The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24 March 2017, 11:11 AM   #31
corn18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post
Houston Roo. I never believed you. I have no interest in abusing costco but will do if costco is stupid enough to allow. apparently they are not stupid.

HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 116600
Quote:
some say this...i don't believe it....IF the watch is in the same condition, sure..maybe....if the watch has a cracked bezel and skid marks on the case i cannot see a refund from costco....

a rolex is not a $400 canoe

in fact i am going to go to costco tomorrow and ask and if i can return anytime in any condition than i will just buy, wear for a year and get a full refund....repeat....

Long time Costco member here... yes they will take it back and issue a full refund. No questions asked.
HoustonRoo
is online now Report Post
Well, I disagree with the guy you talked to. Read their return policy and tell me where is says you can't return a damaged watch. Regardless of what Brian #234643 says, it is pretty clear:

"What is Costco's return policy?
On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).
Diamonds: 1.00ct or larger: Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also present all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) at which time they will receive a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, our Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect for authenticity.
Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
Products with a limited useful life expectancy, such as tires and batteries, may be sold with a product-specific limited warranty.
Special Order Kiosk and Custom Installed Programs: Custom product(s) manufactured to our member’s personal and unique specifications cannot be returned or refunded, except for warranty repair/replacement due to failure to meet specifications.
Old 24 March 2017, 11:11 AM   #32
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRoo View Post
Yes. That's correct. Abuse is not covered. Manufacturer defects are. (Mother in law is a senior senior employee at Costco and we are very long time members.)

thats odd because in post 12 you said the opposite
Old 24 March 2017, 11:12 AM   #33
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
you did
Agreed. Apparently I did. I saw stretch bracelet and assumed that would be normal wear or defect.

Calling my mother in law who works for Costco management in the morning. (Thanks...)

Costco has the best return policy I have ever seen. I've seen people return all sorts of weird stuff and get a full refund.

On the jewelry... Costco diamond jewelry : they guarantee the value of stones and will buy them back at any time for the appraised value that comes with the jewelry. Great article about Costco diamond versus Tiffany's etc:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Moms/story?id=1197202
Old 24 March 2017, 11:12 AM   #34
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
Well, I disagree with the guy you talked to. Read their return policy and tell me where is says you can't return a damaged watch. Regardless of what Brian #234643 says, it is pretty clear:

"What is Costco's return policy?
On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).
Diamonds: 1.00ct or larger: Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also present all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) at which time they will receive a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, our Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect for authenticity.
Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
Products with a limited useful life expectancy, such as tires and batteries, may be sold with a product-specific limited warranty.
Special Order Kiosk and Custom Installed Programs: Custom product(s) manufactured to our member’s personal and unique specifications cannot be returned or refunded, except for warranty repair/replacement due to failure to meet specifications.

so your saying i can return a damaged rolex with cracked bezel and damaged case for full refund a year or 5 later NO QUESTIONS ASKED 100%??

i say: YOU LIE!!!!!

i will believe the costco concierge over heresay on the 'net!

Rolex is not a vacuum cleaner!!!
Old 24 March 2017, 11:16 AM   #35
corn18
Banned

Quote:
so your saying i can return a damaged rolex with cracked bezel and damaged case for full refund a year or 5 later NO QUESTIONS ASKED 100%??

I'm half tempted to buy one and return it in 5 years, but by tomorrow, I won't care about this anymore.
Old 24 March 2017, 11:16 AM   #36
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Agreed. Apparently I did. I saw stretch bracelet and assumed that would be normal wear or defect.

Calling my mother in law who works for Costco management in the morning. (Thanks...)

Costco has the best return policy I have ever seen. I've seen people return all sorts of weird stuff and get a full refund.

On the jewelry... Costco diamond jewelry : they guarantee the value of stones and will buy them back at any time for the appraised value that comes with the jewelry. Great article about Costco diamond versus Tiffany's etc:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Moms/story?id=1197202
thats cool. i understand 100% that their return policy is awesome.....but theres no way in hell they will take back a rolex 5 years later or 1 year later for that matter that has been abused, damaged, cracked sapphire, bezel, dented case etc.........thats common sense.....and IF they did....it would be abused....

manufacture defect makes sense.....if watch stopped working with no visible DAMAGE, that also makes sense...
Old 24 March 2017, 11:17 AM   #37
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I'm half tempted to buy one and return it in 5 years, but by tomorrow, I won't care about this anymore.
no worries after 5 minutes no one believes you anyways
Old 24 March 2017, 11:17 AM   #38
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Costcos written policy says you are incorrect.
Old 24 March 2017, 11:18 AM   #39
corn18
Banned

Quote:
no worries after 5 minutes no one believes you anyways
True dat!
Old 24 March 2017, 11:20 AM   #40
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Costcos written policy says you are incorrect.
nope. i read it. and spoke with costco rep.

believe me I HOPE they will take back a well worn abused damaged rolex and give me a FULL refund because IF SO daddys getting a free rolex every year

i want to be wrong. trust me.

but what is it anyways? first you tell me yes...than no..and now yes again????
Old 24 March 2017, 11:21 AM   #41
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
thats cool. i understand 100% that their return policy is awesome.....but theres no way in hell they will take back a rolex 5 years later or 1 year later for that matter that has been abused, damaged, cracked sapphire, bezel, dented case etc.........thats common sense.....and IF they did....it would be abused....

manufacture defect makes sense.....if watch stopped working with no visible DAMAGE, that also makes sense...
I'm beginning to think this is a derailed post now.

You keep going on about abused watches. I have no idea what they would do if you abuse a watch and ask for a refund.

Having said that, Costcos written policy says they will accept a return on the watch if there are defects from manufacturer. Their return policy is much better than anything you will ever get at an AD.

I'm done with this post since you seem to be hung up on the abuse aspect which is outside of what any normal person would do with a nice watch.
Old 24 March 2017, 11:28 AM   #42
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

I wonder if you get the warranty card or will it just be an in-house Costco warranty?
Old 24 March 2017, 11:29 AM   #43
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
I'm beginning to think this is a derailed post now.

You keep going on about abused watches. I have no idea what they would do if you abuse a watch and ask for a refund.

Having said that, Costcos written policy says they will accept a return on the watch if there are defects from manufacturer. Their return policy is much better than anything you will ever get at an AD.

I'm done with this post since you seem to be hung up on the abuse aspect which is outside of what any normal person would do with a nice watch.
i have always known costco will refund fully if manufacture defect..in fact thats what the concierge told me as well HOWEVER many, including yourself and some others on many threads imply that costco will take back any product anytime in any condition for full refund...we know this is not the case.....their website states electronics are covered for 90 days and PM jewellery for 48 hrs......their watch section only states manufacture defect......

i was just making a point on how absolutely absurd it is to think costco will fully refund a patek or rolex in any condition unrelated to a manufacture defect.
Old 24 March 2017, 11:30 AM   #44
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
I wonder if you get the warranty card or will it just be an in-house Costco warranty?
no warranty card. just costco warranty, which as stated earlier is just as good if not better...
Old 24 March 2017, 11:33 AM   #45
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Costco's guarantee is written for real people with genuine issue's, not shysters that are trying to take advantage of the system. What a waste of a thread I wish a mod would close it!
Old 24 March 2017, 11:36 AM   #46
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaters View Post
Costco's guarantee is written for real people with genuine issue's, not shysters that are trying to take advantage of the system. What a waste of a thread I wish a mod would close it!
correct. I just enjoy busting the 'myth' that costco will accept any product in any condition at anytime for full refund.

because truth be told IF costco is that stupid than they deserve to be abused
Old 24 March 2017, 11:38 AM   #47
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
where is the popcorn emoji when i need it?
Old 24 March 2017, 12:03 PM   #48
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What an unfortunate way to view the world and treat other people.
Advocating abuse of a company that operates in good faith and provides good service?

I think it's very unfortunate to view a great company as "stupid" and deserving of abuse because they operate in a trusting and honest manner.

Do you feel the same way when children, people with mental disabilities or the elderly or anyone else who exhibits trust are abused as well?

You've stated more than 3 times that Costco "deserves to be abused" because of their policies or perceived policies.

Edit to Add: You've also stated twice that if in fact Costco would accept a damaged watch back, that "Daddy (you) would buy a new Rolex and return it for a new one every year." I might be wrong but in my opinion this reflects poor character and a lack of moral fiber. Clearly stating an intent to defraud an honest business because they trust their customers is in poor taste and unbecoming in my view.

Referring to oneself as "Daddy" tends to confirm the above in my view as well.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:06 PM   #49
atila
"TRF" Member

Quote:
correct. I just enjoy busting the 'myth' that costco will accept any product in any condition at anytime for full refund.

You keep saying this, saying you'll abuse their policy if they are dumb. Do you have any class?

If you're a great Costco member and bought a Rolex and after one year returned it because you didn't like - no major damage or abuse but normal wear and tear - small scratches etc on bracelet - they WILL return it.

If someone wants to be a scumbag they obviously won't take it back. It's REALLY that simple.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:25 PM   #50
Sierrarls
"TRF" Member

You guys are hilarious. I feel like I'm reading a script of a Seinfeld scene that never got made.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:33 PM   #51
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Im gonna abuse Costco by eating free samples
Old 24 March 2017, 12:35 PM   #52
Dr.Smellody
"TRF" Member

I love Costco. I'd buy athe Costco. No problem.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:43 PM   #53
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
Quote:
Advocating abuse of a company that operates in good faith and provides good service?

I think it's very unfortunate to view a great company as "stupid" and deserving of abuse because they operate in a trusting and honest manner.

Do you feel the same way when children, people with mental disabilities or the elderly or anyone else who exhibits trust are abused as well?

You've stated more than 3 times that Costco "deserves to be abused" because of their policies or perceived policies.

Edit to Add: You've also stated twice that if in fact Costco would accept a damaged watch back, that "Daddy (you) would buy a new Rolex and return it for a new one every year." I might be wrong but in my opinion this reflects poor character and a lack of moral fiber. Clearly stating an intent to defraud an honest business because they trust their customers is in poor taste and unbecoming in my view.

Lol My thoughts too
Old 24 March 2017, 12:45 PM   #54
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
And yes, Costco is a great place. Glad they are offering luxury watches. I had no idea. I'll have to swing by the jewelry section next time.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:47 PM   #55
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Will Costco carry the new sea dweller?
Old 24 March 2017, 12:53 PM   #56
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:

I know you weren't talking about me, but just to be clear this screen name was made almost 20 years ago when I was a teenager (It's the name of one of the members of 2pac's outlaw group.) I made

it then and it kinda just stuck with me throughout the years. I used it on other forums for years and I always use the same name for continuity among forum communities. This just reminds me I need to

stop doing that and come up with a new screen name
Old 24 March 2017, 12:57 PM   #57
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy View Post
I know you weren't talking about me, but just to be clear this screen name was made almost 20 years ago when I was a teenager (It's the name of one of the members of 2pac's outlaw group.) I made

it then and it kinda just stuck with me throughout the years. I used it on other forums for years and I always use the same name for continuity among forum communities. This just reminds me I need to

stop doing that and come up with a new screen name
Nah, you can't do that Anthony. We all know and love you by that screen name.
The point of the post was a million miles away from the screen name you have chosen. It was used to make a point about the florid psychopathology of the person in question.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:57 PM   #58
Ticknaway
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Im gonna abuse Costco by eating free samples
Ha ! If they consider this abuse I'm going to lose my membership!! Could you imagine " excuse me sir please step away from the sample table and slowly pass me your membership card"
Old 24 March 2017, 12:59 PM   #59
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:

costco is a corporation

sorry, but if big business are fools than i will play the system
Old 24 March 2017, 01:02 PM   #60
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atila View Post
You keep saying this, saying you'll abuse their policy if they are dumb. Do you have any class?

If you're a great Costco member and bought a Rolex and after one year returned it because you didn't like - no major damage or abuse but normal wear and tear - small scratches etc on bracelet - they WILL return it.

If someone wants to be a scumbag they obviously won't take it back. It's REALLY that simple.
i disagree. why would costco take a well worn watch back??? thats dumb....please explain to all of us what the costco 'standard' for wear and tear is? whats the barometer???

besides

you miss the point. many here including one of the responders said that costco takes back a watch in any condition at anytime for full refund..

i always knew the answer was no as thats common sense, but some are in denial. i was just making a point
Closed Thread