The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 August 2016, 06:47 AM   #25621
SearChart
TechXpert

90f, high humidity and no air-conditioning. I'm melting.
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2016, 04:55 AM   #25622
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Hi to everyone…..my year has not gone as planned and have had to deal with a few health issues. But my spirit, love of nature and life including gratitude will stay strong and never change…..I wish everyone only their best and grab life as it passes you by!!!

Take care…..Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2016, 04:46 PM   #25623
cecilia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Philippe
Hi all, just a quick visit. Welcome to the coffee shop phenom. 👋
cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 02:08 PM   #25624
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Yeah Leo Ive had more health issues crop up....now have MS being the main one....had two "attacks" this year and each time i ended up in bed for two weeks. Auto immune has gone crazy too. oh well what can you do?
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 02:36 AM   #25625
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
Yeah Leo Ive had more health issues crop up....now have MS being the main one....had two "attacks" this year and each time i ended up in bed for two weeks. Auto immune has gone crazy too. oh well what can you do?
Sorry to hear, Greg! Ms is a horrible thing to deal with. Hang in there!
Old 6 November 2016, 01:55 AM   #25626
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
So sorry to hear Greg, I hope you can keep it under control as long as possible so that you can enjoy life.
Old 1 December 2016, 05:47 PM   #25627
SearChart
TechXpert

Morning run from this week(half marathon..), froze my butt off
Everything still hurts so we're going for a 5km today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161129_091857021_HDR.jpg (80.6 KB, 727 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161129_091936344.jpg (118.7 KB, 728 views)
Old 2 December 2016, 12:55 AM   #25628
gmh1013
Banned

After 10 days in Hospital im glad to be home

After feeling bad for weeks I finally told me wife "Im going to die in 24 hours" The pain I was in was so bad no pain killer I had would have any effect....and I have hydrocodone,ms contin, methadone....even morphine IV would not stop it.
Dr. told I had viral pericarditis...after 3 days in ICU.....they decided to stick a fine needle in heart to drain off fluid.....as bad as it sounds i felt better in a few hours. I just got out on Monday doc told be i have good chance of getting again.....and nothing really you can do to stop it. Im use to pain....but that was worse thing ive ever experienced.
Old 2 December 2016, 12:59 AM   #25629
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
After feeling bad for weeks I finally told me wife "Im going to die in 24 hours" The pain I was in was so bad no pain killer I had would have any effect....and I have hydrocodone,ms contin, methadone....even morphine IV would not stop it.
Dr. told I had viral pericarditis...after 3 days in ICU.....they decided to stick a fine needle in heart to drain off fluid.....as bad as it sounds i felt better in a few hours. I just got out on Monday doc told be i have good chance of getting again.....and nothing really you can do to stop it. Im use to pain....but that was worse thing ive ever experienced.
Very very sorry to hear that Greg, I can't even imagine the pain and fear you have to go through. Stay strong.
Old 3 December 2016, 10:18 AM   #25630
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Know you've got a whole community behind you, Sir! Soak in the little things that make your day shine brighter: A tasty treat, a dear friend, a long scenic drive. Little things add up to a lot, and you've got a lot of little friends on this forum for you. Stay up, buddy!

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

ref. 116520 Daytona - 10/2014
KrismanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2016, 08:16 AM   #25631
figbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: tt GMT2c,Omega
I see dead people...

p club member #9
figbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2016, 08:19 AM   #25632
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by figbo View Post
I see dead people...
You, sir, are quite a downer.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2016, 08:23 AM   #25633
figbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: tt GMT2c,Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
You, sir, are quite a downer.
Howdy,God!

p club member #9
figbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2016, 04:28 PM   #25634
edamato
"TRF" Member

Hello. I don't know how to work this forum i am trying to buy my future son in law a watch winder for a rolex watch his dad bought for him. We know nothing about rolex and my daughter told us he needs a winder. Its a rolex oyster perpetual datejust if that makes sense. Help!
edamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2016, 12:42 PM   #25635
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by edamato View Post
Hello. I don't know how to work this forum i am trying to buy my future son in law a watch winder for a rolex watch his dad bought for him. We know nothing about rolex and my daughter told us he needs a winder. Its a rolex oyster perpetual datejust if that makes sense. Help!
Welcome to TRF,

It's nice of you to want to please your son in law with a watch winder.

Speaking for myself I do not have one but you can find plenty of them online and in various jewelry stores, I cannot really say if one is much better than another but since Rolex watches have bi-directional rotors for their automatic systems you could find one that can rotate both ways and let him know, I am sure he will like the attention of thinking about such a detail.

After that, all I can tell you is have fun shopping for a nice looking model, I know some of them look quite pretty on a desk, I am sure you can find something lovely.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 05:16 PM   #25636
KendallTillman
"TRF" Member

That's really a good idea count me in...!!
KendallTillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 05:53 PM   #25637
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figbo View Post
I see dead people...
??

A strange post, even for you.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 05:55 AM   #25638
wjluxury
"TRF" Member

Loving this!!! :)
wjluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 06:10 AM   #25639
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjluxury View Post
Loving this!!! :)
Old 16 July 2017, 03:16 AM   #25640
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Hello Everybody..

Wow, been AGES since I've been here. Lots of stuff gone on since I've been here last. Some good, some not so good & the not so good stuff, well, kept me off the forums. No mental energy or emotional energy to be looking at fun stuff. I hope though, that everyone has been doing great in general & in health. :-) Healthwise, I'm doing ok. My left thumb has healed as best as it can & the surgeon has said I am able to use it at full capacity which is awesome news. This issue has been quite an emotional roller coaster. Still dealing with lawyers but all is good. Onward & upward. :-)
My mom passed away Oct.10th. Even though we all know how devastating Alzheimers can be, it happens SO fast which made it more difficult to handle. From having trouble swallowing to passing away, was just 6 weeks. What a nightmare time it was. My brother & I had encouraged our dad to go to see his family in Italy as a couple brothers were sick themselves. So off he goes. He was only gone 1 week when my mom had her 1st choking spell & spent the long weekend in Sept in the hospital. The hospital she was in was a s***h*** & no way could I leave her alone so it was day & night sitting by her side. She was not able to talk. Even in distress, my sweet mother would smile & laugh. They though she was ok but wasn't. The hospital sure got a special letter from me alright. :-/ That damn disease didn't rob her of her personality thank god. So..she got discharged too soon despite my protestations. Well, a week later, she was back in ER with aspiration pneumonia only worse. After a couple days we called our father to come home. She was not recovering. She left the hospital the 2nd time as a palliative patient. No further measures & we watched her over the course of 2 weeks. She left us peacefully & completely medicated. I wasn't going to let her go out of this world any other way but in a peaceful state. ** sigh ** I wish I could say that the experience was a great one but it sure wasn't. Incompetant medical care & nursing care was really draining. Letters were written & at least the facility admitted their errors but sure didn't help that no one was listening to me. I can be a bit aggressive. LMAO Hey, I'm a daughter, Italian to boot, & an ICU nurse so don't piss me off or else. ;-D Anyway, didn't mean to go into a huge story but all of that "stuff" I mentioned earlier just weighted me down so much that sparklies & watches & fun stuff were the last things on my mind. Thank you to those who sent me birthday wishes in February. I still wasn't yet back to myself. Winter blues suck. Plus, was busy helping my brother out at his place with reno's. I like that kind of stuff. I'm a good painter & he took advantage of that. LOL

I'm now back to my old self & looking forward to being back on the forum. I really do need to sell my Submariner, sadly, I have not worn it for a couple yrs now & although my hand has improved, the muscle mass I've lost, it is really too heavy & bulky to wear. :-( BUT, there are other models, although limited because I need to cap my size off at 36mm, but there are some options I can look into. :-)

How has the summer been going for everyone? It's been typical summer here in the Toronto area. A bit more rain than we're used to but otherwise ok. We had a few days of intense heat just as my air conditioning stopped working. LOL Now that I have a new compressor, it's cool enough I don't need it. LOL What a kick in the head. Anyway, if or when we get hot weather, I'll be cool & comfy. ;-)

I'm off to catch up on what's been going on around here. :-)

Judy
:-)
vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 10:04 AM   #25641
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Hi Judy, good to hear from you. Really sorry to hear about your Mum.

I'm fine. Got made redundant after 18 years with the company, was my first job. Not a shock really as had known this was gonna happen for a while. Sucks a bit looking for a new job, not sure it is gonna be easy. Got paid out though. At least it is summer so can work on my golf game.

Get that sub sold then, free up some funds for a new watch :)

Take care.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 03:49 AM   #25642
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Oh boy, I'm an idiot. I totally skimmed over Lion & Greg's posts! I hope you both are doing ok. :-(

Wes, oh no! That's terrible! I like your positive outlook. Ok, so by "golf game", are you referring to your putting green you set up way back when in your living room? You do anymore reno's on your place?

I've had a lot of conflicting emotions over that darned Sub. I love it, everything about it & have always wanted one. Was over the moon when I bought it. It's so shallow to admit, but I feel like the cats ass wearing it. I can either sell it & buy the blue dial DJ I've wanted to add or just keep it to sell in future (value will probably increase) or for an heirloom piece for my brother / nephew. I'm anxious to sell it privately for safety reasons. I've read the threads on how to be safe & I'm sure I can handle it. I am more of a buyer & not a seller. I'll check the sale threads & get an idea of what people are asking for this model. There's always a trade option too I should consider.
Old 17 July 2017, 04:04 AM   #25643
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Judy, so good to hear from you. Truly sorry about your mom. But she's probably better off now. Hope you can pick up here. Glad you're back.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 05:13 AM   #25644
hers4eva
"TRF" Member

Hi Judy,
I am new here and was reading your recent post and wanted to say hi and send you a cyber hug.
hers4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 08:31 AM   #25645
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Hi Judy!!!! It's been way too long. So sorry about your mom's passing. Can't imagine all the stress and utter exhaustion- but I'm sure there's comfort you feel knowing she's at peace finally.

I know what you mean about your Sub. I had one for about 4.5 years and while I enjoyed it at first, there came a time when I had to admit it wasn't 'doing it' for me anymore. Great classic but rather get something you will enjoy wearing!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 04:41 PM   #25646
gmh1013
Banned

Hi Judy.....sorry to hear about your mothers passing from that horrible disease......my mother took about 8 years for it to get her. Now that im sixty im horrified I may get it too.
Dont wait so long to post and glad to hear you are doing ok.
Old 17 July 2017, 05:46 PM   #25647
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Hi Everybody,
Thank you for your welcome back & your condolences. :-) My sweet mother is in my thoughts every day. I often will grab a coffee & a cannoli & go chat with her a bit. LOL It sounds ludicrous but keeps me connected. Also helps she's in an indoor mausoleum so I can sit inside. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to all her neighbours too. hahaha But I sometimes worry that if I'm having espresso & a cannoli, will someone's ghost come & slap that out of my hand in defiance. LOL LOL They are all Italian. LOL

Glad to be back posting like the old days. :-) But boy the coffeeshop has been pretty quiet the last few months. Thank you hers4eva for the virtual hug. :-) Nice to meet you & welcome to TRF. If that's your DJ in your avatar, it's beautiful. :-)

Hi Karis!! Nice to see you again after all this time. How is the baby? Or are there 2 at this point? LOL I agree about the watch. It's really become a dilemma. I totally forgot the issues of finding some nato straps to try as I was given this advice last year when I was humming & hawing about this very thing. I was so unsure, I shelved the watch to deal with at a different time, well, that different time is come around. I still in my deepest part of my heart still think the actual dial is the problem being so large. BUT, I'll give the nato a try. In the meantime I'll check around with some grey sellers & see what they have. I wouldn't mind either a 116000 Oyster perpetual , Blue, 3-6-9- or a 116200 Datejust with domed bezel, oyster bracelet & blue dial with sticks.

I'm going to try searching the Tudor threads. I tried on the Black Bay 36. It's a nice watch, & looked great. But I'm not sure if it has an identity crisis. Looks great, elegant & sporty at the same time. If I want more of a sporty look I can use the nato strap. But every time I blinked I hoped a black bezel would appear. LOL It's not really a diver but it is. It did look great, & is a candidate although the blue dial has always been on my radar. Gorgeous blue. Karis, you still rocking your Daytona? Looks great on you.
Thanks Gus, I'm back & hope to contribute as much as I can. :-)

Greg, from diagnose to death was 9 yrs. She is not suffering any longer. I'm ok with her being at peace. I think anyone who has or has had a parent with Alzheimers second guesses if they have it too, including myself. What can we do if we get it? Live our lives the best & to the fullest we can.
I keep thinking, oh, I'll wait for Basel next year maybe they'll be what I want. Nope, been about 3 now that hasn't affected me personally. Eh, I'll keep my eyes out. :-D

PS.. having some insomnia tonight so excuse the typos.LOL
Old 17 July 2017, 06:18 PM   #25648
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi Judy,

Our condolences for your loss.
My mum left us in the same way a few years ago, she was in her mid 80's and had a good life.
I know it was a very difficult time.

I hope you are getting the all support that you need.

Nice to see you back with us on the Forum.

Eddie.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2017, 06:20 AM   #25649
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsignsrn View Post

Hi Karis!! Nice to see you again after all this time. How is the baby? Or are there 2 at this point? LOL I agree about the watch. It's really become a dilemma. I totally forgot the issues of finding some nato straps to try as I was given this advice last year when I was humming & hawing about this very thing. I was so unsure, I shelved the watch to deal with at a different time, well, that different time is come around. I still in my deepest part of my heart still think the actual dial is the problem being so large. BUT, I'll give the nato a try. In the meantime I'll check around with some grey sellers & see what they have. I wouldn't mind either a 116000 Oyster perpetual , Blue, 3-6-9- or a 116200 Datejust with domed bezel, oyster bracelet & blue dial with sticks.

I'm going to try searching the Tudor threads. I tried on the Black Bay 36. It's a nice watch, & looked great. But I'm not sure if it has an identity crisis. Looks great, elegant & sporty at the same time. If I want more of a sporty look I can use the nato strap. But every time I blinked I hoped a black bezel would appear. LOL It's not really a diver but it is. It did look great, & is a candidate although the blue dial has always been on my radar. Gorgeous blue. Karis, you still rocking your Daytona? Looks great on you.
My 'baby' is now three and a half!!!! CRAZY!!!! Time flies. Yes, still rocking my Daytona and adore it! Nothing else really sings to me as much. Dream of a rose gold Daytona but that's not happening any time soon! Take your time with deciding what you want.....the fun is in the hunt ! Keep us posted and take care of yourself my friend
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 01:25 AM   #25650
Sealturtle
"TRF" Member

Icon12 Let's get real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
JJ, you're welcome any time! I'll grab a cuppa for you while I'm up for a refill. Black? Sugar?
Make mine black please! Now can we please talk about where we want to travel next!? Take me to Siberia!!!!
Sealturtle is offline   Reply With Quote