The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 February 2020, 05:51 PM   #31
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
This thread is a riot, you guys are hilarious. I too was all set to hate on Affleck but I honestly liked him better than Bale, but in a weird twist his actual movies were better for me, Affleck just was the better Batman in character.
Same doubts for Patterson, but if that clip is anything to go by, he may do well, just hope I don't have to tolerate any of those lost in silence twilight movie faces he does so well.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 07:06 PM   #32
DoraTheExplorerII
"TRF" Member

With this they should go back to old school campy Batman, kind of like when they had those movies with Arnold and Uma Thurman and Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones. But better. Not dark again, and not edgy like Deadpool, that got old really fast.
DoraTheExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 09:39 PM   #33
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
We don’t need another Batman movie right now. There are been 6 live action films since 2015 and only one was great. 1 was very good. The other were “meh”.

I hope this film does well. I'm just happy Zach Snyder isn’t involved.

Regarding Patterson, his forehead and jaw look odd in the cowl. Looks like an emaciated Batman. Usually, the actors' portrayal of Bruce Wayne is the deciding factor.

Keaton and Bale excelled in that aspect. Affleck was alright. The scripts were bad.

Hope Patterson surprises me.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 09:49 PM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I'm looking for my man purse, going to do some situps, and then go take a nap...
Sounds like a day in my life
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 12:33 AM   #35
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Funny you say that, because I've read a couple of articles of people who were originally cast for what became famous roles by someone else so you never know. Different actors would definitely have a different slant on the character:

Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones.
Jack Nicholson as Michael Corleone.
Al Pacino as Han Solo.
Will Smith as Neo. ...
Johnny Depp as Ferris Bueller.

https://www.triviagenius.com/five-ac...-famous-roles/

https://www.nme.com/photos/15-famous...-films-1420868
Not as contemporary as your list, but Audrey Hepburn was actually set to be cast in BOTH of Julie Andrews' biggest roles (Maria in The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins.) How Julie Andrews' career would have been different.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 03:03 AM   #36
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Not as contemporary as your list, but Audrey Hepburn was actually set to be cast in BOTH of Julie Andrews' biggest roles (Maria in The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins.) How Julie Andrews' career would have been different.
The whole acting thing is an interesting cerebral study of human nature. Basically there are actors and movie stars, and the movie star thing is actually defined by, "will people pay money to see them". Actors are actually defined as "can they act". Sometimes the two will intersect and other times not so much. But movie stars don't necessarily need to be good actors, just that people connect with them.

But a movie goer can go to a movie and even with a good script will not connect with an actor and if that actor repeats that after one or two more outings he's basically done as an actor, or at least a movie star.

It can even be equated to people that approach someones baby and the baby immediately smiles or starts to cry. The kid knows. Maybe that's how producers should audition actors for roles. Do the baby test.

Producers are always looking for that intangible "thing" that connects the performer with the audience, and riding that to huge profits. BUT they can never predict it.

As the saying goes it's not the movie making art, it's the movie making business and spending over a hundred million on basically one person to deliver for you must be a scary gamble. And in the Batman case using many different 'Batmans" must be nail biting even if it is a known franchise.

Perhaps Afflect did well as Batman because Afflect is a pretty wooden actor and Batman is as well. All bottled up and emotionless.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote