right number...but what I know for sure is that a friend of mine...Rolex AD owner...gets max 3/4 pieces per Year...
If this is the average we can calculate the average...more or less...
Considering that the big dealers like Mayors in the US...I'm sure they gets an higher qty per Y....

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
marcopome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 01:55 AM   #37
marcopome
"TRF" Member

What I hope is that.....
On 2018 the actual case of the Daytona from the 16520 till today, will celebrate 30 years of application...
I hope Rolex is going to review the shape, which is the only one of Sports models that is avoiding invasive restyling...
If this will happen...the rare 116500LN...like for the 116600, would have been produced for only 2 years...
I'm dreaming

Old 29 March 2017, 01:56 AM   #38
marcopome
"TRF" Member

3 years for the 116600...

Old 29 March 2017, 01:59 AM   #39
marcopome
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Perhaps 2000 per year is the number just for Rolex USA.
Yet I think this employee of your AD is just spouting BS, with a mind to getting customers into a watch that is in stock.

I really don't think that Rolex needs to convince anybody to buy the 116500LN...
Mostly they avoid buyers of that watch as much as possible...

Old 29 March 2017, 02:57 AM   #40
Rol604
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Panerai
I recently spoke to my AD he told me they have been getting steady 1-2/month until early this year, in the last few months they have gotten 1 total.
Rol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 03:38 AM   #41
Pius XIII
"TRF" Member

I just added myself to the list at the local AD for a white dial. They said there are 5 people ahead of me and to expect about a 9 month wait. My math tells me they must get one about once every other month. Surprisingly they said I could have the black dial much sooner in about 2-3 months. I believe they only add customers to the list who have made prior purchases.
Pius XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 04:38 AM   #42
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius XIII View Post
I just added myself to the list at the local AD for a white dial. They said there are 5 people ahead of me and to expect about a 9 month wait. My math tells me they must get one about once every other month. Surprisingly they said I could have the black dial much sooner in about 2-3 months. I believe they only add customers to the list who have made prior purchases.

large or small AD?
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:18 AM   #43
marcopome
"TRF" Member

Yes they add to the list the best customers that regularly spend money during the year...
Anybody would do the same if Rolex send very few pieces per year...

Old 29 March 2017, 05:26 AM   #44
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
that is not accurate.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:31 AM   #45
marcopome
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius XIII View Post

The difference in the waiting list is that statistically the white dial is a little more requested...that's why they offered you the black dial...they just made a prediction on the Rolex delivery on which they absolutely an no control or option...
In my opinion the black is much nicer than the white one...
Personally when I took my black one, after me there was another man that was called to take his white 116500ln...when he saw both watches live...believe me he got mad...he stayed for 1/2 hour with both watches on the wrist...shaking his head...With the AD seller we were laughing and trying to convince him to buy them both...
I think this is what he did...take his white one and order a black...

Old 29 March 2017, 05:40 AM   #46
Pius XIII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
large or small AD?
This was a smaller AD.
Pius XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:46 AM   #47
FK77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
I was at Zurich Airport on Sunday and the lady told me they had only received Daytona C twice since the launch. If true, that means 2 watches in a year! That was at an AD having a really nice selection of SS on display ... all the popular models apart from Daytona, D-Blue and BLNR were there. She said Daytona was the rarest, then BLNR and then D-Blue based on what they had been receiving.
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:46 AM   #48
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
2 smaller ADs from whom I have purchased 1 watch each just said they don't know how many and when they will get a C. I'm on their lists whatever that means. I don't think it really matters if I'm no.1 or 100, the next watch will go to whoever the owner wants it to go to.
No hard feelings, they know I want one and I'm ready to purchase when they call me. They likely have other customers who have spent a lot more with each of them that have expressed formal or informal interest in obtaining one - Let's call this the pocket list. Those on the pocket list would probably get first rights of refusal on the next one they receive before they start calling those of us on the other list of potential buyers.
FWIW, I've been waiting 6 months. Any ill feelings I may have rest with Rolex who, not with the ADs.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:49 AM   #49
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Even 8-10,000 would only be 1% of production and still would seem a poor allocation for their most famous and demanded piece. I'd rather get the money in than bask in the hype/increasing disdain.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 06:00 AM   #50
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Even 8-10,000 would only be 1% of production and still would seem a poor allocation for their most famous and demanded piece. I'd rather get the money in than bask in the hype/increasing disdain.
My money is going towards the Oysterflex Daytona WG, just from a different AD

Whatever the production is, I think it should be targeted to make availability closer to that of the BLNR and Sub LV IMO. Rolex doesn't seem to understand the concept of negative goodwill
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 06:02 AM   #51
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

Rolex have a classic problem; they make, say, 800,000 watches a year. What is the 'mix' of models which maximises profit? Remember there are some 400 versions of the Date-Just alone. Somewhere there must be a production plan, driven by maximising earnings. If making more Daytona improved profits, that is the road they would take. They are a hard-nosed business, and will act accordingly.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 06:07 AM   #52
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
Rolex have a classic problem; they make, say, 800,000 watches a year. What is the 'mix' of models which maximises profit? Remember there are some 400 versions of the Date-Just alone. Somewhere there must be a production plan, driven by maximising earnings. If making more Daytona improved profits, that is the road they would take. They are a hard-nosed business, and will act accordingly.
I think it's safe to assume profit margins are greater on TT and precious metal Daytonas and Rolex would rather package the 4130 in those than SS. Hoping for a scarcity effect to drive demand up the model range. Just my opinion
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 06:14 AM   #53
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
The production is much higher than this. I would say maybe 20,000 per year. Major ADs in NYC get about 2+ a month despite what they will otherwise tell you. The artificial scarcity is the same game that nightclubs play with the lines outside, Adidas and Nike with Kanye West's Yeezys, etc. Rolex knows what they're doing. Let's be honest, there are people who only want this watch because it is hard to get. It's all a scheme to get people to visit ADs and leave with a consolation watch, PM at best and SS at worst. After you ask to be placed on the list, you will immediately be asked if you want to try on some other watches. This strategy works incredibly well with all luxury goods and in this case has probably even exceeded Rolex's own expectations. With an average 4-5yr wait most customers are going to purchase another Rolex for sure before then and even at the AD to try move themselves up the "list." Those willing to pay the premium for bragging rights can do so at any time.

TT and gold Daytonas are readily available nearly everywhere. They don't have any problem supplying those. Right now on Chrono24 there are roughly 185 DaytonaCs for sale and 217 BLNRs. Obviously they make a lot more Batmans and they are now in their 5th year of production but if the 2,000 production figure were true, there would be far fewer Daytona Cs available on the GM unless a large percentage of retail buyers are immediately flipping the watch but since it is the watch to have right now I'm sure most are keeping them to flaunt or either keep in a safe NOS.
Old 29 March 2017, 06:18 AM   #54
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I think it's safe to assume profit margins are greater on TT and precious metal Daytonas and Rolex would rather package the 4130 in those than SS. Hoping for a scarcity effect to drive demand up the model range. Just my opinion
For sure. The margins on SS models are the lowest since you are getting the same movement, same quality of fit and finish, same bracelets. This is why the residual values on SS models are the best and why these models are not discounted much more than 5-10%. Producing TT and PM models doesn't take them any more effort. The watches that do are those with stones and precious gems. Those have to be sorted, matched and set which involves a lot more work and they are priced accordingly.
Old 29 March 2017, 08:00 AM   #55
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Daytona C 116500 Production

If they would only make 2,001 this year One is all I need!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 08:30 AM   #56
marcopome
"TRF" Member

In my opinion 4 watches each dealer per Year is even too much...
I expect less...I hope less

Old 29 March 2017, 10:22 AM   #57
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
My money is going towards the Oysterflex Daytona WG, just from a different AD

Whatever the production is, I think it should be targeted to make availability closer to that of the BLNR and Sub LV IMO. Rolex doesn't seem to understand the concept of negative goodwill
Do you expect a decent discount on the WG from your AD? In UK this is going to be tough going for a while even for the PM.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 04:50 PM   #58
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Do you expect a decent discount on the WG from your AD? In UK this is going to be tough going for a while even for the PM.
I'm going to enquire, I know one AD I've purchased from offered me just under 15% off the DD40 (olive dial) not long after Basel and would of been the first they had seen.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:04 PM   #59
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

My AD in NY gets 3-4 per month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 05:15 PM   #60
jamesreid978
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopome View Post
In my opinion 4 watches each dealer per Year is even too much...
I expect less...I hope less

In your opinion because you already have one...
jamesreid978 is offline   Reply With Quote