The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24 March 2017, 01:03 PM   #61
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Any time? Even 5 years later?
A friend of mine returned a Breitling after owning it for 4 years. For a full refund. This was approx 5 years ago. I don't recall the reason he returned it but I remember clearly they gave him a full refund. He was happy about it.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:04 PM   #62
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue16613 View Post
Nah, you can't do that Anthony. We all know and love you by that screen name.
The point of the post was a million miles away from the screen name you have chosen. It was used to make a point about the florid psychopathology of the person in question.
Hahaha I know it wasn't geared towards me in the slightest but it made me think "hmmm, I've been meaning to do that for like 15 years now"

I'll leave it for this forum since I've already posted over 1000 times but the next hobby I find I may need to shorten it to BigSyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
A friend of mine returned a Breitling after owning it for 4 years. For a full refund. This was approx 5 years ago. I don't recall the reason he returned it but I remember clearly they gave him a full refund. He was happy about it.
Wow that's crazy. I don't think I could do that. Even though they're a major corporation I would feel bad about it.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:04 PM   #63
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy View Post
I know you weren't talking about me, but just to be clear this screen name was made almost 20 years ago when I was a teenager (It's the name of one of the members of 2pac's outlaw group.) I made

it then and it kinda just stuck with me throughout the years. I used it on other forums for years and I always use the same name for continuity among forum communities. This just reminds me I need to

stop doing that and come up with a new screen name
i like your screen name

shame on those who equate costco with the elderly and children with disabilities

#pathetic
Old 24 March 2017, 01:06 PM   #64
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
if true your friend must disrespect the elderly and children with disabilities. shameful.

also if true and no defective watch than costco are idiots and deserved to be treated as such

i dont decide costcos return policy. they do.

however i do not believe this to be true...at least not anymore....maybe its your friends fault they changed the policy!!!
Old 24 March 2017, 01:14 PM   #65
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Crazy thread. Looking forward to confirmation whether you can/cannot do the thing that you should/should not do.

Old 24 March 2017, 01:22 PM   #66
speedmaster73
Banned

hmmmmm.....this sheds some light

seems to be one should know if they are unsatisfied with their watch purchase in less than 4 years!!!!! 4 months for that matter!!!

Is the Costco Return Policy Unlimited?

Besides the limit 90-day return limit on electronics, many wonder if the Costco return policy is unlimited. For anything reasonable, the answer is “yes.” In the strict sense, the answer is “no” for those who are trying to abuse the system.

Costco states its return policy aims for a “100% guarantee on all merchandise.” Costco is also quick to clarify the return policy is left up to the individual discretion of each location’s manager. This is necessary, because like any good thing, it seems there will always be those people out there who decide to take advantage of the generous return policy. There are stories online of customers attempting to return ten-year-old products, just to test whether or not Costco will honor the return policy. Apparently, even Costco has limits, and that’s why managers are given the discretion to decide on an individual basis whether or not to accept a return.
Like most retail establishments today, Costco is aware that customers demand satisfaction, and it goes out of its way to please its customers with a highly-regarded return policy. As long as you aren’t trying to abuse the system, you should be able to return any product you aren’t satisfied with without any issues at all.

For more on Costco and what you should and shouldn’t get there check out these fine articles.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:27 PM   #67
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy View Post
I know you weren't talking about me, but just to be clear this screen name was made almost 20 years ago when I was a teenager (It's the name of one of the members of 2pac's outlaw group.) I made

it then and it kinda just stuck with me throughout the years. I used it on other forums for years and I always use the same name for continuity among forum communities. This just reminds me I need to

stop doing that and come up with a new screen name
Apologies. I was not referring to you at all. I was referring to the other gentleman. I'm sure you're a great guy!
Old 24 March 2017, 01:29 PM   #68
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post
costco is a corporation

sorry, but if big business are fools than i will play the system
Now my suspicion of poor moral character is confirmed.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:32 PM   #69
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
hmmmmm.....this sheds some light

seems to be one should know if they are unsatisfied with their watch purchase in less than 4 years!!!!! 4 months for that matter!!!

Is the Costco Return Policy Unlimited?

Besides the limit 90-day return limit on electronics, many wonder if the Costco return policy is unlimited. For anything reasonable, the answer is “yes.” In the strict sense, the answer is “no” for those who are trying to abuse the system.

Costco states its return policy aims for a “100% guarantee on all merchandise.” Costco is also quick to clarify the return policy is left up to the individual discretion of each location’s manager. This is necessary, because like any good thing, it seems there will always be those people out there who decide to take advantage of the generous return policy. There are stories online of customers attempting to return ten-year-old products, just to test whether or not Costco will honor the return policy. Apparently, even Costco has limits, and that’s why managers are given the discretion to decide on an individual basis whether or not to accept a return.
Like most retail establishments today, Costco is aware that customers demand satisfaction, and it goes out of its way to please its customers with a highly-regarded return policy. As long as you aren’t trying to abuse the system, you should be able to return any product you aren’t satisfied with without any issues at all.

For more on Costco and what you should and shouldn’t get there check out these fine articles.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:34 PM   #70
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRoo View Post
poor moral character? costco made the return policy!!!!...so let me get this straight....no one is supposed to use their return policy???

if a car dealer let you return your car at anytime with any mileage for a full refund or exchange would you be the only person driving your beater while everyone else has a new car annually???

my previous post shows that costco is generous but also not dummies and there are plenty of costco related threads on reddit etc verifying people being denied returns.....

Old 24 March 2017, 01:35 PM   #71
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
if true your friend must disrespect the elderly and children with disabilities. shameful.

also if true and no defective watch than costco are idiots and deserved to be treated as such

i dont decide costcos return policy. they do.

however i do not believe this to be true...at least not anymore....maybe its your friends fault they changed the policy!!!
Dude, not sure what your problem is? Are you just trolling??

Either way, I don't really give a F*** what you think. I shared my experience as it pertained to the thread. I've known my friend for 30 years. He doesn't lie. He returned the watch after 4 years and got a full refund. If I felt like you deserved an answer, I would call him tomorrow and get the reason as it may be helpful. But based on your responses to other forum members in this thread, it appears you have serious issues for some strange reason. Good luck with that
Old 24 March 2017, 01:37 PM   #72
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:

Either way, I don't really give a F*** what you think. I shared my experience as it pertained to the thread. I've known my friend for 30 years. He doesn't lie. He returned the watch after 4 years and got a full refund. If I felt like you deserved an answer, I would call him tomorrow and get the reason as it may be helpful. But based on your responses to other forum members in this thread, it appears you have serious issues for some strange reason. Good luck with that
my reply was making light of another poster saying i must disrespect the elderly and abuse children with disabilities if i do what your friend DID...

read the whole thread....i was making 'light' of the posters comment.....not attacking your friend!!
Old 24 March 2017, 01:41 PM   #73
blue16613
Banned

[QUOTE=jonnyz1245;7466819]Dude, not sure what your problem is? Are you just trolling??

I don't think he's trolling. I think he's exhibiting a well described, inappropriate type of behavior which often occurs when one can hide under the cloak of anonymity on an internet site like this one where one does not have to divulge their true identity at any point of the membership process.

If he's not and what we are seeing is his "real" personna, he needs his meds increased ASAP.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:43 PM   #74
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=blue16613;7466837]
Quote:

I don't think he's trolling. I think he's exhibiting a well described, inappropriate type of behavior which often occurs when one can hide under the cloak of anonymity on an internet site like this one where one does not have to divulge their true identity at any point of the membership process.

If he's not and what we are seeing is his "real" personna, he needs his meds increased ASAP.
Well said.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:43 PM   #75
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
my reply was making light of another poster saying i must disrespect the elderly and abuse children with disabilities if i do what your friend DID...

read the whole thread....i was making 'light' of the posters comment.....not attacking your friend!!
Re read what I wrote and do not put words in my mouth.

I did not say that you disrespect kids or the elderly.

I posed a question asking if you felt taking advantage of or abusing them was acceptable since you feel abusing a business is acceptable simply because they trust their clients. "Stupid" is how I believe you described it.

Your lack of a moral compass is clear. I was just asking if it was limited to defrauding a business or if it extended beyond that.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:44 PM   #76
speedmaster73
Banned

[QUOTE=blue16613;7466837]
Quote:

save the psychoanalysis for another time

if you read the whole thread you would see i was making a point about costcos return policy and the 'myths' that surround it.....everything was hypotheticals....

Old 24 March 2017, 01:46 PM   #77
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:

I posed a question asking if you felt taking advantage of or abusing them was acceptable since you feel abusing a business is acceptable.

Your lack of a moral compass is clear. I was just asking if it was limited to defrauding a business or if it extended beyond that.
give it up.....you have made statements and than recanted and than said them all over again.....

bottomline. costco does NOT accept returns on anything at anytime in any condition....maybe they used to but it appears no longer

furthermore its not defrauding a business if thats the rules they have set out.....google 'fraud' its all there....
Old 24 March 2017, 01:46 PM   #78
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I posed a question asking if you felt taking advantage of or abusing them was as acceptable since you feel abusing a business is acceptable.

Houstonroo- Me thinks it may not be worth your time and effort here. It is clear what his intent is. You're all good, he's just doing whatever he's doing for god knows what reasons. Its not the first time on an internet forum this has happened and won't be the last.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:53 PM   #79
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltesvdx View Post
So was at my local Costco and saw this. Very decent price. However, the costco rep couldn't really answer any questions about the warranty other than it's covered by the Costco policy. Went to my local AD and they said it's difficult to match their prices given they are not authorized dealers.

Are there any downsides to buying from Costco vs. an AD if the price is right?

Yes. Downside is if you need work done they don't guarantee replacement parts come from Rolex. In fact they likely don't have access to watch repair that have access to genuine Rolex parts.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:55 PM   #80
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
Yes, they are like any other reseller here who sells BNIB.
Negative. You do not get a warranty card buying from Costco. You rely on their in house, or partners, for repairs, if ever needed. Gray market dealers give you the warranty card.
Old 24 March 2017, 01:58 PM   #81
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Any time? Even 5 years later?
Yes. 10, 15, etc. as long as costco is in business they will refund the entire purchase price.
Old 24 March 2017, 02:04 PM   #82
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltesvdx View Post
So was at my local Costco and saw this. Very decent price. However, the costco rep couldn't really answer any questions about the warranty other than it's covered by the Costco policy. Went to my local AD and they said it's difficult to match their prices given they are not authorized dealers.

Are there any downsides to buying from Costco vs. an AD if the price is right?

nope. no downside imop.

use a good credit card and double the rolex warranty (10yrs !!!) and also get a 1yr Costco no questions asked return policy.
Old 24 March 2017, 02:08 PM   #83
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
Negative. You do not get a warranty card buying from Costco. You rely on their in house, or partners, for repairs, if ever needed. Gray market dealers give you the warranty card.
Rolex has a 5 year warranty on their new watches. So after 4.5 years, if the watch is running too slow or fast, Rolex USA will repair the watch under warranty.

If a Rolex purchased at Costco runs too slow or fast after 4.5 years, will Costco send the watch to a contract watchmaker for repair? What if the original purchasers want a full refund at this point?

This is a hypothetical situation, but a very plausible scenario where a legitimate customer purchased a watch in good faith, but after several years, watch is not performing its main function of keeping accurate time.

I am not a Costco member, but know many people who speak highly of their customer service.
Old 24 March 2017, 02:13 PM   #84
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Yeah I know, it had nothing to do with me. It just reminded me I wanted to tell the forums the origin of my name because it's silly
Old 24 March 2017, 02:21 PM   #85
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
Rolex has a 5 year warranty on their new watches. So after 4.5 years, if the watch is running too slow or fast, Rolex USA will repair the watch under warranty.

If a Rolex purchased at Costco runs too slow or fast after 4.5 years, will Costco send the watch to a contract watchmaker for repair? What if the original purchasers want a full refund at this point?

This is a hypothetical situation, but a very plausible scenario where a legitimate customer purchased a watch in good faith, but after several years, watch is not performing its main function of keeping accurate time.

I am not a Costco member, but know many people who speak highly of their customer service.
After 4.5 years the original purchasers will get a fulll refund from Costco for that watch, if they choose to return it. Including tax paid. Or they can have Costco send it off for a full covered repair risking the repairer will not use 100% Rolex parts.

It sounds too good and all but Costco shouldn't have (but maybe do) access to watch repairers using 100% Rolex made parts.

So why would anyone take a Rolex to Costco for repair? Well they wouldn't. They'd get a refund, particularly as replacing the watch for a similar style is only happening if Costco happens to have that watch in stock again.
Old 24 March 2017, 02:51 PM   #86
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
The ability to buy a Rolex at Costco seems so ghetto. I wish Rolex would not allow this. Not a fan of the whole concept.
Old 24 March 2017, 02:55 PM   #87
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
The ability to buy a Rolex at Costco seems so ghetto. I wish Rolex would not allow this. Not a fan of the whole concept.
Who cares?

If someone is fine with buying from a grey market dealer then let them be.

It doesn't cheapen the brand any more than being able to buy LNIB on eBay or Amazon. Or on here from some of our preferred sellers on the forum.
Old 24 March 2017, 03:06 PM   #88
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
That's an absurd thing to say..... Costco is a far more "trusted" seller than some who post here!
Old 24 March 2017, 03:25 PM   #89
ekim213
"TRF" Member

parents bought a leather sofa from costco. several years in, some areas of the sofa started showing some noticeable wear. they called costco, costco issued a full refund, picked up the old sofa, and delivered the new sofa.
maybe not exactly apples to apples, but costco customer service is second to none. i'd have no reservations about buying from them. i think they'd issue a refund on a rolex too, but come on.... be reasonable and don't try to shady about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread