The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 April 2013, 08:09 AM   #1
IIIJFRIII

Your thoughts on Carl F Bucherer

Hay guys need you help and advice. What do you guy think about the brand Carl F Bucherer? They seem to have a very big celebrity following including Sylvester Stallone. To me the brand seems very under apprechatted and unknown. I was looking the the patravi travelgraph, heres a picture, http://www.luxois.com/article/2011/0...raph-automatic . (black version)

Please tell me what you thoughts on the brand are, I really love that watch. Note It will be my first real watch. Its ether that or Omega 311.30.44.50.01.002, or a Navitimer. I love both those but the omega in person dose not look like its worth $6900, and the navitimer seems like everyone has one(I live on Long Island). What you guys think? Thanks alot guys hope all is well!
IIIJFRIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Dom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, FPJ
CFB has come a long way. They have beautiful watches. I am sure you would enjoy the watch and yes, not everybody wears one!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 02:32 PM   #3
wingku
"TRF" Member

Watch: the World unfold
If you really love it and want a quality brand but not everyone has one, then go for it. Kinda funny you said it seems like everyone in Long Island has a Breitling Navitimer....lol
wingku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 04:57 PM   #4
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
They make a really nice watch! I met some of the people that work for them and they are excited about their watches! They have some innovative models with their own in house movements. Enjoy!

Sent from Kevin's Tapatalk!
Old 25 April 2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

I'm sure they are very fine - I've looked at them here at the Bucherer store in Zurich.
Not my thing, but beautifully made, of course. Personally, I don't like the name/branding, even though it is honest and not contrived. A bit of a mouthful and too long on the dial. They could have just called them Bucherer, and even that is a bit awkward to say, unless you have Germanic roots.
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 07:52 PM   #6
IIIJFRIII

Thanks alot guys! One more question, Im a noob when it come to watch movements, do they have a good one?
Old 25 April 2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Get the Omega.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Brisman
"TRF" Member

Not sure about the modern ones but I love this old Bucherer Archimedes beater I have from 1971.

Super Compressor, rotating internal bezel, funky.

Brisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 11:49 PM   #9
IIIJFRIII

Wow, nice watch Brisman!
Old 25 April 2013, 11:51 PM   #10
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIJFRIII View Post
Wow, nice watch Brisman!
x2 very cool
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2013, 01:02 AM   #11
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose DD
Quote:
Wow, nice watch Brisman!
x3
Like that a lot !!
dbelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2013, 11:37 AM   #12
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Here's a good article on movements:

http://www.timezone.com/2012/11/29/a...rl-f-bucherer/

They've come a long way.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2013, 12:30 PM   #13
IIIJFRIII

Thanks alot for the help and article yessir69! I love CFB so much. They're technical looking chrono's draw me in very fast, faster then even brietling dose.

First 4 watches on my list, Carl F. Bucherer travelgraph, Rolex Deepsea, Brietling Navitimer 01, and Omega Speedmaster co-axial (311.30.44.50.01.002).

Thank you all for your help, please keep it up! Its helping me decide!
Old 25 July 2013, 04:08 AM   #14
cger
"TRF" Member

They are really nice and well made watches.
Don't buy into Stallone thing, he was handed this watch to wear that day, and he did. He did not own it.
That said, the watches are super nice, most use ETA movements but they also started their own in-house movt.
One thing to note is that they really, really loose value a lot!
You can find gently used for 70% and more off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
cger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2013, 07:43 AM   #15
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Very nice watches, innovative company.

What bothers me is their price point is creeping up into JLC territory. Between the two I would take the JLC everytime.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2013, 08:52 PM   #16
robisan
"TRF" Member

If you really like the Bucherer get it, the brand is not that famous and can be a conversational piece.
robisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2013, 12:51 PM   #17
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
I was going after one once but i got an omega speedmaster instead. Im glad i did.
Wacker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2013, 08:45 PM   #18
prerid
"TRF" Member

Bucherer has been around since a long time. Earlier they were branded as "Bucherer" and recently overhauled their brand and image and emerged as a movement manufacturer claiming a lot of things. Their watches are really good. If you like them, buy them. Like someone said above, they loose a lot of value. In fact some dealers give upto 50% for brand new. In the gulf (correct me f I am wrong) where gifting watches is a standard thing, these watches sell for 65% disc on new. In my opinion they are just trying to grab a share of the luxury market which has been dominated by the likes of Rolex, AP, GP, PP, VC, Panerai etc. But they are still a relatively new brand and seem to have found themselves in what is called the grey area (between real luxury and affordability) but pretending to be luxury.
prerid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2016, 02:26 AM   #19
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
A really good post, not much talk here about Bucherer, and I've not examined any in person but I like what I see in their ads. Presume the OP has decided on a watch by now, two years is a long time to 'shop' !
For once I'm sold on a particular model, the look, the features, regardless of the brand, its reliability that counts.
Is there a site where one can go to find independent objective information on brand reliability?
Old 3 March 2016, 12:12 PM   #20
statsman
"TRF" Member

I read they have a big store, also selling other brands, on Haussmann in Paris. I would like to check them out.
statsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2016, 05:58 AM   #21
Daytona88
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5712
I just went to my local Rolex AD and they are also a CFB AD. They are beautiful watches with some awesome complications. I just tried on a perpetual calendar with month, day of week, date, and moon phase as well as a tourbillon. They have been around for 125 years.
Daytona88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 12:24 AM   #22
ortiz317
"TRF" Member

Resurrecting an old thread.

I went to Tourneau and tried on a Manero Flyback Chrono. I’ve heard of the brand on and off but I wasn’t that familiar with them.

I agree with op, everyone on Long Island has the big brands, Rolex, Omega, and especially Breitling!

I tried on several watches including the Breitling Premier, and a three hand Navitimer. I felt like the CFB was the best looking watch I tried on that was in stock and had the most to offer: flyback chrono, alligator strap with deployant, very pretty finishing with a see thru case back.

I know the market has changed substantially since this post went up and shortages are driving up prices so there seems to be very little discounting. With Tourneau being owned by Bucherer the AD (not to be confused with Carl F. Bucherer the brand), it seems like they are willing to negotiate.

I had to walked in looking at the Tudor BB58 but I wanted something dressier. According to everything I’ve read online and the salespeople I’ve spoken with, I was lucky that they had one on bracelet in stock. The benefit of the Tudor is the relative (and possibly intentional) scarcity and resale value.

I don’t plan to sell the watch as I want this to be an heirloom to hand down to one of my kids but I would feel better if the CFB had better resale.

I’m leaning towards getting the Flyback Chrono as the looks and what it offers really appeal to me. And even though I’m an average sized guy, I like how the watch fits my wrist. I guess I’m just doing the mental calculus.

My decision comes to do I buy the watch I truly like and damn be the consequences in regard to resale OR do I buy the Tudor and not take a loss if I move it along.

I’m putting this out there for my own benefit. I’m getting it in writing so I can sort out my thoughts. If you want to comment feel free but I just ask that you be kind. Thanks for letting me express myself.
ortiz317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 09:52 AM   #23
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortiz317 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread.

I went to Tourneau and tried on a Manero Flyback Chrono. I’ve heard of the brand on and off but I wasn’t that familiar with them.

I agree with op, everyone on Long Island has the big brands, Rolex, Omega, and especially Breitling!

I tried on several watches including the Breitling Premier, and a three hand Navitimer. I felt like the CFB was the best looking watch I tried on that was in stock and had the most to offer: flyback chrono, alligator strap with deployant, very pretty finishing with a see thru case back.

I know the market has changed substantially since this post went up and shortages are driving up prices so there seems to be very little discounting. With Tourneau being owned by Bucherer the AD (not to be confused with Carl F. Bucherer the brand), it seems like they are willing to negotiate.

I had to walked in looking at the Tudor BB58 but I wanted something dressier. According to everything I’ve read online and the salespeople I’ve spoken with, I was lucky that they had one on bracelet in stock. The benefit of the Tudor is the relative (and possibly intentional) scarcity and resale value.

I don’t plan to sell the watch as I want this to be an heirloom to hand down to one of my kids but I would feel better if the CFB had better resale.

I’m leaning towards getting the Flyback Chrono as the looks and what it offers really appeal to me. And even though I’m an average sized guy, I like how the watch fits my wrist. I guess I’m just doing the mental calculus.

My decision comes to do I buy the watch I truly like and damn be the consequences in regard to resale OR do I buy the Tudor and not take a loss if I move it along.

I’m putting this out there for my own benefit. I’m getting it in writing so I can sort out my thoughts. If you want to comment feel free but I just ask that you be kind. Thanks for letting me express myself.
If resale is of any consideration whatsoever, you must pass on CFB…they are simply unsaleable on the secondary market.

In other words, if you buy it, you better love it.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 10:10 AM   #24
woodbine
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hay guys need you help and advice. What do you guy think about the brand Carl F Bucherer? They seem to have a very big celebrity following including Sylvester Stallone. To me the brand seems very under apprechatted and unknown. I was looking the the patravi travelgraph, heres a picture, http://www.luxois.com/article/2011/0...raph-automatic . (black version)

Please tell me what you thoughts on the brand are, I really love that watch. Note It will be my first real watch. Its ether that or Omega 311.30.44.50.01.002, or a Navitimer. I love both those but the omega in person dose not look like its worth $6900, and the navitimer seems like everyone has one(I live on Long Island). What you guys think? Thanks alot guys hope all is well!

Burcherer is a great watch and a long term partner of Rolex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 78881E66-E102-42FC-A69A-7BDCE6CED1C2.jpeg (93.6 KB, 145 views)
woodbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 12:06 PM   #25
ortiz317
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the response Fleetbird and woodbine.
Old 12 August 2021, 07:38 PM   #26
watchrocker
Banned

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashid.bk View Post
get the omega.
Yeah, get the Omega.
watchrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 12:20 AM   #27
ortiz317
"TRF" Member

Great thanks to the moderator for allowing me to post. I use Tapatalk and little did I realize that I was not subscribed to TRF. I will have to change my username to the one I use on all the watch forums (dsbe90) but for now I want to tell you the rest of my story.

I went back to the store with my wife on Sunday and showed her the watches I was considering. I made the case as for why I should get the Tudor based simply on resale. Once she saw the CFB Manero Flyback, she was smitten. I understand why she feels that way; it’s handsome and it’s got presence. I went ahead and bought it.

I love wearing it on my wrist. It’s really nice to look at. While I’m driving, you can see the contrast between the concentric circles on the dial and I love how the polished skeleton dauphine hands reflect light and stand out against the silver dial. I think that’s what I like most, the finishing is better than anything else I’ve owned. I also like the size of the watch on my wrist. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had several sub 40mm watches but the ones I like, I like them because they look nice on my wrist. Despite being 43mm, it wears well and looks nice. The minute circles on the dial and the polished and cantilevered bezel helps make the dial look appropriate and not like I’m wearing a platter on my wrist

I have woken up a couple of times in the last week and said to myself maybe I should have bought a Breitling or a preowned IWC. But that all comes down to branding, marketing, and doing it for others to see. I usually calm down when I look up Carl F. Bucherer and see their tourbillion, their minute repeaters and other novelties. It makes me feel like I can say to myself, this is a legitimate independent Swiss manufacturer that makes some respected haute horological pieces. I guess it’s a halo effect.

I also like the fact that it’s not conspicuous. There’s a lot of people around here that want to show off what they have. If anyone were to ask, I can tell them all about my CFB!

Upon completion of the purchase, my wife turned to me and said “Happy Anniversary”. We’re celebrating 20 years in March and now I have a special momento to commemorate our time together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk