The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 August 2018, 08:15 AM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Was Watching Most Expensivest...

2 Chainz had another bling Patek. Curious if factory done or just another Vladdy creation?

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 08:31 AM   #2
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Aftermarket 100% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 August 2018, 10:32 AM   #3
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Hurts my eyes

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 10:32 AM   #4
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks, that's what i thought. Khaled had Raymond Lee in Miami make his, claims it costs 300k LOL!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 30 August 2018, 11:07 AM   #5
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Thanks, that's what i thought. Khaled had Raymond Lee in Miami make his, claims it costs 300k LOL!

who is this Khaled or Raymond... lol

I am so out of touch.
Old 30 August 2018, 12:38 PM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Aftermarket for sure.

Some entertainers like to lie about what jewelry costs. Which is just marketing on their part so whatever.
Old 30 August 2018, 08:05 PM   #7
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

Why you yelling?
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 08:27 PM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Aftermarket for sure.

Some entertainers like to lie about what jewelry costs. Which is just marketing on their part so whatever.
they also lie about owning a lot of it too. There is an entire industry of renting/leasing luxury stuff so people can keep up with appearances. Most dont own 3 bentleys either, they lease them for a fraction of the purchase price but act like they bought them with all their cash.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 11:38 PM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
they also lie about owning a lot of it too. There is an entire industry of renting/leasing luxury stuff so people can keep up with appearances. Most dont own 3 bentleys either, they lease them for a fraction of the purchase price but act like they bought them with all their cash.

For sure. I can’t say I blame them though given our society and the money you can make simply by posting opulent displays of wealth on social media. It’s a hell of a time to be a psychologist as people really aren’t afraid to show their colors and intentions from behind a keyboard.
Old 31 August 2018, 12:15 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
For sure. I can’t say I blame them though given our society and the money you can make simply by posting opulent displays of wealth on social media. It’s a hell of a time to be a psychologist as people really aren’t afraid to show their colors and intentions from behind a keyboard.
Yup, it's huge social media income now for celebs and reality stars promoting all sorts of crap mainly to do with cosmetic appearance, this guy off Love Island was revealed to be the son of a multi millionaire and was wearing APs in his free time but was promoting some £100 watch all over SM and apparently loving it!
Old 31 August 2018, 12:48 AM   #11
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Very similar one on Chrono24 for 75k USD. If anyone is interested.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 03:14 AM   #12
Burlington
"TRF" Member

The advertising game is really changing for brands that can keep up.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 03:15 AM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I'm curious how this is different than, say, leverage financing and other things people do to juggle money? Isn't part of their job to have the Persona that you described? Blinged-out Pateks included. I'm sure they don't mind this type of watch advertising as it reaches a vibrant young audience.

Old 31 August 2018, 03:22 AM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm curious how this is different than, say, leverage financing and other things people do to juggle money? Isn't part of their job to have the Persona that you described? Blinged-out Pateks included. I'm sure they don't mind this type of watch advertising as it reaches a vibrant young audience.
im fine with it but where i think it moves into poor taste is when they act like they own it. I can rent a mansion and thats fine but when i tell everyone i bought it with cash then I would look a bit ridiculous. Either way, rent or buy, is fine and my issue is with misrepresentation.

reality TV stars are about the worst in this arena.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 05:03 AM   #15
Ballzzz
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
im fine with it but where i think it moves into poor taste is when they act like they own it. I can rent a mansion and thats fine but when i tell everyone i bought it with cash then I would look a bit ridiculous. Either way, rent or buy, is fine and my issue is with misrepresentation.

Nailed it!
Old 31 August 2018, 05:06 AM   #16
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:

And it makes sense for them to do it, too. Especially for the flood of “influencers” all over social media. The more they show, the more followers they get. And the more followers they get, the more they get paid. It’s pretty insane the money being made.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 05:10 AM   #17
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Nailed it!
100% agree. Sure there are a few guys like Jay Z and his lovely enamel WT that is pure class. But the entertainment industry is, well, hopefully entertaining. Besides, maybe they're smart and lease or whatever to take advantage of writing off what they can as part of their expenses.

You need XYZ for ZYX awards or tv show or some appearance, may as well make it a biz expense? Is that possible?

Old 31 August 2018, 06:06 AM   #18
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
These watches look like absolute garbage. Factory gem set stones or none IMO

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 06:26 AM   #19
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP15 View Post
And it makes sense for them to do it, too. Especially for the flood of “influencers” all over social media. The more they show, the more followers they get. And the more followers they get, the more they get paid. It’s pretty insane the money being made.
But the consequences are horrendous, now 1 in 4 fourteen year old girls and 1 in 12 boys admitted to self harming due to stress, both from exams but also from their appearance and the constant SM barraging of having/buying the perfect face, nose, lips, bum, stomach, breasts, etc etc. I think some age limit laws on SM and smartphones need to be implemented and quick.
Old 31 August 2018, 07:16 AM   #20
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
But the consequences are horrendous, now 1 in 4 fourteen year old girls and 1 in 12 boys admitted to self harming due to stress, both from exams but also from their appearance and the constant SM barraging of having/buying the perfect face, nose, lips, bum, stomach, breasts, etc etc. I think some age limit laws on SM and smartphones need to be implemented and quick.
Yeah...that is terrible. And there is no turning it off, either. It’s a constant presence in everyone’s life. My Mom was a Kindergarten teacher for many years...and when her students have their own iPhone, it’s a problem. I have two small girls - 3 and 16 months - (I know girls are not the only ones affected) and I’m scared for what they will face.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 11:22 AM   #21
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
My son is 9,5, of course sometimes he tells me he wants a smartphone, I say hell no...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 11:56 AM   #22
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:

But then when brands like RM loan their watches to celebs they do want those celebs to act like they owned it.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 09:43 PM   #23
Tan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5320G
Quote:
2 Chainz had another bling Patek. Curious if factory done or just another Vladdy creation?
lmao i haven't heard the name Vladdy in a long time, not sure if that guy still does videos but he was a good laugh
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 04:54 AM   #24
R!$
Banned

garish philistines
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote