The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 March 2017, 01:03 AM   #31
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

No hesalite for rm and sm but it was a cherry anyway... Omega wins hard this year... I'm not even sure if I'm awake (stuck in nightmare) on Rolex's side. Trilogy box for me most likely...... Not buying new Rolex helps free up funds.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 02:01 AM   #32
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post

Great job, Omega!
These aren't on the Omega site?

Scratches ≠ "Character"
outtatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 02:13 AM   #33
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Great job, Omega!
Yes!

Best Basel releases so far from any brand!
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 02:16 AM   #34
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtatime View Post
These aren't on the Omega site?
Here it is https://www.omegawatches.com/watches.../1957-trilogy/

I love all 3 but problem is all are LE and I don't want to fight with Omega fanatics and pay over retail or even full MSRP!!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 02:23 AM   #35
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Here it is https://www.omegawatches.com/watches.../1957-trilogy/

I love all 3 but problem is all are LE and I don't want to fight with Omega fanatics and pay over retail or even full MSRP!!
I think you'll be able to find the normal limited editions (3557 lot) without much issues from ads etc... That trilogy box on the other hand..... Just to be safe I already talked to boutique rep and put in my request for the trilogy box already..... No new Rolex this year makes this decision easier.
Old 23 March 2017, 06:14 AM   #36
Richmor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
That trilogy box on the other hand..... Just to be safe I already talked to boutique rep and put in my request for the trilogy box already..... No new Rolex this year makes this decision easier.
I was too looking forward to a new Rolex this morning. The rumored Daytona Coke. It didn't happen.
I then went to Omega site looking for what they will release for BASEL. Found the 60TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION Speedy. I currently have a CK2998. After looking at all three of the watches offered and decided to put my name in to purchase the Trilogy Set.

Good Luck
Richmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 06:47 AM   #37
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmor View Post
I was too looking forward to a new Rolex this morning. The rumored Daytona Coke. It didn't happen.
I then went to Omega site looking for what they will release for BASEL. Found the 60TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION Speedy. I currently have a CK2998. After looking at all three of the watches offered and decided to put my name in to purchase the Trilogy Set.

Good Luck
I'd hate to be the downer....but I am having second thoughts of the trilogy box after semi-confirming they're adding a trilogy # under the Speedmaster script on the trilogy box.....I am absolutely floored and confused why they'd do this to ruin a perfectly good thing.......I would never ruin that dial over some extra straps and a box....no matter how cool it'd be:

If this is confirmed and can't be opted out. I'd far rather buy the watches seperately.

EDIT: OK Wow, I just saw the source of that picture....it's on all three:

https://www.watchadvisor.com/news/ba...mited-editions

I am cancelling this....no way I'm going through with having that on all three watches.
Old 23 March 2017, 07:43 AM   #38
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'd hate to be the downer....but I am having second thoughts of the trilogy box after semi-confirming they're adding a trilogy # under the Speedmaster script on the trilogy box.....I am absolutely floored and confused why they'd do this to ruin a perfectly good thing.......I would never ruin that dial over some extra straps and a box....no matter how cool it'd be:

If this is confirmed and can't be opted out. I'd far rather buy the watches seperately.

EDIT: OK Wow, I just saw the source of that picture....it's on all three:

https://www.watchadvisor.com/news/ba...mited-editions

I am cancelling this....no way I'm going through with having that on all three watches.
Man, that's seriously lame.

I am very tempted by the Speedy, but can live without the other two so this isn't an issue for me.

I just don't understand why they couldn't add an engraving to the case back.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 07:44 AM   #39
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I moved away from trilogy thoughts when I read that as well. Don't like the Patek 40th engravings either.

My guess is the box has a long term collector value but it's not great for the wearer with that extra text.

Plus I flip so much getting the box is a big risk. If you want to flip one, that's a problem. Individual is the way to go. Plus, each comes with two straps so the 6 isn't greater than then sum of the parts strapwise.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 08:22 AM   #40
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I just need to know if the bracelets have PCLs or not and adjustable clasps.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 08:25 AM   #41
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Center links are brushed. Outer links are polished.

I don't know for sure, but I can almost guarantee that the clasp is adjustable.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 08:25 AM   #42
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
"All three watches are cased in brushed and polished stainless steel and feature a black 'tropical' dial, with vintage indexes slightly deepened to allow filling with Super-LumiNova. The stainless steel bracelets have been updated for strength and aesthetics and feature a retro-style OMEGA logo on the clasp."

From website.....all pictures show no pcl.....although everyone's dying to see the retro clasp and seeing if it's adjustable....knowing it's retro I don't think it's going to be quick adjustable but anything can happen heh.
Old 23 March 2017, 08:40 AM   #43
Richmor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Patek
Omega's Web page says each watch is engraved.
My salesman is sending email to his omega rep to find out about the dial on the watch.
Richmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 08:41 AM   #44
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Center links are brushed. Outer links are polished.

I don't know for sure, but I can almost guarantee that the clasp is adjustable.
Quote:
"All three watches are cased in brushed and polished stainless steel and feature a black 'tropical' dial, with vintage indexes slightly deepened to allow filling with Super-LumiNova. The stainless steel bracelets have been updated for strength and aesthetics and feature a retro-style OMEGA logo on the clasp."

From website.....all pictures show no pcl.....although everyone's dying to see the retro clasp and seeing if it's adjustable....knowing it's retro I don't think it's going to be quick adjustable but anything can happen heh.
Thanks guys. I browsed their website and could not find infos on the clasp so I asked here. First time in years that I'm really happy with their new watches.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 08:47 AM   #45
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmor View Post
Omega's Web page says each watch is engraved.
My salesman is sending email to his omega rep to find out about the dial on the watch.
Mine too but I'm not optimistic....you can clearly see the trilogy # text on the box set picture if you zoom in on their webpage...I find it deceiving they made no real mention of this though on their website. Terrible shame.

Quote:
Thanks guys. I browsed their website and could not find infos on the clasp so I asked here. First time in years that I'm really happy with their new watches.
Old 23 March 2017, 10:14 AM   #46
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
cant believe the interest in all of these over on OF. i put a deposit down at my Omega Boutique for the 300 and the salesman said he'd taken dozens of orders. im guessing the Speedy/SM at the very least sell out very quickly. omega knocked the cover off the ball with these. meanwhile, Rolex took an existing watch and added some paint and a few mm of metal to it.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote